By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - *PS3 Dead In America?*

theonewhoisme said:
Uberkiffer said:
rf40928 said:

I dont think the PS3 is dead by far, but I do beleive it will finish in 3rd place.. Xbox Live is honestly a better service then PSN.  Yes PSN is free, but thats why some people use matches and others pay for a lighter

I really like that analagy :)

only matches cost too, and unlike lighters xbl isn't any better then psn

Simply off the top of my head, I would say that first day online users of COD MW2 would disagree as they couldn't even play it over PSN due to server issues. I would also say that diehard fans of GTA IV would disagree as they could not download expansions over PSN when they first came out.  Considering that COD MW2 and GTA IV are 2 of the best selling games on PS3 period, well.. maybe that extra scratch us XBL users pay gives us a few advantages well worth the minimal extra costs -_-

Around the Network
Uberkiffer said:
theonewhoisme said:
Uberkiffer said:
rf40928 said:

I dont think the PS3 is dead by far, but I do beleive it will finish in 3rd place.. Xbox Live is honestly a better service then PSN.  Yes PSN is free, but thats why some people use matches and others pay for a lighter

Simply off the top of my head, I would say that first day online users of COD MW2 would disagree as they couldn't even play it over PSN due to server issues. I would also say that diehard fans of GTA IV would disagree as they could not download expansions over PSN when they first came out.  Considering that COD MW2 and GTA IV are 2 of the best selling games on PS3 period, well.. maybe that extra scratch us XBL users pay gives us a few advantages well worth the minimal extra costs -_-

expansion pack has nothing to do with live or psn, and as for the server issues don't act like MS has never had any server issues

theonewhoisme said:
Uberkiffer said:
theonewhoisme said:
Uberkiffer said:
rf40928 said:

expansion pack has nothing to do with live or psn, and as for the server issues don't act like MS has never had any server issues

IMO a timed exclusive expansion pack that is available over XBL but not PSN certaintly has something to do with Live or PSN; namely that due to the profits that MS sees from XBL they are able to afford to get timed exclusives.  Also, I have been an XBL member since 2005 and during that time I have easily sank in over 5000 hours online and have only ever had one "outage" issue, which was very brief and rewarded with a free DLC of Undertow. I get what I pay for, a very consistent service with excellent games and perks beyond any other console network.

evolution_1ne said:
theonewhoisme said:
Uberkiffer said:
rf40928 said:

QFT!!!!!!! 

and the difference is all in thier heads, because at the end of the day both the lighter and the match does the same job.

that's a f**king beautiful analogy if you ask me lmao

LMAO!! so much truth in a single post I can't belive it.

Thank god for analogy!

I always say, just follow trends, don't I? PS3 is closly following PSP sales trends, it's over the hill. PSP peaked in it's first 4 years, and PS3 is looking to do the same. Expect PS3 sales to be under 3 million in 2011 in Americas, and under 2 million in 2012, in Americas. Luckily, PS3 has dominance in EMEAA and Japan, so it's going to be a close console war to the bitter end.

Note: PSP sales are about the same as PS3 sales in Americas. The only difference in sales is PSP sold really well in Japan, but only modestly well in EMEAA where PS3 is the oposite way around.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Around the Network

ay "a coffee" when asking for one cup of coffee.You can use 'the' to make general women's cocktail dresses