By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - The Semi Official VGChartz Minecraft Thread

My friend and I just started playing again, the game is still sooooo fun.

Around the Network
thetonestarr said:

Dang, I take a few days' break and this happens.

Who built the brick safe-zone in the Nether? I've noticed nothing else's been built.

I was sick of being blasted by ghasts.

I have been building like crazy but it's a fair way off the spawn/main area.

Wii FC: 6440 8298 7583 0720   XBOX GT: WICK1978               PSN: its_the_wick   3DS: 1676-3747-7846                                          Nintendo Network: its-the-wick

Systems I've owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, GBColor, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBAdvance, DSlite, PSP, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PSVita, PS4, 3DS XL, Wii U

The best quote I've seen this year:

Angelus said: I'm a moron

I'm staying closer to the entrance, myself. Building a house out of obsidian.

SW-5120-1900-6153

I built an intricate system of safe tunnels in the Nether, connecting my house to the original portal. I then decided it was annoying as heck having the "original portal" turn up deep inside Joe's obsidian tower, so I deactivated his portal and built a replacement nearby that wouldn't do that to us. If Joe wants his portal still operable, I'm sure he can find a way to make it the portal not dump people where nobody wants to go.

But after doing that, I experimented with setting up more portals, and now there's a whole mess of them in my tunnel system, all leading to various unique places in the overworld. Many of them made whole new portals on the overworld side (which will explain why there are random odd portals out in the middle of water and stuff, if you see 'em).  If someone wants to label the various portals, they can become a whole new much faster way to travel around places. One of them (which is currently in a very hazardous place up on a cliff) goes into my Companion Cube, so it's the perfect way to get right into the middle of the city.

I've been watching a lot of Red Dwarf lately, so I just typed up that entire post in the voice of Dave Lister -  essentially, with a very thick Liverpool accent.

SW-5120-1900-6153

updated to 1.6.6

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

Around the Network

There's absolutely room. Come on in.

SW-5120-1900-6153

I did a little more work in my Nether tunnel system, making it more enclosed and safe. I also labeled most of the portals on both overworld side and Nether side to explain where they go. It's very convenient.

I'm working next to build a bridge connecting Spawn Island with the Eastern Continent IN the East, which connects directly to where Trunks is setting up camp.

SW-5120-1900-6153

wick said:

I'm tipping Final is going to have a meltdown when he finds out about the cart booster fix.

If by "fix" you mean they deactivated the old way of boosting I certainly hope the official boosters aren't as gimped as they used to be.  I'm pretty busy but I may be back and when I do you can bet I'll be getting my highway up to spec, whatever "spec" is. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

I've never had any problems with the "official" boosters.

Also, I've upgraded half of my subway line to work without classic boosters. I'm going to rework it further, though.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Was good to see the crowds back on the server today. Diggydig was quite impressed with our little world.

Wii FC: 6440 8298 7583 0720   XBOX GT: WICK1978               PSN: its_the_wick   3DS: 1676-3747-7846                                          Nintendo Network: its-the-wick

Systems I've owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, GBColor, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBAdvance, DSlite, PSP, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PSVita, PS4, 3DS XL, Wii U

The best quote I've seen this year:

Angelus said: I'm a moron