By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - *PS3 Dead In America?*

Doobie_wop said:

I'm getting sick of people saying that the Wii didn't have any big releases this year, it's had heaps of titles released for it, the fact that they don't sell is the fault of the console and not the fault of it's competitors. 

No More Heroes 2

Tatsunoko VS Capcom: Ultimate All-stars

Super Mario Galaxy 2

Red Steel 2

Metroid: Other M

Sin & Punishment 2

Endless Ocean: Blue World

Monster Hunter Tri

Trauma Team

It's gotten all these games and more. All of them have been well reviewed and they all released in 2010 alongside heaps of third party Wii titles.

The same thing could be said for the 360, but 360 fas aren't throwing around the 'no games' excuse, so I'll excuse them from my annoying lists.

The PS3 is doing fine in America, it was being outsold by a few thousand by the 360 just before it's slim release and it's currently outselling the Wii. Once Sony cuts the price or whatever, then maybe it'll jump, but I'd bet that the Americas is 360 territory for the rest of the year. 

Ha ha, yeah none of the sold any systems besides for S.M.G.2 and maybe Metroid Other M.

Also 360 fans are not saying anything because of the Slim and Reach but the 360 hasn't had much either which is why PS3 may be in trouble in America because Wii and 360 had next to nothing this year and Move isn't having much effect at all. If 360 Slim didn't happen it would have still been outselling PS3 weekly like Wii.

Also Wii will regain #1 so America isn't 360 land for the rest of 2010.

Around the Network
*Sound Of Rain said:

PS3 has been having its best year ever in 2010 with Japan and Others...but what about America?

I have been thinking and the PS3 has had the most 1st Party games released this year so far and has still been outsold in America all year long by the Wii and 360. The Wii hasn't had many major exclusives this year and S.M.G.2 was its biggest game so far in 2010 and that was back in May. The 360 some will argue that its because of the Slim effect and now Halo Reach which is untrue. The 360 was outselling the PS3 in America before the Slim 360 even was announced. PS3 just released Move last charting week and the Wii still outsold it and this past charting week the PS3 won by only about 6K.

In the final 3 months of the year the PS3 only has Move and G.T.5 to count on as big exclusive games. Move isn't doing much in America(Though in Others its having some effect) and I don't expect it to pick up much throughout this year. This leaves G.T.5 which won't be as big as Kinect, Wii Party, or Donkey Kong Country Returns in America. Overall PS3 is doing very well in Japan and Others but I.M.O it has lost America and won't be able to get it back until a Price Cut happens.

What do you think? (I am stating my concern over the PS3 in America and had no intention of offending people or the PS3 while making this thread.)

In America, we like us some xbox three sixtah.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

*Sound Of Rain said:
Doobie_wop said:

I'm getting sick of people saying that the Wii didn't have any big releases this year, it's had heaps of titles released for it, the fact that they don't sell is the fault of the console and not the fault of it's competitors. 

No More Heroes 2

Super Mario Galaxy 2

Red Steel 2

Sin & Punishment 2

Monster Hunter Tri

Trauma Team

It's gotten all these games and more. All of them have been well reviewed and they all released in 2010 alongside heaps of third party Wii titles.

The same thing could be said for the 360, but 360 fas aren't throwing around the 'no games' excuse, so I'll excuse them from my annoying lists.

The PS3 is doing fine in America, it was being outsold by a few thousand by the 360 just before it's slim release and it's currently outselling the Wii. Once Sony cuts the price or whatever, then maybe it'll jump, but I'd bet that the Americas is 360 territory for the rest of the year. 

Ha ha, yeah none of the sold any systems besides for S.M.G.2 and maybe Metroid Other M.

Also 360 fans are not saying anything because of the Slim and Reach but the 360 hasn't had much either which is why PS3 may be in trouble in America because Wii and 360 had next to nothing this year and Move isn't having much effect at all. If 360 Slim didn't happen it would have still been outselling PS3 weekly like Wii.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

360 had Mass effect2,Conviction,Alan wake,reach,crackdown 2 soon fable3.

PS3 had MAG,WKC,HR,GOW3,Mod nation,yakuza and soon GT5.

360 have more established franchise  released than ps3 this year(ME2,Splintercell,Reach,fable).

while PS3 established franchises release(GOW3 and GT5) rest are NEW IP's or Niche titles.

IF 360 slim didn't happen they would be selling like 10k-20k more than ps3 weekly like it was doing before,GTFO with those excuses seriously.

Ping_ii said:

IF 360 slim didn't happen they would be selling like 10k-20k more than ps3 weekly like it was doing before,GTFO with those excuses seriously.

IF PS3 slim didn't happen, it'd be on the verge of death, like it was before.

The HD alliance better pray we don't see a Wii revision...

Ping_ii said:
*Sound Of Rain said:
Doobie_wop said:

No More Heroes 2

Super Mario Galaxy 2

Red Steel 2

Sin & Punishment 2

Monster Hunter Tri

Trauma Team

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

360 have more established franchise  released than ps3 this year(ME2,Splintercell,Reach,fable).

while PS3 established franchises release(GOW3 and GT5) rest are NEW IP's or Niche titles.

Mass Effect 2 and Alan Wake...besides that nothing because I was talking about sales of 360 if it didn't have Slim which was the summer so Reach doesn't count yet.

You can think what you want but PS3 will get crushed in America this Holiday by 360 and Wii. Also before you say I just don't like PS3 thats not true at all since I have a PS3...I like Wii>PS3>360. 

Around the Network
*Sound Of Rain said:
Ping_ii said:
*Sound Of Rain said:
Doobie_wop said:

No More Heroes 2

Super Mario Galaxy 2

Red Steel 2

Sin & Punishment 2

Monster Hunter Tri

Trauma Team

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

Mass Effect 2 and Alan Wake...besides that nothing because I was talking about sales of 360 if it didn't have Slim which was the summer so Reach doesn't count yet.

You can think what you want but PS3 will get crushed in America this Holiday by 360 and Wii. Also before you say I just don't like PS3 thats not true at all since I have a PS3...I like Wii>PS3>360. 

So what if ps3 gets outsold this holidays by 360 in AMERICA? how does that make it dead? it has 15m installbase.

look @ 360 in JAPAN headstart, timed exclusive JRPG ,redesign still only has 1m installbase and back at selling like crap weekly, it didn't even manage to beat ps3 in its 360 slim launch and will get trashed there come this holiday.

Do you see ppl calling it dead in JAPAN?

Ping_ii said:
*Sound Of Rain said:
Ping_ii said:
*Sound Of Rain said:
Doobie_wop said:

No More Heroes 2

Super Mario Galaxy 2

Red Steel 2

Sin & Punishment 2

Monster Hunter Tri

Trauma Team

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

So what if ps3 gets outsold this holidays by 360 in AMERICA? how does that make it dead? it has 15m installbase.

look @ 360 in JAPAN headstart, timed exclusive JRPG ,redesign still only has 1m installbase and back at selling like crap weekly, it didn't even manage to beat ps3 in its 360 slim launch and will get trashed there come this holiday.

360 is dead in Japan Lol...Anyway by "Dead" I meant #3 almost every week in America the rest of this Gen.

IT's not dead in America,it's just not selling as well as the competion.

jarrod said:

Ping_ii said:

IF PS3 slim didn't happen, it'd be on the verge of death, like it was before.

The HD alliance better pray we don't see a Wii revision...

a death that has been said over and over again and still hasn't happened..........

kowenicki said:
Ping_ii said:
*Sound Of Rain said:
Ping_ii said:
*Sound Of Rain said:
Doobie_wop said:

No More Heroes 2

Super Mario Galaxy 2

Red Steel 2

Sin & Punishment 2

Monster Hunter Tri

Trauma Team

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

yes

And Japan is nowhere near the size of the US home console market, also it has a clear bias that cant be denied.  There is no other explanation for the disparity of the Japanese market to the rest of the globe.

Japanese are bias? thats the excuse.............