By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Time Traveler" With Cell Phone Spotted In 1928 Charlie Chaplin Flick

[Source]

I'm Still Skeptical: "Time Traveler" With Cell Phone Spotted In 1928 Charlie Chaplin Flick

Allegedly a guy was watching Charlie Chaplin's 1928 silent film 'The Circus' and spotted a woman in a scene walking by talking on a cell phone. I watched the footage myself, and I'm skeptical to say the least. Guy is a crazy conspiracy-theorist to say a little more. Guy should be locked in a secret government facility and violated by aliens to say too much.

This short film is about a piece of footage I (George Clarke) found behind the scenes in Charlie Chaplins film 'The Circus'. Attending the premiere at Manns Chinese Theatre in Hollywood, CA - the scene shows a large woman dressed in black with a hat hiding most of her face, with what can only be described as a mobile phone device - talking as she walks alone.

I have studied this film for over a year now - showing it to over 100 people and at a film festival, yet no-one can give any explanation as to what she is doing.

My only theory - as well as many others - is simple... a time traveler on a mobile phone. See for yourself and feel free to leave a comment on your own explanation or thoughts about it.

Jesus, Sherlock Holmes is probably spinning in his grave. Check it -- I've got a much simpler (and correcter) explanation, and it goes like this: women, by nature, are talkers. And -- given nobody else to talk to, will even talk to themselves. This woman's probably having a make-believe convo with a shoe or makeup case. BOOM, case closed. Now, meet me at the bar for some real time-traveling (sorry, future trips only).

Hit the jump for two videos, the first of which has guy babbling about it for awhile, the second of which cuts straight to the chase.

Youtube

Thanks to the TOASTer, who better stop burning my f***ing bread.

Around the Network

This is obviously a scene out of the new series of Doctor Who.

God, don't these people know anything?

Watching the first video I would almost believe there's something fishy going on, except I don't think the iPhone 8G will have reception in 1928...

I would have said it was this magical device from Warehouse 13, but this was made one year later! :P 

http://warehouse13.wikia.com/wiki/Farnsworth

Some people -_-

That does seem a bit odd, though.

Maybe she was covering her face in front of the camera, or scratching her cheek, 

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

Around the Network

It's kinda funny that with this, when they can't think of what is going on, the first conclusion they jump to is "time traveler talking on a cell phone".  Obviously Ockham's Razor is not the most well-known thing to a lot of people.  

Lots of things in this world is fishy, and trust me the human brain is a powerful thing.  People can force themselves to believe almost anything.  Aside from that, I'm sure there is quite a reasonable explanation to all of this.  Hell may have already been a known reasonable explanation to this that has just been left out.  Wouldn't worry about it too much.

its someone from the star trek ng on one of their missions

edit

after watching it all,the spooky things is in the slo-mo when they kind of turn to the camera,brilliant

could be a man or woman too,haha love this sort of thing

could it be touched up though,nothing they can't do these days

although i do belive in timetravel so i'm sold

Above & Beyond

Who would he be talking to, and how? There would be no cell towers.

How crazy does one have to be to think this is a cell phone?

that is the definition of "ahead of your time "

Above & Beyond

TheRealMafoo said:

Who would he be talking to, and how? There would be no cell towers.

How crazy does one have to be to think this is a cell phone?

its not a cell phone

they are talking to the mothership she is saying,beam me up when i get round the corner

Above & Beyond