By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Greatest PS3 RPGs

I recently got into the RPG genre more after playing Tales of Symphonia on my gamecube which I had a lot of fun with. This made me want a good RPG on the PS3 to play.

Can anyone recommend the best RPGs for the PS3? Here are some elements I like in RPGs, monsters to kill for exp and loot, leveling up and improving stats/skills (obviously),  side quests are always good, equipment customization, a good story helps, and a lengthy game. 

I know I probably described most RPGs out there, but what are the best? They don't have to have all these elements but this should give you an idea of something I might like. It's sad ToV isn't out for the PS3 here but oh well.

Also, I was kinda interested in White Knight Chronicles but saw that the game got some pretty bad reviews. Can anyone let me know how this game is and if it's still worth picking up?

Thanks

Side note: I played Valkyria Chronicles, tried Oblivion(Couldn't get into it) 

Around the Network

WKC  is a good game.. you might want to wait until part 2 is released however, they are bundling the first game and improved the combat machanics people had problems with.... If you are looking for a good RPG for PS3 thats easy..... get demon souls right now and be happy, nothing else comes close IMO, try fallout 3, that game is decent.

I'm not martin luther king. I don't have a dream. I have a plan

Sell a man a fish you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish you just ruined a perfect business opportunity.

We didn't emerge out of the stone age because we ran out of stones. Its time to be proactive not reactive.

Demon's Souls and Yakuza 3 are at the top of the pile and I think WKC is a better version of FF12 personally though there are some parts where ff12 is better but WKC is better in my opinion.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

FFXIII, obviously.

Demon's Souls. For all three spots. Its just that good.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Around the Network

Top tier : FF13, Valkyria Chronicles, and Elder Scrolls IV : Oblivion

Mid/Top tier : Star Ocean 4, NIER 

Mid Tier : Dragon Age Origins, WKC (To the contrary of ajescent I feel this game is a poor man's FF12)

If you couldn't get into Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion, I doubt you'll get into Fallout 3.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

For what you described I would suggest Resonance of Fate and Demon's Souls.

WKC is ok it just has an extremely slow battle system that gets boring and the story isn't that interesting.  I did like the large overworld to explore though.

Dragon Age Origins & Demon Souls. Praying for Demon Souls 2

Oblivion for the massive world and tons of quests and skills.
Dragon Age for the cool combat system and epic story. Dragon Age 2 comes out early next year!

Check out some gameplay videos and see if they are to your liking.

darthdevidem01 said:

Top tier : FF13, Valkyria Chronicles, and Elder Scrolls IV : Oblivion

Mid/Top tier : Star Ocean 4, NIER 

Mid Tier : Dragon Age Origins, WKC (To the contrary of ajescent I feel this game is a poor man's FF12)

If you couldn't get into Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion, I doubt you'll get into Fallout 3.

Um, Demon's Souls?! For shame, Darth.