By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Official NPD Sept 2010 Thread (5 wks ending Oct 3, at 6:30 PM EST)

jarrod said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Demotruk said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Wii's sabotage is nothing compared to PS3's 2007 Industry sabotage

The industry continuously supporting PS3 with big multiplats like CoD and Assassin's Creed were what kept PS3 afloat during those times.

whoops I meant media sabotage not industry

Media and the industry press at least fundamentally changed their stance on PS3.  With Wii, they've been saying the same things since 2006... Wii's definitely had it worse from the press this gen.

Excuse me?

The media has absolutely LOVED the Wii since 2006 E3 which was when SONY bashing began

Its in the last year or two that the media has also turned against the Wii

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
matt247 said:

Sony must be the ones who won't allow NPD to post the numbers siunce the NPD needs approval the Big 3 and Sony is the only one who won't post thier numbers. They must be embarassed by their sales and Move.

I don't know if you've read the thread.

But the PS3 outsold the Wii for the Month.

Well, I don't believe NPD need all 3's permission ... I think they can post what they like regardless, but it is strange despite coming 2nd Sony didn't announce numbers, but Nintendo revealed those atrocious IMO Wii numbers!

You can find it on GAF: According to Pachter PS3 sold 312,000.

I actually just created a user name to express my disgust at the wording of the initial NPD article on this site. What a POOR AND OBVIOUS attempt by Mr. Jacob Mazel to bury Microsoft's success by completing re-arranging the article by NPD to take away its main topic. The FOCUS of the NPD release was the 360 and Halo Reach and this dude buried that info and somehow was able to feature the PS3 and PSP in the first paragraph, the consoles that had NO numbers released. Things like that doesn't help this site achieve credibility. Mr. Jacob Mazel...

JusticeforAll said:

I actually just created a user name to express my disgust at the wording of the initial NPD article on this site. What a POOR AND OBVIOUS attempt by Mr. Jacob Mazel to bury Microsoft's success by completing re-arranging the article by NPD to take away its main topic. The FOCUS of the NPD release was the 360 and Halo Reach and this dude buried that info and somehow was able to feature the PS3 and PSP in the first paragraph, the consoles that had NO numbers released. Things like that doesn't help this site achieve credibility. Mr. Jacob Mazel...

312, impressive!

JusticeforAll said:

Thanks for the update on the numbers.

So we have -

360 - 484k
PS3 - 312k
Wii - 254k

I like them numbers, a lot!

As for your other bit. We're used to that now

Around the Network

This years PS3 Vs. X360 sales, unfotunately I can't find the link atm so can't add Wii numbers

Month Month # X360 PS3 * = 5 Week Difference
Jan-10 39 333,000 277,000 56,000
Feb-10 40 422,000 360,000 82,000
Mar-10 41 339,000 314,000 * 25,000
Apr-10 42 186,000 181,000 5,000
May-10 43 194,400 154,300 40,100
Jun-10 44 451,700 304,800 * 146,900
Jul-10 45 443,500 214,500 229,000
Aug-10 46 356,700 226,000 130,700
Sep-10 47 484,000 312,000 * 172,000

312k?

So Move moved PS3 in America after all.

ps3 did really well 312k is good, move helped it move quite a bit more!!

Seece said:
JusticeforAll said:

312, impressive!

agree

lol why the hell aren't SONY saying anything about this? lol

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
Seece said:
JusticeforAll said:

312, impressive!

agree

lol why the hell aren't SONY saying anything about this? lol

Because Microsoft's numbers are higher?