By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
kowenicki said:
DirtyP2002 said:
kowenicki said:

By the way...

Apparently 30,000 retailers will be selling kinect in the US, 7000 are planninng midnight launches.

I think we can expect some massive advertising soon.

source?

http://www.industrygamers.com/news/microsoft-spending-hundreds-of-millions-on-kinect-launch/

also:

Indeed, according to Mattrick, Kinect will easily eclipse the industry's three million unit threshold by the end of the year.

"Mattrick said Microsoft is pouring hundreds of millions of dollars into marketing and advertising campaigns for Kinect's launch," explained Juro Osawa of the WSJ.

"In the US alone, 30,000 retail locations will sell Kinect on the launch day and about 7,000 of those retailers will open at midnight."

holy cow!

30,000 retailers is quite a few. More than 3 million in less than 2 months is quite an achievement.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Around the Network

Kinect release is still one month away, so why should they spend money on expensive TV commercials already?

And don't forget that the "hundreds of millions" marketing budget is not only on commercials. For example, several weeks ago Microsoft placed a Kinect booth in the city I work at so people could try Kinect out. The booth was huge and they placed it right in the most crowded place of the town. It looked like it was quite expensive, and they are probably doing that in many german cities...

They are coming and I also know one of the music tracks they are using in the ads and I'm so excited about it.... but I can't say anything yet of course :P

The advert for Kinect Joyride is licenced from tomorrow, I don't know about the others.

I have actually seen a lot. What channels do you guys watch??? Whenever i watch football games on sunday or monday i always see at least one kinect ad. Don't worry they are starting to advertise but i dont think they are going all out yet. Remember ellen and oprah were part of the advertising

Around the Network

They play some ads on Disney Channel.

That's all I recall seeing.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Of course, in Spain(Europe). Song: El baile del gorila(Gorilla Dance) --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFanEdgI8CA   LOL

I've seen them during football games (in the US).

I have seen a couple of kinect ads along with the dj hero ones that show almost every morning

They spent all of the advertising money on Oprah and Ellen.

Kidding, kidding. Ads have already started here in the UK, so it's odd that America hasn't got any ads yet, since you get Kinect some two weeks earlier. Maybe it's because they're already overbooked for Kinect pre-orders.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective