By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Killzone 3 sales predictions

Id say anywhere from 3 to 3.5 million

Around the Network

wow i cant believe some people think it will do more then 1 million first week in america. look at the pre order chart. you should be able to guess that it will top out at about 250k preorders in america and sell like 400k first week. killzone 2 did just a little better in america then emeaa so expect emeaa to also be about 400k. why do people predict more then 1 million for america alone when it wont do that world wide.

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

hudsoniscool said:

why do people predict more then 1 million for america alone when it wont do that world wide.

Who predicted 1mil FW for AMerica

Jay520 said:
hudsoniscool said:

why do people predict more then 1 million for america alone when it wont do that world wide.

lol okay only 2 people said it but i get the feeling the people who predicted that KZ3 sells more than 4 million copies think it will sell more than 1.5 million WW. while im certinly not saying it couldnt sell 4 million copies there aint no chance of 1.5 milion WW first week. best case sinerio is around 1.2 million. i personly wouldnt be surprised if it only does 600k first week and sells less than 2 million.

someone should do one of these for gears 3. but since gears 1n2's sales are so consistant it would probably be very boring.

I'm guessing 5.5 million lifetime around there 

Around the Network
hudsoniscool said:
Jay520 said:
hudsoniscool said:

lol okay only 2 people said it but i get the feeling the people who predicted that KZ3 sells more than 4 million copies think it will sell more than 1.5 million WW. while im certinly not saying it couldnt sell 4 million copies there aint no chance of 1.5 milion WW first week. best case sinerio is around 1.2 million. i personly wouldnt be surprised if it only does 600k first week and sells less than 2 million.

someone should do one of these for gears 3. but since gears 1n2's sales are so consistant it would probably be very boring.

I think those people are being too optimistic about the FW sales. I think it'll do similar to KZ2 in terms of FW sales. I think it'll have some good weeks after that though (like RDR).  

I'm assuming that word of mouth will help it out a lot along with some good advertising from sony.

I'm pretty sure it'll outsell KZ2 though.  It should do 3.5mil easy IMO.

4 million.

K3 will have Uncharted2 impact.

I haven't predicted yet, so it's about time:

LT: 3.6m

2012 - Top 3 [so far]

#1                                       #2                                      #3

People seem to forget that Killzone 3 will have to do better than killzone 2 by a margin, first of all, killzone 2 came after killzone 1, which isn't half as known as killzone 2, so people didn't even know that much about this IP. Second of all, very weak marketing from Sony, resulting in more unawareness. 

Third, there is the move compatibility and 3D additions which will help the sales. Fourth I am expecting Sony to bundle killzone 3 a bit like UC 2.

The split screen will play a part as well. Not to mention all of this coupling with double the install base.

ocean-1984 said:

4 million.

K3 will have Uncharted2 impact.

theres no way it has the same impact as un2. uncharted was a good singleplayer game, uncharted 2 had a great single player and it also had a very fun multiplayer. unless killzone 3 gets a metacritic of 96 it wont have the same impact.