By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - NPD to STOP reporting monthly hardware sales (Starting right NOW) :(

Jlmadyson said:

Guess this is my new home. No need for the GAF now right.

Welcome home!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

Ahh, loving the meltdowns at NeoGaf:

Here are some exmaples:

"Fuck you stupid NPD group. Now watch more websites using lolchartz as a reference."

"Nature abhors a vacuum. Shitty data will increase to fill the void.                                                                                          - Yep. As someone already said, they're probably having a party over at VGShortz right now."

"I thought the banned site was really bad, truth is it aint that bad at all in regard to numbers...now members is a different subject :( Instead of banning people for mentioning a site which to me is childish practice maybe GAF should hook up with them.
- It ain't gonna happen. The owner has bad blood with this forum. And without NPD numbers to correct his cheesy guesses, his numbers are going to off by more than ever now."

-I bet he's dancing right now, he can make deals with Gametrailers and whatnot to supply them with bullshit numbers since they don't have the real numbers anymore. ioi will join Pachter and the other douchebags on the Bonus Sales Round coming November!"

"All this does is make that banned site more powerfull thanks to its made up numbers. gross."

" ioi is now the sole source of "numbers" which means more publishers will probably pick up on that data for PR. This will be fun! "

"Wow, right in the nuts. The semi-informed sales discussion (and the reactions) is half the reason most of us signed up for this forum. If I wanted to hear retail impressions from people with agendas and regurgitation of ioi's bullshit, I would have stayed on IGN."

"******** >> NPD anyway" (You know which page he means ;) )

"As much as I hate Sales-Age, anything that gives the Chartz what are related to VGs more power is my enemy."
"Why isn't this shit done for free? Is Movie by Numbers official or is it a guess work site like the site with VG in its name?"

"This is only going to lead to more people trusting other sources. People will do it out of necessity and spite. If they didn't release Metroid: Other M's data this Thursday, you can bet a ton of forums and sites will head on over to the banned site with VG in it, and report what that site claims Other M sold in its first month. "

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.

wow thats sucks

God they're obsessed with us arnt' they? You know what they say about someone when they "hate" someone, or thing

We must be having a party here now? :S should we party?

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network
M.U.G.E.N said:

Sooooo cute

i guess i won't be able to rely on vgchartz american numbers any longer..arghhh

Not a 360 fanboy, just a PS3 fanboy hater that likes putting them in their place ^.^

shinyuhadouken said:

i guess i won't be able to rely on vgchartz american numbers any longer..arghhh

Hmm, they're normally within 10% before we get NPD, and lately we havn't been adjusted due to NPD (I think ..) so this is no great loss for the site.

M.U.G.E.N said:

AWWWWWW... soo cute and yet so sad.....

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.

LMAO!! VGC FTW!!!! XD