By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Gran Turismo 5 will fail to sell...

Gran Turismo 5 will fail to sell...

Best Selling Gran Turismo 939 37.95%

2nd Best Selling Gran Turismo 494 19.97%

3rd Best Selling Gran Turismo 389 15.72%

4th Best Selling Gran Turismo 116 4.69%

The Worst Selling Gran Turismo 536 21.67%

Total:2,474
Michael-5 said:
Jay520 said:

I strongly disagree. I believe games will be more important than price. But we'll agree to disagree. I doubt the PS4 will be that expensive anyway considering there probably won't be some new multimedia being used (like Blu Ray). Either way gamers are more important than Price.

A few months back I read something, I think on VGCharts, which was a questionaire given to a substantial PS3 owning audience asking people why they bought their PS3. Price, Blu-Ray functionality, and Games were the 3 strongestest determining factors, all weighing in at about 60%, then it dropped off to smaller factors like free internet, and having browser. I'm not going to go searching for the article, so take it as you feel, but both Price and Games makes a big impact on which console to purchase.

I think for me, they are the 2 sole factors. Games determine the quality of the system, and price determines if the games are that much better, that it's worth getting.

Yeah probably back in the day when the PS3 had no games

Around the Network

I don't know why you bother Michael-5, it's rather sad people get away being so obnoxious and insulting to other users.

Between 10 m and 12 m ltd sales. GT3 sold 15 million. 1,2 and 4 all sold around 10 million. Hopefully Gran Turismo 5 sells 10 m as a minimum.

2m first week sales was a lot lower than my first week sales prediction of 4  million . A strong opening week/month goes a long way towards the sales tally. 

GT 5 will finish second, third, fourth or last. It has no chance of overtaking GT 3 sales tally of 15 m. Car racing games have more competition all thanks to Gran Turismo series and other classic car racing franchises like Need for Speed. 

GT 5 should be the second or third highest selling GT game of all time. 

slowmo said:

I don't know why you bother Michael-5, it's rather sad people get away being so obnoxious and insulting to other users.

I dislike ignorance with a passion, and I'm probably a bit bored. Beats studying for my tests..lol

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

PS3beats360 said:

Between 10 m and 12 m ltd sales. GT3 sold 15 million. 1,2 and 4 all sold around 10 million. Hopefully Gran Turismo 5 sells 10 m as a minimum.

2m first week sales was a lot lower than my first week sales prediction of 4  million . A strong opening week/month goes a long way towards the sales tally. 

GT 5 will finish second, third, fourth or last. It has no chance of overtaking GT 3 sales tally of 15 m. Car racing games have more competition all thanks to Gran Turismo series and other classic car racing franchises like Need for Speed. 

GT 5 should be the second or third highest selling GT game of all time. 

Highly disagree.  The more competition the better, more games = bigger and stronger market.  More games means market growth.  Are all the fps hurting fps sales, nope. 

bundeling and GT6 will decide if GT5 can pass GT3 or not even get close.

Around the Network

The US and Japanese sales have been pretty poor. As expected people severly over hyped the game. Itd oing well in EMEAA and itll do well overall.

But it will definitley without a doubt be the worst selling GT game of the 5.

Michael-5 said:
4k1x3r said:

I have nothing against the fact that everyone has its own opinion. But the way he's writing his ideas gives me the feel that they are the only truth on earth. And I'm not only talking about Gow3 Batman comparison, but also about UC2 being matched by an X360 game. I love the X360, I don't own one because I don't have the money/time but I'm having alot of fun with a friend of mine on Halo/L4D/COD/Fable.

So I saw them running on HDTV, I saw my PS3 games running on HDTV and there's no way you can compare UC2 to something on X360, same for GOW3. It's only common sense, I dunno maybe my friends (X360 hardcore fans but still admit that PS3 exclusives have better grahics, generally) and me should see a practician or be treated for eye disease. So it's kind of annoying seeing someone posting things like "KZ2 is the only game that stands out on PS3" and make it look like the only possible truth on Earth.

And I'm making these facts appear as the only truth on earth because it is the truth, seriously, UC2/KZ2/GOW3 are still unmatched, and I can't understand how people can still argue about that. Maybe some things are not perfect in these games, but overall they have better graphics... Or you just played one of them. Sometimes I try to understand and see if I'm not mistaken because I may have missed something, but here  for things like that, the only thing you need to do is to open your eyes, and see all these games running on an HDTV... Telling me GT5 is nothing special because Forza has better trees..., I didn't know the game was about analyzing evironment.

You critisize me for saying that my point of view is followed by a large group of people, then you say things like "it's common sence that..." Since when did this become established? I have a PS3 and a 360, and I have more PS3 owning friends ten X-Box owning friends, and most of them admit the graphical different isn't that different. PS3 and 360 dodifferent things graphically better. Killzone 2 for example looks a lot better then Gears 2, but in a still screenshot, that might not be the case. It's because Gears 2 has higher quality textures, where the Killzone 2 just has more things running on screen at once. These are just the limitations of the consoles.

Your opinion is not the truth. Just because you and your friends think one way, doesn't mean everyone else does. There are numerous reviews, and articles online that put ME2 graphics above U2, and vice versa. Please don't be so condescending, thats just uncalled for.

I never said Forza has better trees, I said it has better environments. The city levels in GT5 look terrible. When I first put in GT5, I was expecting the graphics to blow me away, but in the end, the game was not that different on a graphical level then Forza 3. Interior car detail on GT5 is better, but then Forza has over 500 cars with an in car view, not just 200, so it's give take. Your mocking me for comparing Forza to GT5 in graphics, but this whole debate is about comparing games graphically, I don't understand you.

we must not be playing the same game....... find me ONE city level in Forza that looks as good/better than Rome, Madrid, Monaco, Tokyo. 

@ Micheal 5 uncharted 2 looks miles better than every game released this gen except a few notable ps3 exclusives, and that's the general consensus.

oh and gears 2 has horrible textures

evolution_1ne said:
Michael-5 said:

You critisize me for saying that my point of view is followed by a large group of people, then you say things like "it's common sence that..." Since when did this become established? I have a PS3 and a 360, and I have more PS3 owning friends ten X-Box owning friends, and most of them admit the graphical different isn't that different. PS3 and 360 dodifferent things graphically better. Killzone 2 for example looks a lot better then Gears 2, but in a still screenshot, that might not be the case. It's because Gears 2 has higher quality textures, where the Killzone 2 just has more things running on screen at once. These are just the limitations of the consoles.

Your opinion is not the truth. Just because you and your friends think one way, doesn't mean everyone else does. There are numerous reviews, and articles online that put ME2 graphics above U2, and vice versa. Please don't be so condescending, thats just uncalled for.

I never said Forza has better trees, I said it has better environments. The city levels in GT5 look terrible. When I first put in GT5, I was expecting the graphics to blow me away, but in the end, the game was not that different on a graphical level then Forza 3. Interior car detail on GT5 is better, but then Forza has over 500 cars with an in car view, not just 200, so it's give take. Your mocking me for comparing Forza to GT5 in graphics, but this whole debate is about comparing games graphically, I don't understand you.

we must not be playing the same game....... find me ONE city level in Forza that looks as good/better than Rome, Madrid, Monaco, Tokyo. 

I don't think Forza Motorsport 3 has any city levels, except for New York Curcuit. However my memories of PGR4 tell me that the level of detail to the structures in GT5 is about the same. I'm not refering to the pre-rendered stuff way in the back in GT5, I'm talking about.

PGR4:

GT5:

The cars in GT5 >>> then PGR4, but the environments...hmm... Seriously GT5 dissapointed me graphically, it is no different then Forza 3. I could take images of different environments and show you how they look better in Forza as well, but the above shows enough.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database

evolution_1ne said:

@ Micheal 5 uncharted 2 looks miles better than every game released this gen except a few notable ps3 exclusives, and that's the general consensus.

oh and gears 2 has horrible textures

Thats your opinion, not the general concencus. I think Killzone 2 looks noticably better then Uncharted 2, which is about on par with Gears 2. Also if you critisize the textures in Gears 2 you chould really just take another look because PS3 can't show textures as good as the 360 (one of the differences in limitations of the consoles), so no PS3 game should ever have textures (not graphics, just textures) more detailed then the top 360 games.