By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - I Believe PS3 Will Be #1 Selling Console In 2011 What Do You Believe In?

Monges79 said:

I'm so tired of posts like this. It's the same crap over and over. "My console will sell the best! - No, mine will!" Who gives a shit at this point? All three have done great this gen, if it ended today. Honestly, can't we find something better to talk about?

We're on a website that at its core is about sales.

We can talk about sales as much as we want.

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
Monges79 said:

I'm so tired of posts like this. It's the same crap over and over. "My console will sell the best! - No, mine will!" Who gives a shit at this point? All three have done great this gen, if it ended today. Honestly, can't we find something better to talk about?

We're on a website that at its core is about sales.

We can talk about sales as much as we want.

That's what people need to understand. This is a website about sales, not to mention that this is in the Sales Discussion section of the forum, so Monges if you're tired of this get out of this section, or of the website.

Beww sales bewww...

padib said:

"We can talk about sales as much as we want."

Yeah, for sure. I was just making fun of the thread's title. A little odd if you ask me :)

If the PS3 is to be the best-selling console this year, it'll boil down to christmastime. The reason is that, worldwide, the consoles are at a tie in sales during regular season. The reason the Wii is so steady I think is because it's become a staple product, women buy it to work out, and kids play it for fun, and some adults play its more artistic-styled core games or just casual games. Just Dance and Resort never seem to get old, so they just keep selling. But I really don't see the PS3 selling loads of units at christmastime, it's just not been their season in the last few years. Then again it's "surprise year" for the PS3 as they're pumping out the exclusives, and are gaining interest with the lower price and new games, plus the move. Not to mention the excellent PR this year, they're litterally on fire (j/k). Also, with the PS3 software sales so low in America (not even in the top 10 for the week of Apr 2nd, well except 1 game and it's Tiger Woods), it looks like a lot of people might be buying it as a "Just in Case" gaming system, but using it mostly as a blu-ray/netflix player. Either that, or they're renting games or buying them second hand.

But yeah, it'll be really close this year for all 3 consoles, but ultimately I think the Wii will take the crown one last time before it fades away. I expect a Wii price cut in time for the season, and Zelda will push a few more consoles out for some kids/teens not yet convinced they want a Wii. The rest of the Wii's market will continue at the same trend. 

Carl wasn't talking to you... o_O

I hope so. For Japan's sake.

I believe to get anyone to pay attention for any length of time to what someone thinks sales numbers turn out, they have to change their last name to "Pachter".  It seems that name guarantees a thread at least 10 pages long.  Not saying you need to be more accurate than Pachter, or even as accurate, because that should be pretty easy.

Around the Network

Bumping because this prediction is looking very very likely. PS3 will have outshipped Wii by at least 800k in quarter 1 and Nintendo only intend to sell 13 million this fiscal year. Sony have stated that they expect more YOY growth this year so their target is probably over 16 million.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

axumblade said:

Softwarewise, it looks like it's well above the other two. But I'm still not convinced the PS3 will outsell the others consolewise. I know it's cliche, but the PS3 needs a price cut. ;)

It got one like 5-6 weeks ago didn't it?

Interesting thread.. I forgot about this.

As of the end of October....

Console Wii PS3 X360
Total 6,786,423 8,753,673 7,241,148

So far he is right.

Questions are:

Will Wii greatly outdo others over holiday like previous years? Probably not.
Will X360 outdo PS3 be a lot? Also probably not as I think they will be about the same.

It may just be pretty darn close depending on bundles and various sales.

even if something very strange happens and BHR is not right... congrats on the prediction! you better than patcher!

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

axumblade said:
Andrespetmonkey said:
axumblade said:

Softwarewise, it looks like it's well above the other two. But I'm still not convinced the PS3 will outsell the others consolewise. I know it's cliche, but the PS3 needs a price cut. ;)

It got one like 5-6 weeks ago didn't it?

Check the date I posted that comment. ;)

Ooooh! haha, I guess you were right then.