By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - I Believe PS3 Will Be #1 Selling Console In 2011 What Do You Believe In?

If the Wii sales for the rest of the year would be as in the first three month it is possible that the ps3 will be the best selling console in 2011.

But this scenerio is unlikely. The wii had this sales almost without any big games (but anyhow the Wii sales ware nearly as high as the PS3 sales), but for the rest of the year there will be many big Wii games in the (Zelda, Xenoblade, probably The Last Story, Pandoras Tower, Pikmin3 and other new games).

Around the Network
z101 said:

If the Wii sales for the rest of the year would be as in the first three month it is possible that the ps3 will be the best selling console in 2011.

But this scenerio is unlikely. The wii had this sales almost without any big games (but anyhow the Wii sales ware nearly as high as the PS3 sales), but for the rest of the year there will be many big Wii games in the (Zelda, Xenoblade, probably The Last Story, Pandoras Tower, Pikmin3 and other new games).

Half of your list will strugle to get to 500k unless some kind of JRPG selling miracle happens.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

The Wii will take it, no doubt in my mind. It's amazing it's selling at all with the current software drought. Once Zelda and the holiday season hit, the Wii should regain the #1 spot in 2011 and then some.

I believe I dislike you already because of your avatar. 

PS3 will definitely be the best home console seller of '11, exluding Xbox360 and the Wii. You can bet on it.

Around the Network
Demotruk said:

Congrats to PS3 on having a larger share of a rapidly diminishing pie.

don't you mean an ever expanding pie? (Think about...)

cura said:
Demotruk said:

Congrats to PS3 on having a larger share of a rapidly diminishing pie.

don't you mean an ever expanding pie? (Think about...)

no, he's talking about testicular pie in a cold shower.   shrinkage ftl.

Its picking up steam slowly as it did when the slim version was released with the price-cut in September 2009. Now another price-cut much closer to 200$ will bring a high value for price with all packages(blue-ray/online/library/exclusives). Many had wrongly anticipitated a price-cut and was looking forward to buy the better console. As a result, its competitors saw larger sales during holiday season and PS3 never the least, with the same price. A price-cut is crucial for the PS3 to break even further from now on and have the farthest advantage over any other higher priced next gen consoles, if they were to be released in two years time.

Interesting. If a price cut occurs; yes. Otherwise the holiays will see Wii & 360 surpass slightly. Of course there will be adjustments as always for PS3 up after as VG Chartz can't track EMEAA well

PSN: Saugeen-Uwo     Feel free to add me (put Vg Chartz as MSG)!

Nintendo Network ID: Saugeen-Uwo

I'm so tired of posts like this. It's the same crap over and over. "My console will sell the best! - No, mine will!" Who gives a shit at this point? All three have done great this gen, if it ended today. Honestly, can't we find something better to talk about?