By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Killzone 3 sales predictions

however in my opinion for a great game like this, if Black Ops sells over 8 million, killzone 3 should sale 12 million based on quality

Around the Network

3 million with a 500k opening

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

I remember saying 6mil (i think) eariler in this thread. thats what i hope it will do - not really a prediction. but i'll go with it as my prediction to keep things optimistic!!

Going off the UK numbers i think it will be interesting to see how KZ3 does longterm. KZ2 had the 5th fastest selling opening week for a Sony published game this gen here. KZ3 is just 14th. It will be way down on its predecessor here at least. GFK say it did roughly the same as LBP2. The game has already been discounted in some stores with tesco now selling it at just £27. Almost half price. Considering it was released only like 4 days ago that isn't a good sign. The same thing happened with Dead Space 2 and LBP2.

So based on the early data i'd guess it will sell on par with the first one. So around 2.5m-3m.

So far, we have around 350,000 Online players who played the game. So

FW: 500,000-600,000

Lifetime 2.5-3.0 Million in par with KZ2

Really dissappoing numbers for a Sony Flagship. The game is awesome, but sales are not.

Around the Network

I remember months ago I was irritated when I saw the few additions GG was making to KZ3's multiplayer/gameplay. Not nearly as much for my sake as for the sake of KZ3's sales. If they want to sell their game, they need to load their multiplayer with massive amounts of content. I thought they would've learned that by now. FPS's sell bc of their multiplayer primarily. KZ's multiplayer is really well done, but the amount of modes - including coop - are lacking.

The second thing GG would be wise to do imo would be do cut back on the violence and swearing in the next one. Shooting ppl? Okay, yeah that's in every game and ppl have become desensitized to it. But, stabbing someone in the eye with a knife, putting your fingers through someone's eyes, etc., is just not gonna fly with many ppl. Some ppl like it I know; but, you can live without it, can't you? On the opposite end, if that stuff is in there, there will be many potential KZ fans (namely kids and adolescents) out there that will never have a chance to play it bc of the over-the-top violence. Even I, as a 24 y/o guy, am turned off by the excessive violence. And I've talked to several other ppl my age who play every fps out there, yet also dislike the excessive violence in KZ3.

One reason Halo sells so well is bc of the amount of multiplayer content but also I think bc it keeps the violence and language to a minimum. So, it keeps the door open to all age groups, thus bringing in all the more sales. GG is alienating kids, adolescents, and, well...all the other people out there who want to play a fps and melee without gouging someone's eyes out with their fingers.

I just want to see Sony's first-party games succeed and sell like hot cakes; but I think GG needs to re-think their strategy if they want to grow their fan base and increase sales next time around.

3.69m

I play PC and PS3. The best of both worlds.

3.5 million maximum.  Probably closer to 3.

The midnight launch and first week sales for it were decent but not large by any means in comparison to other games at my stores.  It deserves more though because it is an excellent game.

pitzy272 said:

I remember months ago I was irritated when I saw the few additions GG was making to KZ3's multiplayer/gameplay. Not nearly as much for my sake as for the sake of KZ3's sales. If they want to sell their game, they need to load their multiplayer with massive amounts of content. I thought they would've learned that by now. FPS's sell bc of their multiplayer primarily. KZ's multiplayer is really well done, but the amount of modes - including coop - are lacking.

The second thing GG would be wise to do imo would be do cut back on the violence and swearing in the next one. Shooting ppl? Okay, yeah that's in every game and ppl have become desensitized to it. But, stabbing someone in the eye with a knife, putting your fingers through someone's eyes, etc., is just not gonna fly with many ppl. Some ppl like it I know; but, you can live without it, can't you? On the opposite end, if that stuff is in there, there will be many potential KZ fans (namely kids and adolescents) out there that will never have a chance to play it bc of the over-the-top violence. Even I, as a 24 y/o guy, am turned off by the excessive violence. And I've talked to several other ppl my age who play every fps out there, yet also dislike the excessive violence in KZ3.

One reason Halo sells so well is bc of the amount of multiplayer content but also I think bc it keeps the violence and language to a minimum. So, it keeps the door open to all age groups, thus bringing in all the more sales. GG is alienating kids, adolescents, and, well...all the other people out there who want to play a fps and melee without gouging someone's eyes out with their fingers.

I just want to see Sony's first-party games succeed and sell like hot cakes; but I think GG needs to re-think their strategy if they want to grow their fan base and increase sales next time around.

This was an excellent post and I think I litteraly agree with every single thing you said.  Very good job on the analysis and especially on your comparison with Halo.

The high level of violence and swearing def does impact slaes to younger gamers, and the lack of modes and options may turn people off looking for a deeper experience.  What Killzone does do in multiplayer it does VERY well, but its also very limited and in the next iteration needs to be expanded on quite a bit if it wants to compete with other big name shooters.

2.7 million, which would be a real shame.