By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - The Semi Official VGChartz Minecraft Thread

hd94 said:
hey guys, is it possible to convert the PE map to PC ? i tried to search google but the result are quite old (about 2013-2014). It will be great if someone can tell me the exact answer. thanks :)

I will give it a try next weekend to see what i can do, but no guarantee...

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

Around the Network

Nice to see Minecraft sell 20 million on PC/mac.

Proud to be a Californian.

Back to playing some on the Waterworld, going to make some more progress on my castle.

Been living a pretty busy life and also trying to play through some of my Steam games because I own way too many. Way, way too many. Like, over 500, and then I have a few on Origin and Uplay too.

SW-5120-1900-6153

thetonestarr said:
Back to playing some on the Waterworld, going to make some more progress on my castle.

Been living a pretty busy life and also trying to play through some of my Steam games because I own way too many. Way, way too many. Like, over 500, and then I have a few on Origin and Uplay too.

hah, yea just under you in total games... also i got into warthunder and world of tanks... way to much time into those

sorry for the down time power issues at my condo again ... should be fixed soon*

Around the Network

server is back up again.... hopefully the water leaks are fixed so no further power issues....

Upgraded to Windows 10 today. First thing I do? Claim my free copy of Minecraft: Win10 Edition.

Controls are slightly clunky still - when playing with mouse + keyboard, mouse sensitivity is too high when moving around, then suddenly too low when in a menu.

Interface needs work - menus vary from ones specifically designed for the PC edition (like the classic Inventory screen) to ones designed for touch control (most everything else). Mouse and keyboard aren't as fluid on the ones designed for touch control as they are on the Java version, and Xbox controller is clunky and unwieldy in every menu. There should be an option to choose your interface based on control scheme.

Block placement is really bad in regards to partial blocks. In the Java edition, when placing blocks through partial blocks (torches, grass, etc), those blocks only get in the way if the actual torches or grass come between your cursor and the block you're aiming at. In Win10 Edition, if the 1-meter block space containing the torch or grass gets in the way, the block you're trying to place WILL be misplaced.

It's a decent start, but definitely still needs work.

SW-5120-1900-6153

thetonestarr said:
Upgraded to Windows 10 today. First thing I do? Claim my free copy of Minecraft: Win10 Edition.

Controls are slightly clunky still - when playing with mouse + keyboard, mouse sensitivity is too high when moving around, then suddenly too low when in a menu.

Interface needs work - menus vary from ones specifically designed for the PC edition (like the classic Inventory screen) to ones designed for touch control (most everything else). Mouse and keyboard aren't as fluid on the ones designed for touch control as they are on the Java version, and Xbox controller is clunky and unwieldy in every menu. There should be an option to choose your interface based on control scheme.

Block placement is really bad in regards to partial blocks. In the Java edition, when placing blocks through partial blocks (torches, grass, etc), those blocks only get in the way if the actual torches or grass come between your cursor and the block you're aiming at. In Win10 Edition, if the 1-meter block space containing the torch or grass gets in the way, the block you're trying to place WILL be misplaced.

It's a decent start, but definitely still needs work.

I am not a big fan of them moving to a closed system ... for me this is one of the worst things they could have done with the game... i would have been fine with a free copy of the classic game for all windows 10 users... also I have not upgraded yet but my windows 8 boxes will be going first

The Java version is going to remain available - the Win10 version just exists because it's the "Pocket Edition" for Win10 devices. They just want all Win10 devices - PCs, tablets, and phones alike - to all be able to play the game seamlessly. The open Java version that's existed from the start is to remain the flagship version though.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Well after a long break, my friend and I have been logging back in again. Oddly enough we even had two additional people we know join into our slice of jungle/desert.

Hope to see you guys on sometime! Also very eager to see how your castle has been coming along, Tonestar.