By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - The Semi Official VGChartz Minecraft Thread

I logged in to have a look around and discovered some absolutely huge castle structures that seem to have appeared out of nowhere.

Has someone been McEditing??

Wii FC: 6440 8298 7583 0720   XBOX GT: WICK1978               PSN: its_the_wick   3DS: 1676-3747-7846                                          Nintendo Network: its-the-wick

Systems I've owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, GBColor, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBAdvance, DSlite, PSP, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PSVita, PS4, 3DS XL, Wii U

The best quote I've seen this year:

Angelus said: I'm a moron

Around the Network

That's Castlelands! I built those a long time ago on singleplayer, before I started playing online, and yes - the server was down for a while so I could MC Edit some stuff to non-snowy biomes. It was giving me a hard time with reverting the previous area back to pre-build status, so I just ported in the castles.

The smallest of the castles is 100% legit - everything in it was built entirely by hand and no cheats were ever used to obtain the goods. The gigantic prison-like one was laid out by hand entirely, then I discovered Inv Edit and started using that to do the building. A small amount of it used MC Edit to build, but only a little. The last one - the one with the castle town - was built almost entirely with Inv Edit infinite resources, but no MC Edit.

Problem is, the one castle with the town inside the walls went super buggy - I have no clue why or how - and there are a couple hundred minecarts just chilling there, buggin' out. I spent some time yesterday doing some heavy demolition on them, but I only managed to thin it out far enough that it didn't cause enormous lag for me. There's still a tonnn of them there. Cleaning up after that and repairing the damage caused in the cleanup process looks like it's going to be my primary job on the server for the weekend, at least as soon as I finish connecting my city's new minecart subway to spawn.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Major news,

I was going to hold this back until it was built,

but its coming,

next week,

the parts are shipped, our new server will be an i7 2600k the ssd for it will trail by about a week or so, for now 8gb of ram and it will be a linux platform, though as soon as i can scrounge cash it will get windows seven. no gpu in our server, i had to cut corners somewhere.

in the next few weeks i hope to have mods fully running and a reduction of java errors, for now this new system will just be minecraft (and me over clocking it) while i feel it out, there may be intermittent down time next week. also the old server will host a new/old map one i have wanted to share but could never balance our server properly for.

if you have any mod requests or questions post them here, ill post a full part list if you want one as well.

the future is now the future is fast!!

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

Right now, the mods we know we're doing are:

-Bukkit
-WorldEdit

I don't want us to fiddle too much with additional mods beyond that. Not saying those are the ONLY mods I want; but I don't want there to be many more because I'm rather fond of the mostly vanilla feel of it.

SW-5120-1900-6153

thetonestarr said:
Right now, the mods we know we're doing are:

-Bukkit
-WorldEdit

I don't want us to fiddle too much with additional mods beyond that. Not saying those are the ONLY mods I want; but I don't want there to be many more because I'm rather fond of the mostly vanilla feel of it.

tone, i know they exsist but i have not looked mush into them yet, have you seen or used any good live preview maps, say ones we could host on a webpage and get a live view. im going to start looking today for that but thought id see if you had

Around the Network

I've seen them, but I can't remember what they're called. Hold on, I'll check.

Tectonicus is your best bet for what you're looking for. I'm not sure how to set it up for Google Maps-type viewing, but I know it's possible and would be most useful.

http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Tectonicus

SW-5120-1900-6153

thetonestarr said:
I've seen them, but I can't remember what they're called. Hold on, I'll check.

Tectonicus is your best bet for what you're looking for. I'm not sure how to set it up for Google Maps-type viewing, but I know it's possible and would be most useful.

http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Tectonicus

thank you good sir, ive found the plugin already, ill start planning the backend, and doing some small scale testing on my old windows box, before the switch next week, it may take a bit before mods are up, but i hope in the next two weeks to complete the change over.

i know at one point in time a cart manager was wanted i think that was finalfan who wanted that though

I've successfully cleaned up nearly all of the buggy minecarts in my castle. Now I just need to repair all the damage (which is pretty extensive... someone should head up to where the city used to be and check it out).

SW-5120-1900-6153

thetonestarr said:
I've successfully cleaned up nearly all of the buggy minecarts in my castle. Now I just need to repair all the damage (which is pretty extensive... someone should head up to where the city used to be and check it out).

im have been through your land of castles very impressive, makes me want to import mine

which i may do in a week or two

Be careful entering them. I play peaceful on singleplayer, so I never mob-proofed them.

SW-5120-1900-6153