By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Gran Turismo 5 will fail to sell...

Gran Turismo 5 will fail to sell...

Best Selling Gran Turismo 939 37.95%

2nd Best Selling Gran Turismo 494 19.97%

3rd Best Selling Gran Turismo 389 15.72%

4th Best Selling Gran Turismo 116 4.69%

The Worst Selling Gran Turismo 536 21.67%

Total:2,474
Blue3 said:
Michael-5 said:
Blue3 said:
Michael-5 said:

Sorry Blue, but it seems the general concesus of the educated members of VGChartz all think in a range of 9-11 million, where 8-12 million is also possible. According to all the evidence I've seen on this and other threads, 15 million seems just as unlikely as 6 million.

9-11 million sales on the PS3 platform is successful. It shows despite the smaller instal base, and lack of home console superiority, the game will still sell typical GT numbers. Thats an acomplishment on its own. Sure Mario Kart now has the racing game crown, but GT5 will always hold the Simulation crown.

So is it failing to sell? It will almost definatly not be the best selling GT game. However anything near 10 million is nothing to cry about.

I'm going to just stop with this thread. Just skimming though the last 10-15 pages everyone agree's 9-11 million. The bulk ofthe posts are just one or two trolls just trying to force their opinions, and others trying to talk some sence into them. :P

1 week to go.

To bad these educated members were always blind as a bat when it came to GT and still are.  A while back 2million first week was crazy and 10mLT sales were unthinkable.   Now its the norm funny how that is.  And after they see its first week and first months sales they will once agian increase their "predictions" nothign new on here.

Excpet you and all of them posted NO evidence at all.

GT already has sold 14.7m before, its never been anywhere close to 6m.   I have reality showing us GT can do such a number casue IT already HAS.  You have nothing at all.

GT3 is cold had proof of GTs sales capability, theres not a shread of proof or evidence anywhere that shows 6m only is even remotly possible. 

Reality > opinions.

Like I said, trolls trying to force their opinions.

If you have actually paid attention to most os the past threads, the bulk of people have always thought close to 10 million. Predictions haven't really changed. It's just you who are blind.

Reality > opinions

You need a reality check there buddy. GT3 sold well because of Americas bundling, GT5 will not be getting that same support. It might do as well as GT4 or GT3 in EMEAA, but that will only support the general view of 9-11 worldwide sales.

Also aren't GT5P and GT PSP sub 6 million? Anything is possible.. 6 million is just as ludicrous as 15 million, and I think the more educated people here see that.

I mean according to your logic, Super Mario Bros sold 40 million units, so why shouldn't we expect New Super Mario Bros Wii to get those figures? Metroid and Metroid Prime sold 2.73 and 2.83 million respectivly, so Metroid Prime 3 and Other M must match those figures. Final Fantasy VII sold close to 10 million, so FFXIII must match that. This is why your logic for GT5 selling as well as GT3 makes no sence, I hope you realize that.

Now stop bugging me.

Then stop replying to me with your ignorant rebuttals. 

GT5 wont be getting same support lol, and you know that how.  Ohh yahh you dont you just need your opinion as fact to back you prediction.  GT5p is a demo, if you can't comprehand that then please stop replaying to my posts.  Debating with you is like debating with a wall.  You have no ability to understad logic, but reality will teach you some soon enough. 

Stop trolling would you, its getting tiresome its obviously not hitting GT3 numbers so why bother ranting.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Michael-5 said:
Killiana1a said:

Very unique indeed. I have my predictions, I am sticking to them regardless of any spin from individuals who have anything more than a minor passing of pride invested in them becoming true. It ain't like I am losing money or parts of my brain. I can do that by myself.

2.3-2.5 million week 1 is what you have put forth and many are following. What if the numbers come in at 2.2m, 2.1m, 1.9m, or 1.5m? How will you react?

Furthermore, if my prediction is ludicrous then why do others feel the need to respond to it? If the Prologue sales were any indicator, then shouldn't worries have already been assuaged to the point where others don't feel the need to respond to my prediction? Do I sense a tad bit of doubt that if GT5 doesn't reach 10 million in 6 months time, then others will feel some sort of loss?

Personally, I could care less what anyone on this board thinks of me based on my predictions. I will low-ball games and high-ball games because I want to knowing full well the reaction and ensuing fun that it will draw from diehard fans of the particular game. Conversations like this for me are fun because I don't take it seriously, while others have so much invested in it. We don't have money or our real names attached to the forums or predictions. It is not like our employers will think less of us or punish us for not accurately predicting a game. Henceforth, it is a fun back-and-forth.

Unique indeed.

What do you predict for lifetime sales?

My vote is 9.3 million, and like you, I'm sticking to it. It's going to take more then one or two loyal fans to change my mind.

It's 4 million. He says he's sticking with that.

But is that his real prediction, or a mocking one to annoy fans? I want to know what he really thinks the game will sell.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Ginyu said:
Blue3 said:
Michael-5 said:

Like I said, trolls trying to force their opinions.

If you have actually paid attention to most os the past threads, the bulk of people have always thought close to 10 million. Predictions haven't really changed. It's just you who are blind.

Reality > opinions

You need a reality check there buddy. GT3 sold well because of Americas bundling, GT5 will not be getting that same support. It might do as well as GT4 or GT3 in EMEAA, but that will only support the general view of 9-11 worldwide sales.

Also aren't GT5P and GT PSP sub 6 million? Anything is possible.. 6 million is just as ludicrous as 15 million, and I think the more educated people here see that.

I mean according to your logic, Super Mario Bros sold 40 million units, so why shouldn't we expect New Super Mario Bros Wii to get those figures? Metroid and Metroid Prime sold 2.73 and 2.83 million respectivly, so Metroid Prime 3 and Other M must match those figures. Final Fantasy VII sold close to 10 million, so FFXIII must match that. This is why your logic for GT5 selling as well as GT3 makes no sence, I hope you realize that.

Now stop bugging me.

Then stop replying to me with your ignorant rebuttals. 

GT5 wont be getting same support lol, and you know that how.  Ohh yahh you dont you just need your opinion as fact to back you prediction.  GT5p is a demo, if you can't comprehand that then please stop replaying to my posts.  Debating with you is like debating with a wall.  You have no ability to understad logic, but reality will teach you some soon enough. 

Stop trolling would you, its getting tiresome its obviously not hitting GT3 numbers so why bother ranting.

Thank You.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

I'd say 8.5 mill

3mill by the end of the year

2.5mill next year

1 mill each year after :P

Pho_Hybrid said:

I'd say 8.5 mill

2.5mill next year

you do know GT4 cleared 4million in its 3rd week, it had a march release in Europe. 

Around the Network

Amazon.com

Amazon.fr

Amazon.co.uk

Amazon.de

Play.com

First on shopto but it doesn't have overall charts for bestsellers.

Fnac with the signature edition in the top... lol...

Buy.com

Fnac.pt

Gamestop.com

Not bad at all.

Sweet Mother of Mercy, this thread is still going on? Give it a rest already

The bundle in UK should sell well for GT5, the GT5 bundle is only £5 more than the non bundle.

Blue3 said:
Pho_Hybrid said:

I'd say 8.5 mill

2.5mill next year

you do know GT4 cleared 4million in its 3rd week, it had a march release in Europe. 

You predicted 2.2 million for Japan for GT5 right?

Vgchartz is predicting an opening of 500,000-550,000 copies.....MGS4 opened to 480,000.

GT5 opened to 670,000 copies in Japan and went on to sell 1.1 million , not even double its opening. Which means if Vgchartz is accurate with its opening then GT5 will be lucky to sell 1 million copies.

Did you know on PS1 FF outsold GT, on PS2 FF outsold GT. FF13 sold 1.86 million copies.....

How do you feel about your 2.2 million prediction?

lol someone predicted 1.1 million opening in Japan and 2.8 million lifetime, yet these people put me down for my prediction of 1 million which evidence goes to show is alot more possible than anything over 2 million.

Ginyu said:
Blue3 said:
Pho_Hybrid said:

I'd say 8.5 mill

2.5mill next year

You predicted 2.2 million for Japan for GT5 right?

Vgchartz is predicting an opening of 500,000-550,000 copies.....MGS4 opened to 480,000.

GT5 opened to 670,000 copies in Japan and went on to sell 1.1 million , not even double its opening. Which means if Vgchartz is accurate with its opening then GT5 will be lucky to sell 1 million copies.

Did you know on PS1 FF outsold GT, on PS2 FF outsold GT. FF13 sold 1.86 million copies.....

How do you feel about your 2.2 million prediction?

lol someone predicted 1.1 million opening in Japan and 2.8 million lifetime, yet these people put me down for my prediction of 1 million which evidence goes to show is alot more possible than anything over 2 million.

WTF

No GT had final sales of 1.1m, can you post factual numbers maybe so they make some damn sense. 

GT5 releases on Nov25 in Japan.