By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - NA Pre-Orders UP!!!! (Week ending 2nd Oct 2010)

M.U.G.E.N said:
Nintendogamer said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
Nintendogamer said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
Nintendogamer said:

Donkey Kong Country Retruns, Skyward sword, Kirby's epic yarn suddenly appeared in the charts, and to think some people hoping they would bomb.  Looks like Just dance 2 moon walked past some games to make it to the top 10.

Holy OMG d00d.... who exactly 'hoped' those games would bomb?

na I imagine there's people on here that hope they will bomb. Someone thinks that Retro are wasting their talents on DKCR.

Neither of those statements really = what you said tho. Some have said as I have seen that certain members have too high hopes for these titles but I have yet to see a single poster saying they hope or they predict these games will bomb tho. It seems like it's all in your head at this point :P The only reason why I even asked the question is because I saw simillar comments from you and some other member in COMG thread also. You guys have imaginary ill wishers

Well they appear close enough, but the people who want them to bomb wouldn't actually come on here and say it.  I think you mean me and kopstudent you refering too in the COMG thread?  Just because you haven't seen a post wanting these to bomb doesn't mean there aren't any.  I don't high hopes I have mediumish hopes, I hope DKCR to do 300,000 First week in USA and kirby's epic yarn 200,000, I think these numbers aren't too ludrcrous.

Again what's up with the random accusations. If you haven't seen anyone say it or even predict it, why say it? It's like me saying hey to think people hoped x game would bomb, when there weren't any except I was 'imagining' there were some. It's just a bit silly don't you think? It seems to me like you want others to think like that so you can prove em wrong or something when in reality no one has even suggested such a thing. That's all I'm pointing out, unless you have at least some proof, you can imagine anything all you want, doesn't mean it's true and you definately can't say it as if it was fact.

Well maybe I'm paranoid and assume that things are worse than they appear, yes I admit that I was worried about DKCR not doing too good,  maybe if you repalce the word "hoped" with "worry"then you might see where I'm going with it. but still one guy does think Retro are wasting their talents on DKCR, check him out on one of the DKCR news article.  He could even appear here soon.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

Around the Network

Also stop ganging up on Nintendogamer!

hudsoniscool said:
huaxiong90 said:
Goddbless said:
huaxiong90 said:

Yeah, definitely more Wii games than usual. Glad to see Kirby, DKCR, and LoZ: SS there.

Also, lol at Gears of War 3 already being in the list. Doing pretty solid numbers already.

Gears of War may be one to watch pretty soon.

Yeah. You think it can pass 1 and 2?

i do. gears 2 will probably pass 1 in less then a year. the reason its taken so long is probably because of how glitchy the multiplayer was. anywhay gears 2 had a launch week of just under 2 million. i ecpect 3 will have about 2.2 million. and will sell 5.5m-7m

Yeah, I've always believed word of mouth on Gears of War 2's glitchy multiplayer hurt its sales.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Oh and there's people that aren't on Vgchartz who hope for these game to bomb, I could find proof but I haven't got the heart to go and research since I have betetr things to do plus it will take a while :(.  Let this matter rest it is so unnecessary.  Now how about we do some predictions for the 3 games?

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

ethomaz said:
kowenicki said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Porcupine_I said:
darthdevidem01 said:

Gran Turismo 5 Forza 3
30 1,616 / 63,500 -
29 1,816 / 65,316 -
28 1,682 / 66,998 -
27 1,387 / 68,385 -
26 202 / 68,587 -
25 1,294 / 69,881 -
24 1,278 / 71,159 -
23 1,825 / 72,984 -
22 2,007 / 74,991 -
21 833 / 75,824 -
20 3,547 / 79,371 -
19 9,587 / 88,958 -
18 7,340 / 96,298 -
17 10,092 / 106,390 -
16 8,135 / 114,525 -
15  9,098 / 123,623 -
14 7,455 / 131,078 -
13 6,478 / 137,556 -
12 6,342 / 143,898 -
11  6,596 / 150,494
-
10 7,475 / 157,969 - / 37,071
9  7,383 / 165,352 4,086 / 41,157 
8  7,557 / 172,909 5,999 / 47,156
7  8,543 / 181,452 6,788 / 53,944
6  9,698 / 191,150 7,641 / 61,585
5  10,552 / 201,720 7,913 / 69,498
4   10,853 / 80,351
3   13,691 / 94,042
2   18,364 / 112,406
1   30,974 / 143,380

GO GT5!!!!!!!!!

Are you some kind of crazy person? stop comparing GT5 
to a game it can actually be compared to!

I'm sorry dude

I forgot GT5 must be compared to Modern Warfare and Halo's....if GT5 doesn't match their first weeks it fails

sorry I'll keep that in mind!

no more silly than comparing it to Forza 3, thats like doing a pre launch comparison of killzone and halo.

What game should compare with GT5 to make a spreadsheet at launch?

You should compare it to  mega franchises like halo and COD. That's what GT is , no??

Around the Network

Fable 3 and Fallout Vegas for 360 nos. are going to be really close and really good by the looks of things.  Not sure about the 1m first week BenVtrigger mentions.   I was surprised the walk-ins for Reach were only about half the POs.  Maybe the percentages will be higher here because the scale is much smaller.  Even 1/3 of a million walk-ins could do it.  Hope I'm underestimating and they'll both be over.  Americas first week nos. were 470k for Fallout 3 and 715k for Fable 2 so 1m would show solid growth especially for Bethesda/Obsidian's baby.

fwap said:

Somebody make the official Mario VS Donkey Kong Chart!

As I can't

I shall steal the data you gave me in this thread, but don't worry, I'll make goood use of it and make a shiny chart.

Above: still the best game of the year.

fwap said:

Somebody make the official Mario VS Donkey Kong Chart!

As I can't

Best ask I LOVE GIGGS, he's the man you want for charts.

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

M.U.G.E.N said:
Nintendogamer said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
Nintendogamer said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
Nintendogamer said:

Donkey Kong Country Retruns, Skyward sword, Kirby's epic yarn suddenly appeared in the charts, and to think some people hoping they would bomb.  Looks like Just dance 2 moon walked past some games to make it to the top 10.

Holy OMG d00d.... who exactly 'hoped' those games would bomb?

na I imagine there's people on here that hope they will bomb. Someone thinks that Retro are wasting their talents on DKCR.

Neither of those statements really = what you said tho. Some have said as I have seen that certain members have too high hopes for these titles but I have yet to see a single poster saying they hope or they predict these games will bomb tho. It seems like it's all in your head at this point :P The only reason why I even asked the question is because I saw simillar comments from you and some other member in COMG thread also. You guys have imaginary ill wishers

Well they appear close enough, but the people who want them to bomb wouldn't actually come on here and say it.  I think you mean me and kopstudent you refering too in the COMG thread?  Just because you haven't seen a post wanting these to bomb doesn't mean there aren't any.  I don't high hopes I have mediumish hopes, I hope DKCR to do 300,000 First week in USA and kirby's epic yarn 200,000, I think these numbers aren't too ludrcrous.

Again what's up with the random accusations. If you haven't seen anyone say it or even predict it, why say it? It's like me saying hey to think people hoped x game would bomb, when there weren't any except I was 'imagining' there were some. It's just a bit silly don't you think? It seems to me like you want others to think like that so you can prove em wrong or something when in reality no one has even suggested such a thing. That's all I'm pointing out, unless you have at least some proof, you can imagine anything all you want, doesn't mean it's true and you definately can't say it as if it was fact.

Nail on the head.

johnglen said:

You should compare it to  mega franchises like halo and COD. That's what GT is , no??

GT is a megafranchise for its legs.So why would it's preorders be compared to games that are much more frontloaded?