By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - October Update 2012 - Action Hack/Slash Sales Table

GodOfWar_3ever said:
ElGranCabeza said:
zuvuyeay said:
ElGranCabeza said:

Damn GOW owns this genre. Too bad GOS will only sell about 500k though.

you don't think it will do aswell then,why is that,

can't it hit a 1m,it does seem to be strong in america

PSP is dead in the west and GOW is a non factor in Japan.

Non-factor ? GoW III sold 110k in Japan. Thats a pretty good achievement for a Western game in the small JP market.

Given the PSP's popularity there, I believe it can hit a similar sales range. Americas should get around 100k first week, maybe 50k in others....

Around a 175k launch week and 700k lifetime is doable imo.

Wishful thinking, 120k first week, 500k lifetime.

GOW COO sold 40k in Japan btw.

Around the Network
mrpapaye said:

Hello

An hack and slash sales table without Diablo in it ?

I know its mostly a console site but come on...

Bye.

well which one do you want to include?

when the new one comes out it can go on the list,i'm not going too back in the day its a pain in the butt

Above & Beyond

GodOfWar_3ever said:
zuvuyeay said:

I've updated the table with most of the games in the thread,i know people differ about what is H&S but we all know what we mean with hack slash button bash,

I decided to put games in that were not fully tracked so you can see for yourself where they are,quite a lot of them are like this but i can only use the numbers we have and you can probably guess what is not tracked in each region by the numbers,its also games for the current gen and they need a certain amount of sales,

Let me know if there are other games that should be in or out as i'm no expert,someone mentioned muramasa the demon blade and SW TFU,shall i put them in with any others,

There are probably mistakes as i'm sure you can imagine it's a colossal pain in the arse to make tables like these but i hope you enjoy it and if i have to look at another dynasty warriors the laptop is going to get the hammer

Muramasa is a side scroller action game, TFU is also an action game. Do whatever you want, but I believe the thread refers to a sub-genre in the action genre.

yes well that's why i left them out,almost everything is an action gam,i think most people know what is mean't with console H&S as you say a sub-genre

i have hardly any idea about the japanese games so just include them

maybe i'm out of touch but i think ghosts of sparta might hit 1m,psp is going to have pricecuts after all and it is a strong franchise

Above & Beyond

Lol playstation dominations XD i jk but there shore are alot of them on the ps3

Yeah i know my spelling sucks but im dysgraphic so live with it :3    

---------------------------------------------------Bets--------------------------------------------------

Conegamer - I say that the PS3 will beat the DS next week in Japan  (for hardware sales) Forfeit is control over others avatar for 1 week.

Neat table. Nice work.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
ElGranCabeza said:
GodOfWar_3ever said:
ElGranCabeza said:
zuvuyeay said:
ElGranCabeza said:

Damn GOW owns this genre. Too bad GOS will only sell about 500k though.

you don't think it will do aswell then,why is that,

can't it hit a 1m,it does seem to be strong in america

PSP is dead in the west and GOW is a non factor in Japan.

Non-factor ? GoW III sold 110k in Japan. Thats a pretty good achievement for a Western game in the small JP market.

Given the PSP's popularity there, I believe it can hit a similar sales range. Americas should get around 100k first week, maybe 50k in others....

Around a 175k launch week and 700k lifetime is doable imo.

Wishful thinking, 120k first week, 500k lifetime.

GOW COO sold 40k in Japan btw.

Chains of Olympus has sold 300k just in 2010.  Ghost of Sparta probably won't reach CoO's lifetime sales, but it'll blow past 500k.

Kingdom Hearts has done about 500k in the eight weeks since it released in Europe and America, despite the PSP being "dead in the west".

outlawauron said:

Neat table. Nice work.

finally some love for the table,it took me ages,haha

Above & Beyond

You should add a total (s) bar at the bottom of the list so we can see which console sold the most H&S games.

Sengoku Basara:Samurai Warriors   410,951     119,402     530,353

It's actually called Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes.

Great table by the way! Nice work.

-PaNdOrA- said:
Sengoku Basara:Samurai Warriors   410,951     119,402     530,353

It's actually called Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes.

Great table by the way! Nice work.

ahh! good spot i blame dynasty

Above & Beyond