By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - October Update 2012 - Action Hack/Slash Sales Table

Damn GOW owns this genre. Too bad GOS will only sell about 500k though.

Around the Network
4k1x3r said:

Instead of separating God Of War Triology from God Of War 3 and God Of War Collection, you should delete GOW Triology and add the amount sold to both GOW3 and GOW Collection, because GOW Triology is basically GOW3 and GOW Collection in a single box. Just saying.

yeah i could,but i only put in there so we can see how many actually bought the boxset

apparently its not out in america,i wonder if they;ll bother now

Above & Beyond

God of War doesn't really have to many serious challengers in this genre does it?  I loved Heavenly Sword, but this is impressive.  Kratos really made a name for himself!  :)   <3

its amazing how god of war was just released 5 years ago and now its the king of hack and slash.

Owner of PS1/PSOne , PS2 phat/slim  , PS3 phat/slim , PS Eye+Move and PSP phat/slim/brite/go (Sony)

The Official PS Vita Thread! Get all your latest PS Vita news here! Come join us!

ElGranCabeza said:

you don't think it will do aswell then,why is that,

can't it hit a 1m,it does seem to be strong in america

Above & Beyond

Around the Network

My favorite genre is so niche now, damn FPS.

But war... war never changes

Hello

An hack and slash sales table without Diablo in it ?

I know its mostly a console site but come on...

Bye.

Zones : I still don't understand all the love for Blizzard, what was the last game they developed worth playing?
zuvuyeay said:
ElGranCabeza said:

PSP is dead in the west and GOW is a non factor in Japan.

zuvuyeay said:

I've updated the table with most of the games in the thread,i know people differ about what is H&S but we all know what we mean with hack slash button bash,

I decided to put games in that were not fully tracked so you can see for yourself where they are,quite a lot of them are like this but i can only use the numbers we have and you can probably guess what is not tracked in each region by the numbers,its also games for the current gen and they need a certain amount of sales,

Let me know if there are other games that should be in or out as i'm no expert,someone mentioned muramasa the demon blade and SW TFU,shall i put them in with any others,

There are probably mistakes as i'm sure you can imagine it's a colossal pain in the arse to make tables like these but i hope you enjoy it and if i have to look at another dynasty warriors the laptop is going to get the hammer

Muramasa is a side scroller action game, TFU is also an action game. Do whatever you want, but I believe the thread refers to a sub-genre in the action genre.

zuvuyeay said:
ElGranCabeza said:

Yes...but its the PSP.... 

ElGranCabeza said:
zuvuyeay said:
ElGranCabeza said:

PSP is dead in the west and GOW is a non factor in Japan.

Non-factor ? GoW III sold 110k in Japan. Thats a pretty good achievement for a Western game in the small JP market.

Given the PSP's popularity there, I believe it can hit a similar sales range. Americas should get around 100k first week, maybe 50k in others....

Around a 175k launch week and 700k lifetime is doable imo.