By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - I Believe PS3 Will Be #1 Selling Console In 2011 What Do You Believe In?

It will.

Said this. Valkyria Chronicles 3 is PSP not PS3.

Around the Network

I think IF ps3 gets a $100 cut next year it will definitly be the best selling year for ps3 along with a vast ammount of exclusive for the system.

It will be its "peaked" year we could be looking @ 2009 but even bigger sales for PS3 all over again.

If it drops to $199 next year, it's possible. 

I think the ps3 will have its strongest year when it drops to $199.  If it happens next year, on the back of that software lineup, it should do very well.  Assuming the Wii either stagnates or continues its downward decline, and the impact of Kinect has worn thin by that time, then it's possible.

Possible.

IMO, I think Sony will drop the PS3 to $249 in 2011 and $199 in 2012. 

I don't know, It'll be close.

BHR's prophecy is true.

PS3 will sell over 14 million units in 2011, more than any of the other two consoles. It will be close though, Wii will sell 14 million and the X360 almost 12 million.

Around the Network

It has a shot. If the Wii sells like it is now in Q1 - Q3 of 2011 then I think PS3 may be the best selling console. But that would depend on the Kinect effect. Although I don't see Sony cutting price to 199.99, 249.99 seems more likely.

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E

ps3 is coming

ps3 is coming

ps3 is cumming ZOMG

Jay520 said:

What makes you think that?

Sony only just recently started making a few dollars profit on each PS3 sold. Why would they want go back to losing money on each PS3 sold just to outsell the competition? They are making a profit for the first time since the PS3 was relreased so they have a lot of unprofitable time to make up for. Maybe, and this is a big mayby, by 2012 the PS3 will be cheap enough to manufacture that Sony can sell it for $249 USD. But they won't be at that next year or at $199 the year after that. I doubt they can knock a $100 USD of of production costs in just two years without a major redesign and that's not going to happen. They might reduce the internal parts a little, but we aren't going to get a PS3 Slim Mark II, that I can assure you.

kain_kusanagi said:
Jay520 said:

What makes you think that?

Sony only just recently started making a few dollars profit on each PS3 sold. Why would they want go back to losing money on each PS3 sold just to outsell the competition? They are making a profit for the first time since the PS3 was relreased so they have a lot of unprofitable time to make up for. Maybe, and this is a big mayby, by 2012 the PS3 will be cheap enough to manufacture that Sony can sell it for $249 USD. But they won't be at that next year or at $199 the year after that. I doubt they can knock a $100 USD of of production costs in just two years without a major redesign and that's not going to happen. They might reduce the internal parts a little, but we aren't going to get a PS3 Slim Mark II, that I can assure you.

They made a profit on the $299 PS3 back in APR 2010 . I think they can afford to break even on a $249 PS3 by  Fall 2011. That gives them about 18 months to cut their prices by $50. I don't know the specifics of the costs of hardware, but I think they can make that cut. Besides, I can't see the PS3 entering 2012 at $299.

Wow, I seriously doubt it, but anything can happen.. If it is it won't be a large enough lead to matter, both Sony and MS have pretty much hinted 2012-13 is the beginning of the next Gen cycle and this would be nearing ten years.. Sony is rumored to make sure they get their console out alittle before MS does their console.. PS2 was out 1.5 yrs before its only competition the Gamecube, which lacked developer support and had no DVD player, and it wa sunknown at the time a new player (MS) would be entering the console market ( nearly 2 yrs after the PS2 launched ) in which they came in with superior hardware and solid developer support and made enough of an impact to ready the pavement for XB 360... Headstarts seem to help in most cases if the hardware is solid and if the price is right for the avg gamer.. I think Sony will be more careful next time to release a console closer in price to its competition..when you're competing against Two other console makers and not One, I think its trickier then when it was just Nintendo which never seems to rely on CPU/GPU intensive hardware..