By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Wii apparently added the most exclusive games last months

That Guy said:
i say the Nintendo people have spent the last 10 years or so getting punched in the face and getting pwned by the Sony people. The recent 5 months is perhaps the first time in almost 10 years that the Nintendo people can gloat and say "scoreboard" on the sales charts.

Indeed, It's nice to see Nintendo winning hearts and minds bringing lapsed gamers back to the dance. I'm personally sick of GTA style games all violence aimed at louts and chavs.  It's nice to see the blue skies and primary colours of nintendo games with fun and innovation instead of bitch slappin' some pimp.

Support & investment in nintendo for me is a good thing, I enjoyed my gamecube more than the PS2 and the x-box, and desipte not have HD images I think the Wii visuals are brilliant  and the gameplay when done right is untouchable.

It is time for a change, I know it's my personal choice but I'm glad to see classic but innovative gaming centred round fun back on the agenda and looking at the sales figures I don't think I'm alone. I know so many non-gamers who have purchased a wii it's unture.

I see the sony fans backlash as a panic against having invested £425 in something that developers and consumers are deserting like a sinking ship.

It's nice as a nintendo fan to see passion relighted.

Around the Network
adge said:
That Guy said:
i say the Nintendo people have spent the last 10 years or so getting punched in the face and getting pwned by the Sony people. The recent 5 months is perhaps the first time in almost 10 years that the Nintendo people can gloat and say "scoreboard" on the sales charts.

Indeed, It's nice to see Nintendo winning hearts and minds bringing lapsed gamers back to the dance. I'm personally sick of GTA style games all violence aimed at louts and chavs. It's nice to see the blue skies and primary colours of nintendo games with fun and innovation instead of bitch slappin' some pimp.

Support & investment in nintendo for me is a good thing, I enjoyed my gamecube more than the PS2 and the x-box, and desipte not have HD images I think the Wii visuals are brilliant and the gameplay when done right is untouchable.

It is time for a change, I know it's my personal choice but I'm glad to see classic but innovative gaming centred round fun back on the agenda and looking at the sales figures I don't think I'm alone. I know so many non-gamers who have purchased a wii it's unture.

I see the sony fans backlash as a panic against having invested £425 in something that developers and consumers are deserting like a sinking ship.

Ugh.  It's attacks like these that get old, not the subpar sales so far.  Are they really deserting?  No, they are taking multi-platform approaches.  I was a Nintendo fan all the way until N64.  I had to go with Square.  Luckily, it worked out for me since everyone else hopped on to the PS1 and then PS2.  I tend to favor the winners in the console generations, I guess.  I had an NES, SNES (had a Genesis later), PS1, PS2, and now a PS3 and I'll get a Wii soon.  It's likely that the PS3 might not win but my bet is with one of those 2 and I think they offer unique experiences from each other, both fun.  I've looked at getting a Core 360 if I can attach an external HD since I'd then consider it a decent deal.  The elite is barely a decent deal right now (but the best to me), but I don't want to pay that much for a 2nd HD console.  The other thing is that I much prefer FPS games on the PC, and although I'm letting my PC specs grow older than I have in 5 years because I'm tired of upgrading for 2 or 3 games, I still can't justify getting a 360 for some exclusive shooters (I wanted to play Fable, Jade Empire, Ninja Gaiden on the Xbox...luckily, 1 of those is now coming to PS3 in Ninja Gaiden Sigma).

Anyway, I digressed a little there with the 360, but just because Nintendo is under going the biggest comeback in console history doesn't mean Sony's PS3 is a sinking ship, yet.

I'm glad I didn't bother to join in on the "discussion" in this thread. I saw this coming a mile a way. The flame wars have gotten out of hand lately. I have been trying to ignore the trolls but I have ended up posting less and less. Some people seem to treat civil discussion like a crime.

windbane said:
adge said:
That Guy said:

Indeed, It's nice to see Nintendo winning hearts and minds bringing lapsed gamers back to the dance. I'm personally sick of GTA style games all violence aimed at louts and chavs. It's nice to see the blue skies and primary colours of nintendo games with fun and innovation instead of bitch slappin' some pimp.

Support & investment in nintendo for me is a good thing, I enjoyed my gamecube more than the PS2 and the x-box, and desipte not have HD images I think the Wii visuals are brilliant and the gameplay when done right is untouchable.

Ugh.  It's attacks like these that get old, not the subpar sales so far.  Are they really deserting?  No, they are taking multi-platform approaches.  I was a Nintendo fan all the way until N64.  I had to go with Square.  Luckily, it worked out for me since everyone else hopped on to the PS1 and then PS2.  I tend to favor the winners in the console generations, I guess.  I had an NES, SNES (had a Genesis later), PS1, PS2, and now a PS3 and I'll get a Wii soon.  It's likely that the PS3 might not win but my bet is with one of those 2 and I think they offer unique experiences from each other, both fun.  I've looked at getting a Core 360 if I can attach an external HD since I'd then consider it a decent deal.  The elite is barely a decent deal right now (but the best to me), but I don't want to pay that much for a 2nd HD console.  The other thing is that I much prefer FPS games on the PC, and although I'm letting my PC specs grow older than I have in 5 years because I'm tired of upgrading for 2 or 3 games, I still can't justify getting a 360 for some exclusive shooters (I wanted to play Fable, Jade Empire, Ninja Gaiden on the Xbox...luckily, 1 of those is now coming to PS3 in Ninja Gaiden Sigma).

Anyway, I digressed a little there with the 360, but just because Nintendo is under going the biggest comeback in console history doesn't mean Sony's PS3 is a sinking ship, yet.

Just my guess as to why the PS3 fans so rabid, irrational and rude on every forum I visit. It's in my view paranoia that their investment may well not be a strong one and to counteract this thought they post with anger and bile.

i enojoy watching people like PS360N64PSXBOX going crazy... maybe he forgot to take his medicaments ?

Around the Network
Darc Requiem said:
I'm glad I didn't bother to join in on the "discussion" in this thread. I saw this coming a mile a way. The flame wars have gotten out of hand lately. I have been trying to ignore the trolls but I have ended up posting less and less. Some people seem to treat civil discussion like a crime.

I agree, I've been posting less and less lately, I used to just sit on this site all day long at work but now I just check it every once in a while because almost every thread gets turned into a Flame War. but like what "That Guy" said people are taking this to personal, plus it just my opinion that most people who want the PS3 to kill the Wii/360 are people who heavily supported the PS/PS2 and to make it simple these hardcore people are not use to Sony being behind it hasn't happened in like 10 or 11 years. I'm sure when Nintendo first started losing their were some Nintendo fanboys (I really try no to use that word) who did the same thing if not something worse. I'm just games are games they are meant to be fun, so have fun! I get my Wii back tomorrow and I'm going to get Paper Mario and..........................have fun!

Just my 2 cents!

adge said:
windbane said:
adge said:
That Guy said:

Ugh. It's attacks like these that get old, not the subpar sales so far. Are they really deserting? No, they are taking multi-platform approaches. I was a Nintendo fan all the way until N64. I had to go with Square. Luckily, it worked out for me since everyone else hopped on to the PS1 and then PS2. I tend to favor the winners in the console generations, I guess. I had an NES, SNES (had a Genesis later), PS1, PS2, and now a PS3 and I'll get a Wii soon. It's likely that the PS3 might not win but my bet is with one of those 2 and I think they offer unique experiences from each other, both fun. I've looked at getting a Core 360 if I can attach an external HD since I'd then consider it a decent deal. The elite is barely a decent deal right now (but the best to me), but I don't want to pay that much for a 2nd HD console. The other thing is that I much prefer FPS games on the PC, and although I'm letting my PC specs grow older than I have in 5 years because I'm tired of upgrading for 2 or 3 games, I still can't justify getting a 360 for some exclusive shooters (I wanted to play Fable, Jade Empire, Ninja Gaiden on the Xbox...luckily, 1 of those is now coming to PS3 in Ninja Gaiden Sigma).

Just my guess as to why the PS3 fans so rabid, irrational and rude on every forum I visit. It's in my view paranoia that their investment may well not be a strong one and to counteract this thought they post with anger and bile.

That may be, although it doesn't account for PS360 going off the deep end and getting himself banned. It also has nothing to do with my post so I'm not sure why you quoted me for that point.  I'll be ok is the PS3 doesn't "win."

You guys think PS364ATARI2800 freaked out here, you should should see the PM he sent me!

Anyways, while he definately deserved a ban, a lot of people on here are in no position to throw stones. you guys didn't exactly turn the other cheek...  I don't want to, but if something like this happens again, I will issue warnings to those that egg people like this on.  Really, if someone like Kwaad can reform (kinda reform) then anybody can. But it's not going to happen if they feel attacked.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Alacrist said:
Darc Requiem said:

I agree, I've been posting less and less lately, I used to just sit on this site all day long at work but now I just check it every once in a while because almost every thread gets turned into a Flame War. but like what "That Guy" said people are taking this to personal, plus it just my opinion that most people who want the PS3 to kill the Wii/360 are people who heavily supported the PS/PS2 and to make it simple these hardcore people are not use to Sony being behind it hasn't happened in like 10 or 11 years. I'm sure when Nintendo first started losing their were some Nintendo fanboys (I really try no to use that word) who did the same thing if not something worse. I'm just games are games they are meant to be fun, so have fun! I get my Wii back tomorrow and I'm going to get Paper Mario and..........................have fun!

Just my 2 cents!

To be fair to explosive Sony fanboys, Nintendo fanboys until recently were the worst.  I used to ignore video game forums/boards/blogs since I like Nintendo and I didn't want to be lumped in with those idiots.  They even ruined X-Play for me which I used to watch every time it was on.  Apparently any time the reviewers gave a Gamecube game a bad review or said something bad about the system they would receive a flood of hate mail from Nintendo fanboys.  The reviewers responded in a puerile manner by making fun of the Gamecube every chance they got and I lost interest (that and they began to be political, I prefer my politics and video games seperate). 

Also there's the fact that anyone who remembers the golden age of Nintendo is at least 21 years old extending up to 30 or so.  Someone who got a PS1 as their first system and only knows the Sony golden age is at the oldest 18 or so with many younger than that.  What that means is most Nintendo fanboys have grown up by now (with one last bout of childlishness around 2001-2004 when Nintendo fanboism was at its worst) while many Sony fanboys are not only seeing their champion go down for the first time but also are only 16-20, the age when Nintendo fanboys were at their most annoying. 

Last point on the matter is that Nintendo fans and fanboys have seen video game makers rise to dominance, leaders lose their dominance, major compeitors go out of business, new competitors come into the business, etc.  We've seen it, we know it happens, just because you spent your entire childhood playing NES/SNES or PS1/PS2 doesn't mean that company has a God given right to rule the video game world forever.  Many Sony fans and fanboys are seeing the process in full for the first time.  Thank goodness Microsoft targeted older gamers and not kids/teenagers, at least we won't have to deal with rabbid furious MS fanboys 10 years from now

Darc Requiem said:

I saw it coming too..... and I was wondering why this thread didn't get locked when it descended into attacks.

Games make me happy! PSN ID: Staticneuron Gamertag: Staticneuron Wii Code: Static Wii - 3055 0871 5802 1723