By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The average man cries 6 times a year

what about tears of joy? i.e. when the lawn mower blows up and you don't have to mow the lawn anymore?

Around the Network

I have only cried once this year and that was not even a proper cry. I'll probs shed a few on halloween so that brings me to 2 this year

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

lolita said:

I'm not a guy but I probably cry that amount in less than a month. Nothing to do with being a woman though, I just get down easily. My fiance though, very rarely, less than the OP's statement. I can't remember last time he cried.

This same study says women cry 30 - 64 times a year, so...

If tearing up counts then possibly.

Proper crying though I doubt this is accurate, last time I properly cried I had split up with my gf.. about 5 years ago, I imagine I cried more than once during a period of 2-3 days but still not enough to account for 6 times a year.

*nerd brain mode* incidentally, I teared up last week when my parents were questioning me about my latest grades report (one of the subjects was aweful) though I haven't cried in years - - - i was afraid of their reaction but they ended up comforting ME :) /end brainy mode

So 6 times average? I agree with WFZ, there's gotta be some group of major cry babies offsetting the average!! quick! get 'em!!! >:(

Around the Network

Sometimes a movie, tv show or even a game can make me shed a few tears ( i remember shedding a few with Gears of War 2 for example, when Dominic finally found his girlfriend in that cellpod but she turned out to be all messed up and barely alive, and he ended up helping her out of her missery). Though it's usually the music that gets to me.

But i only ever really cry when i'm wasted and get depressed, i always do stupid things when i'm drunk. So i think 6 times is reasonable as a average.

The Buddha Maitreya cries for all makind every night, for they are going to burn in hell when they die...

Until their bad karma is spent.

lolita said:

I'm not a guy but I probably cry that amount in less than a month. Nothing to do with being a woman though, I just get down easily. My fiance though, very rarely, less than the OP's statement. I can't remember last time he cried.

Last time I cried was maybe 2-4 years ago; last I cried in someone's presence, was 11 years ago (I was 12). It's a masculine thing... maybe I'm more hardcore than most (don't know your bf), but we definitely make the effort to hide this from others. Would be hard to accurately judge for another, I think (... though I've never had a gf)

c0rd said:

Last time I cried was maybe 2-4 years ago; last I cried in someone's presence, was 11 years ago (I was 12). It's a masculine thing... maybe I'm more hardcore than most (don't know your bf), but we definitely make the effort to hide this from others. Would be hard to accurately judge for another, I think (... though I've never had a gf)

Well no he's not the type to hide it, he's just a really happy person in general. Believe me, if he would cry, I would see it. For example, he cried at the end of FFX in front of me - he is definitely not hiding it, lol.

@ Gilgamesh: Yeah maybe women cry more often but what I meant is that in my case I'm often depressed, usually caused by social phobia. Otherwise I wouldn't cry so often.

NYANKS said:

The last time I cried is when someone beat Chuck Norris...

That never happened...  lol

MY ZELDA COLLECTION