By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Killzone 3 sales predictions

I'd say 3.5 million lifetime.

Around the Network
hudsoniscool said:
ocean-1984 said:

4 million.

K3 will have Uncharted2 impact.

theres no way it has the same impact as un2. uncharted was a good singleplayer game, uncharted 2 had a great single player and it also had a very fun multiplayer. unless killzone 3 gets a metacritic of 96 it wont have the same impact.

A game doesn't need a higher meta to outdo its predecessors in sales. Take GOW3 for example. 

hudsoniscool said:
ocean-1984 said:

4 million.

K3 will have Uncharted2 impact.

theres no way it has the same impact as un2. uncharted was a good singleplayer game, uncharted 2 had a great single player and it also had a very fun multiplayer. unless killzone 3 gets a metacritic of 96 it wont have the same impact.

IMO Killzone 2 had good singleplayer and ok multi.

K3 single looks great so far and there is very positive feedback from multi beta so i really think it can have U2 impact.
Killzone 2 is 91 on metacritic and Uncharted 88.

Naughtydog did great job with sequel and GG can do it to.

SONY have Great Sequel Syndrome so all arguments are invalid

Any one know how many copies the first Killzone for PS2 sold Worldwide? Vgchartz did not track the EMAA sales, only the americas :(

paulrage2 said:

Any one know how many copies the first Killzone for PS2 sold Worldwide? Vgchartz did not track the EMAA sales, only the americas :(

Assuming it sold similar in EMEAA as it did in US. I would assume around 1.4m.

Around the Network
Jay520 said:
paulrage2 said:

Assuming it sold similar in EMEAA as it did in US. I would assume around 1.4m.

Thanks man! I believe to. More than 1 million for shure o/

General consensus seems to be the 4-5 mil region. i think for PS3 this could be the big one! so.. 6.5, maybe even 7mil.

I don't know if i am too late, but 3.5 million

I say 4.0 million, U2 got so many GoTY's from magazines, it's considered on of the best PS3 games it barely got 4.5 million.

I don't think Killzone 3 will get such media attention from magazines like U2. Maybe it will get a lot media attention, but unless it's the best FPS ever created, it won't get hyped as U2. The FPS market is so saturated, you need to do an outstanding FPS to achieve the attention.

On the other hand, Killzone 3 seems to BE outstanding, so we'll see.

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.

4 million lifetime if it has a good launch and americas preorders start to pick up