By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Gran Turismo 5 will fail to sell...

Gran Turismo 5 will fail to sell...

Best Selling Gran Turismo 939 37.95%

2nd Best Selling Gran Turismo 494 19.97%

3rd Best Selling Gran Turismo 389 15.72%

4th Best Selling Gran Turismo 116 4.69%

The Worst Selling Gran Turismo 536 21.67%

Total:2,474
Michael-5 said:
evolution_1ne said:

@ Micheal 5 uncharted 2 looks miles better than every game released this gen except a few notable ps3 exclusives, and that's the general consensus.

oh and gears 2 has horrible textures

Thats your opinion, not the general concencus. I think Killzone 2 looks noticably better then Uncharted 2, which is about on par with Gears 2. Also if you critisize the textures in Gears 2 you chould really just take another look because PS3 can't show textures as good as the 360 (one of the differences in limitations of the consoles), so no PS3 game should ever have textures (not graphics, just textures) more detailed then the top 360 games.

Although this hasnt much to do with topic. I wholeheartedly agree, Michael-5. KZ2, I felt, was leagues beyond Uncharted 2 (and I dont know why UC2 got all the praise). And yes , Gears 2 is a great looking near par game, and the textures quality from Gears 1-2 was a big jump, espeically in loading. Enslaved has pretty visuals, but definitely more in line with Gears 1 and even slower loading textures than even that.

Around the Network

Adjusted up, LOL.   

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

3.6 million in 3 weeks is pretty amazing.

PS3 Will Be King By 2016.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Damn, this thread is still going ?!?!

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Michael-5 said:

I don't think Forza Motorsport 3 has any city levels, except for New York Curcuit. However my memories of PGR4 tell me that the level of detail to the structures in GT5 is about the same. I'm not refering to the pre-rendered stuff way in the back in GT5, I'm talking about.

PGR4:

GT5:

The cars in GT5 >>> then PGR4, but the environments...hmm... Seriously GT5 dissapointed me graphically, it is no different then Forza 3. I could take images of different environments and show you how they look better in Forza as well, but the above shows enough.

Didn't know the environments in PGR4 was that good!!

Around the Network
ArcticGabe said:
Michael-5 said:

I don't think Forza Motorsport 3 has any city levels, except for New York Curcuit. However my memories of PGR4 tell me that the level of detail to the structures in GT5 is about the same. I'm not refering to the pre-rendered stuff way in the back in GT5, I'm talking about.

PGR4:

GT5:

The cars in GT5 >>> then PGR4, but the environments...hmm... Seriously GT5 dissapointed me graphically, it is no different then Forza 3. I could take images of different environments and show you how they look better in Forza as well, but the above shows enough.

Didn't know the environments in PGR4 was that good!!

and PGR4 is a 2007 game.

Going to miss that franchise, graphically the game was way ahead of it's compeditors. Detailed in car view on all 150 or so cars in the game, the level of graphics above, and pretty realistic physics, all in 2007. Actually it did this in 2005, but PGR3 only had 80 cars and 4 tracks so.... It's a shame the franchise isn't as well known.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

GT5 was adjusted down 120,000 in EMEAA.

Michael-5 said:

PGR4:

GT5:

funny because

spoiler: those are NOT from PGR4.........

goforgold said:
Michael-5 said:

PGR4:

GT5:

funny because

spoiler: those are NOT from PGR4.........

Pre-rendered backgrounds, most of the environment, especially the ones more up close don't look that way.

My initial point was GT5 graphics are nothing special, environments look the same, if not better in Forza, and even PGR competes with environmental graphics.

Look below for some PGR4 vs. real world comparisions. It will not look any different then GT5.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

He knows he's in denial and wrong yet he comes back and bite again, comparing PGR4 and GT5... I'm leaving this world forever... (or if you could, so I can stay a bit more xP)