By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - The Semi Official VGChartz Minecraft Thread

Hopefully he sticks around, as well as Trunks. I'd really enjoy us having more people around.

On that note, my bridge is fully built and operable. I'm going to be installing a minecart track for it. Don't think it's going to connect to the other lines, but the station will be close enough to the other lines' stations that it won't be that big a deal to transfer oneself.

The end of the bridge at Spawn Island majorly needs redesigned. It's set up the way it is right now because it had space constraints, but I think it looks stupid like it is so it's going to change. I'll be entirely reworking that entire piece of land when I get home tonight.

It's good to be back into this. =)

SW-5120-1900-6153

Around the Network

Upgrades made, minecart transit line operational. The transit hubs at spawn and their respective lines look gorgeous at night from high in the sky. It's really cool. I'll screenshot it tomorrow. =)

SW-5120-1900-6153

Oh, and now all of my minecart lines are fully operational with modern boosters (previously, they relied partially on classic boosters still). I'm still leaving all of my original boosters laid out essentially for laziness' sake but also as relics to a past time.

By what I've seen of the Pumpkin Subway so far, it's entirely un-upgraded as of yet. It wouldn't take much to upgrade it, though.

In other news, glowstone is DRASTICALLY easier to come by nowadays. For one, each block drops 3 or 4 glowstone dusts now. And for two, it now takes a 2x2 crafting block to create glowstone blocks instead of the classic 3x3.

SW-5120-1900-6153

As my final post of the night, before I go to bed, I've uploaded a variety of screenshots from our server to the VGC page for Minecraft. Admittedly, most of what I screenshotted is stuff that I built, but that's mostly because I was trying to show off Minecraft and our server, and you all know how everything I build is to be show-offy. :-p

SW-5120-1900-6153

some pics for y'all:

Jammin's "telescope":

Two shots of the Spawn Island transit center at night:

SW-5120-1900-6153

Around the Network

A sneek peek at my latest project.

Wii FC: 6440 8298 7583 0720   XBOX GT: WICK1978               PSN: its_the_wick   3DS: 1676-3747-7846                                          Nintendo Network: its-the-wick

Systems I've owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, GBColor, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBAdvance, DSlite, PSP, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PSVita, PS4, 3DS XL, Wii U

The best quote I've seen this year:

Angelus said: I'm a moron

new map link
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/25741521/06.05.2011.png

and a new copy of the server if anyone can render a low res map (its silly all i can do is high res)
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/25741521/worldcopy06.05.2011.zip

oh also jeremys place (the large flat area behind wicks) is up for anyone who wants it

one more note

http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/SimpleServer

i will be testing this some this week so the server may be unavalible around 8am-10am est wens and thurs

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

I'm testing making a low-res map today, as soon as it downloads. I'm excited to see how it looks.

SW-5120-1900-6153

I made a duplicate server of our world on my computer for testing purposes. If anybody wants to fiddle around on it, it's open for experimentation.

Address is 74.123.254.24.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Alright I've experimented with WorldEdit. If anybody has a project that they want moved, let me know. Next weekend, if he likes the idea, Goddog will be shutting down the server to give me the world file. I will then move anything that anybody wants moved, send him back the file, and he'll put it back and reopen the world.

Here's a demonstration of what I can do with MC Edit and WorldEdit:

This is a shot of a section of the world before I used WorldEdit:

And this is after. Note the ice and snow and how there's a lot less of it. There's a thaw command. Many creations will just freeze back over, but if I move your creation away from the snow into a non-snow biome, then thaw it, it'll be good to go for good over there.

Also note the three Stargates. It appears that's close to the limit of the size I can move around - my city (in one piece, at least) is far too big and it won't let me do it in WorldEdit. I know I can in MC Edit, though, so I'm planning on using both programs to do the work.

I also played around with TNT blowing everybody's stuff up on my copy of the server, for the fun of it, so if something looks weird in my second screenshot, that's why. It's untouched on the actual server - don't you worry! I just went nuts a little because it was an opportunity you don't usually get. I also burned down my companion cube, heheh.

And just because it's fun:

SW-5120-1900-6153