By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Nintendogamer said:
ethomaz said:

From end of September.

Console Wii PS3 X360
VGC Sales 74.6 39.5 43.6
Shipped 75.9 41.63 44.5
Diff 1.3 2.13 0.9

So PS3 undertracked here... need some adjustments.

end of september wii was not 74.6M, it was like 74.4M wasn't it? even though 1.3M gap is reasonable,, I reck the gap is like 1.5M hence the adjustments.

http://www.vgchartz.com/hwtable.php?cons[]=Wii&cons[]=PS3&cons[]=X360&reg[]=Total&start=32621&end=40454

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
welshbloke said:

It was all just another normal sales week then bang it all turned to shit. Unfortunately as fun as all this is for us it sets VGC back and they will have lost a tonne of credibility.

I hate to say it, never have before... but I have to agree to some extent.

I guess so, but the site was always based on data that might be adjusted and it's always been up-front it's trying to offer a free service based on available data.

I think the main thing is ioi and the team are responding and making adjustments that should hopefully, once the dust settles (which might not be for a while with Kinect launching soon):

1. put the numbers into a state that reflects well with known data while also reflecting the team's own views
  2. provide an even better base of data to use going forward

I mainly come for the forums, the numbers are just a bonus and I always treated them as estimates that were sometimes on the money and sometimes were off and adjusted later.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Seece said:

Big gratz to PS3, this is totally unexpected and now I have the horrible job of adjusting my gap charts AGAIN!

I'm actually not at all surprised.  In fact, I thought we would see this sooner (With the PS3 adjustments we probably did)...  I go on Amazon USA a lot and look at their top 100.  In the last few weeks I have saw a decline in the non-Kinect XBox SKUs and an increase in Kinect SKU purchases (Just checked and the $399 Kinect bundle is 11th and the 4Gb Kinect bundle is 57th while the first regular 360 without Kinect is 52nd). 

Although Amazon is not an authority it does show a trend.  As Kinect is getting closer sales of 360 hardware are shifting from consoles without Kinect to the console bundle with Kinect.  Which means lower sales right now and a significant increase when Kinect starts shipping in North America on November 4th.

I think the PS3 is still undertracked by at least 500K, maybe they're waiting to see where they should put them.

Talal said:

@seece took the news pretty well i didn't expect that :p

seece is fine.  I don't envy him if he decides to update some of the charts he producing, though.  That'll take a bit of work now.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Around the Network

Well in the end it seems like to use historic analogy slim release wasn't microsoft D-day to start conquering Europe back but more like Stalingrad ;) I wonder if Kinect launch might turn into Ardennes.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Nintendogamer said:
kopstudent89 said:
kowenicki said:

Excellent PS3 numbners in EMEAA, excellent 360 numbers in Americas

Did wii get its total LTD adjusted at all does anyone know?

up 200k i heard :/

And why did the wii get a boost in NA? anyone? please anyone? 

Just dance 2 and wii party, sames as EMEAA, and a bit of Xmas boost, may get higher with goldeneye and more holidays boost.

Wii party at 37k, JD2 at 100k... not really boost worthy of 33 percent especially since they both declined week over week. Plus kirby at 70k which isnt spectacular by any means. Really i cant see where the 33% boost(20k boost) came from, unless a huge marketing campaign for wii is happening

kopstudent89 said:
Nintendogamer said:
kopstudent89 said:
kowenicki said:

Just dance 2 and wii party, sames as EMEAA, and a bit of Xmas boost, may get higher with goldeneye and more holidays boost.

Wii party at 37k, JD2 at 100k... not really boost worthy of 33 percent especially since they both declined week over week. Plus kirby at 70k which isnt spectacular by any means. Really i cant see where the 33% boost(20k boost) came from, unless a huge marketing campaign for wii is happening

Lots of ads on uk tv with celebs. The usual Redknap family and JLS ones are now accompanied by Helen Mirren playing wii fit ads.

PS3 FTW

kopstudent89 said:
Nintendogamer said:
kopstudent89 said:
kowenicki said:

Boost was mainly UK ( 140%) on Just Dance being marketed.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.