By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumor: FF:CC Crystal Bearers “appears to be in trouble”

EGM's rumor section isn't exactly the best source. Maybe 25% of their rumor section ends up being true.

Around the Network
MrPickles said:
gamingdevil said:

If FFCC:TCB is canceled then SE SUCKS!!!

Edit: Wow lots of mistakes today!

You realize they made the game in your avy, right?

Hmmm what?

I hope TCB isn't cancelled.

Generation 8 Predictions so far.....(as of 9/2013)

Console that will sell most: Nintendo Wii U

Who will sell more consoles between Microsoft/SONY: SONY

Well IGN discredits the Final Fantasy rumor. In their wii-k in review podcast they touched on that EGM rumor and they said just the opposite. They said they had heard that and that EGM doesn't have a great track record, and that in fact they've been hearing just the opposite. They've been hearing that it looks incredible and that square's just been sitting on it.

Makes sense to me. It's been a long time since any new info has been released about Crystal Bearers, but that doesn't mean a whole lot. They don't seem to flaunt their projects as much as some developers. You hardly ever hear anything new about FF13 and that's the biggest thing they've got going.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Although, EGM doesn't get everything right, at least one rumor every issue comes true. Ive been subscribing for over 3 years and they always get a few right.

So don't take this as fact, but also don't discard it.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

I wouldn't discard it outright if IGN hadn't blatantly contradicted them, and I trust IGN alot more than EGM.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

outlawauron said:
Although, EGM doesn't get everything right, at least one rumor every issue comes true. Ive been subscribing for over 3 years and they always get a few right.

So don't take this as fact, but also don't discard it.

I've been subscribing to EGM since the late 90s, and I can tell you they rarely get anything right that's not really obvious.  In fact, after reading EGM for so many years I have no doubt in my mind that their rumors have never actually had a source.  They are speculation made by EGM themselves.  I would much rather trust IGN who has actually seen the game played and had contact with the developers than EGM who constantly makes up completely BS rumors.  

Could be. We haven't heard anything about this game for a while and SE has really been propping up FFCC:The Young King and the Promised Land. Perhaps they canceled crystal bearers and implemented parts of it for the other game?

It better not suck, Wii needs an awesome 3rd party RPG to kick ass in sales so more 3rd party developers make good RPGs for the Wii.

damkira said:
Could be. We haven't heard anything about this game for a while and SE has really been propping up FFCC:The Young King and the Promised Land. Perhaps they canceled crystal bearers and implemented parts of it for the other game?

Considering FFCC:TYKatPL is a micro-management country building "god" RPG ala Actraiser and FFCC:TCB is an action RPG ala Kingdom Hearts this scenario is very unlikely.

and for those who haven't seen it:

Clearly a game that's quite far along in development.  Obviously they have a working engine that's running the game.  If any real problems were going to develop, they most likely would have been before this point (see: Project H.A.M.M.E.R.).