By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - A Square Enix Stockholder who owned 1% of the company left because of FFXIV

@ishiki, Yes Square and Enix where in merger talks before Spirits With in ,but they saw that Spirits failure at the time ( it did eventualy recoup its cost but only after many years  off the back of  home video sales) as a bad sign for the future and it took Sony buying a large stake for Enix to again become confident of the merger.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Around the Network

There is something wrong when your portable games are better than your console ones. what happened to the Square of the SNES-PS1 era???? they were putting out so much good crap it was hard to keep up. FFs, Saga Frontier, Einhader, Chronowhatever, Bushido Blade, PEs it goes on and on

Square-Enix will never make a quality game like FFVI or FFVII. Those glory days are long gone.... I give up on them. My love for the series is slowly fading away.... :(

3DS Friend Code:   4596-9822-6909

Christian973 said:

Square-Enix will never make a quality game like FFVI or FFVII. Those glory days are long gone.... I give up on them. My love for the series is slowly fading away.... :(

What???

What about FF8,FF9, What about FFX????

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller

Around the Network
Bullet100000 said:
Christian973 said:

What???

What about FF8,FF9, What about FFX????

Those games were EPIC especially 8 but..they weren't as grand as ff6 and ff7 were :)

3DS Friend Code:   4596-9822-6909

Kingdom Hearts 1 2, FF X, FF  X-2, FF XII where among the best Games on the PS2. FF X was my all-time best game...still haven't decided if I like FF XIII a little bit more.

Birth by Sleep, Dissidia and Crisis Core showed what emotional games you can make on the PSP and they really overshadowed everything I saw on the DS. (TWEWY felt more like an Action/Adventure than a JRPG, but it was something completely new)

Will I really liked FF 7 and the whole Compilation, I had a relatively hard time with FF 6. From the SNES-FF I somehow like FF 4 the most.

In my opinion SE steadily improved their games with the advancing technology... FF 13 had so deep characters... only Heavy Rain or Heavenly Sword came close. They still make great games and I am really looking forward to Versus 13. Nomura is just awesome.

I haven't been a huge fan of S-E this gen on home consoles

I loved Dragon Quest IX, TWEWY, the various DQ/FF remakes and am currently enjoying FF Tactics A2.  But I found the likes of FFXIII and Star Ocean: TLH disapointing

Carl2291 said:

Solution to fix Square Enix -

Get rid of Wada.

(Also make the Final Fantasy VII Remake for PS3... Exclusively.)

They really, really should've let someone from Enix take over after the merger.

Enix >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Square

jarrod said:

They really, really should've let someone from Enix take over after the merger.

Enix >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Square

Anyone but Wada and I feel it would have been okay.

SE really does seem to have gone down the shitpan though.

Square > SE

Enix > SE

They should just split again actually!