By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - October Update 2012 - Action Hack/Slash Sales Table

JustThatGamer said:

blimey,well done,i will only update just before the big season once a year,lol and add the new H & S games,its a pain in the arse to do it all the time

i wonder if the 3DS or vita will have any ganmes that fit bill

Haha thanks, yeah that's a good idea, the thing that caused the most pain in arse was checking out all the Dynasty Warrior games... Argh! 

I'm not too sure about any upcoming hack n' slash games on the 3DS/Vita, I just have no interest in handhelds at all. There's a few coming out on consoles this year though, Ninja Gaiden 3, DMC, Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, Blades of Time ... maybe even God of War IV. Asura's Wrath doesn't count by the way, that's a beat 'em up.

In other news, God of War III is now at 4.41 (including the trilogy edition) according to Vgchartz but it's heavily undertracked, read my little rant on GOW3's wall to see why but basically it wasn't tracked properly during the Black Friday sales and the holiday period and apparently God of War: Chains of Olympus did 100K more in others than God of War III, which is clearly impossible. GOW3 did (including the trilogy edition) 2.57m in North America, 1.14m in Europe, 150k in Japan and apparently only 540k in the rest of the world, whereas GOW:COO did 1.44m in North America, 0.96m in Europe and 40k in Japan yet it did 640k in the rest of the world. GOW3 is undertracked by at least 200k I'd say, maybe as high as 300k, it's definitely not accurate as it is now.

thats right dynast warriors aarrgghh! sometimes the sales go down as they constantly judge and cheers for mentioning those games soem of them should hit the required amount ,its annoying looking through all the action games to find new H & S type games

Above & Beyond

Around the Network

Greetings Again,

I have ventured back into the world of dynasty,samurai and warrior and updated the sales table for what reason i don't know but there we are maybe you are a fan of the genre,not much has changed at the top,Castlevania sales increasing obviously from last year,Darksiders PS3 sales appear to have disappeared so i have left the old one in,should Darksiders even be in this table,is One piece an action slash,i do not know until someone tells me so i put it in there,are there titles you think should be included as ever i only have the sales data from the chartz and it needs to have more than 500,000 sold,i include those collections incase peolpe are interested,

anyway let me know if one piece is action slash or if Diablo (or other games) should be in here as they have updated daiblo PC sales or if the 3DS has a version of one of these games,i know it has one and i'll put it down below i think just for the hell of it as it's new,i'll put ninja gaiden 3 in too as its 2012 try and keep it modern,if there any other new games out/coming then let us know,Ta

is no more heroes red zone on PS3,no more heroes 2 from Wii

Table is in post one

Above & Beyond

Its good to have this table again :)

But no Asura's wrath?

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

This is one thread I wanted revived! :D

And HAHA Vchartz! I knew I was right about God of War III being massively undertracked! It sold 5.2 million back on June 4th 2012 (http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/IR/news/120605_05.pdf ). Now with the recent GoW: Saga Collection selling amazingly (also heavily undertracked on Vgchartz) and God of War: Ascension hype I think God of War III which is probably at around 5.45 million now will reach 6 million by the launch of God of War: Ascension! (huge xmas boost due to the saga collection and the budget essentials edition of GoW3) If not it will be damn close.

I'm predicting 6.5+ million lifetime for God of War III. Vgchartz updated all of the God of War games sales but mistakenly reset GoW3 back to the pre-adjusted numbers, for some reason (laziness?) they won't fix it no matter how many times I complain. I hope Sony announce when it reaches/ passes 6 million, if not I'll just keep pestering Sony Santa Monica for answers on Twitter! They're so nice and humble for such a talented AAA developer, they almost always respond to me and the other fans :)

And finally I think Darksiders should be in the table but not Diablo. Not sure about the No More Heroes games, I've never played or even bothered to watch gameplay of them. You should add Darksiders 2 which has sold (according to Vgchartz): Xbox 360: 0.42 + PS3: 0.42 = 0.84 million. I can't think of any other games missing from the list, unless Enslaved: Odyssey to the West counts, that sold: Xbox 360: 0.47 + PS3: 0.42 = 0.89 million.

JustThatGamer said:

This is one thread I wanted revived! :D

And HAHA Vchartz! I knew I was right about God of War III being massively undertracked! It sold 5.2 million back on June 4th 2012 (http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/IR/news/120605_05.pdf ). Now with the recent GoW: Saga Collection selling amazingly (also heavily undertracked on Vgchartz) and God of War: Ascension hype I think God of War III which is probably at around 5.45 million now will reach 6 million by the launch of God of War: Ascension! (huge xmas boost due to the saga collection and the budget essentials edition of GoW3) If not it will be damn close.

I'm predicting 6.5+ million lifetime for God of War III. Vgchartz updated all of the God of War games sales but mistakenly reset GoW3 back to the pre-adjusted numbers, for some reason (laziness?) they won't fix it no matter how many times I complain. I hope Sony announce when it reaches/ passes 6 million, if not I'll just keep pestering Sony Santa Monica for answers on Twitter! They're so nice and humble for such a talented AAA developer, they almost always respond to me and the other fans :)

And finally I think Darksiders should be in the table but not Diablo. Not sure about the No More Heroes games, I've never played or even bothered to watch gameplay of them. You should add Darksiders 2 which has sold (according to Vgchartz): Xbox 360: 0.42 + PS3: 0.42 = 0.84 million. I can't think of any other games missing from the list, unless Enslaved: Odyssey to the West counts, that sold: Xbox 360: 0.47 + PS3: 0.42 = 0.89 million.

well you know your GOW numbers thats for sure,some peole say it's undertracked in the comments box against the numbers they released for all GOW games i think,the psp one anyway and holy moly i didn't even realise they had another collection just out GOW saga is all 5,will put that at the bottom next time,how much is that one,see what peopel say about enslaved,not sure abotu the gameplay,even though i have it but just haven't tried it yet,is it too adventure,i had darksiders II in there and i have put the other 2012 releases in and shaded them green sopeople can see how new games actually do in the genre,

SnakeDrake said:
Its good to have this table again :)

But no Asura's wrath?

good shout,i knew there was one and didn't check 3 posts above,i put 2012 ones in now

Above & Beyond

Around the Network

If its not to much to as can you do a total of games sold on each platform :)

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

SnakeDrake said:
If its not to much to as can you do a total of games sold on each platform :)

i'll do a quick update over christmas and put the table in a spreadsheet so it can do the maths for me,

the Wiiu should have a couple more out and some ports of these games too i think to add to the list,mayeb the vita too

Above & Beyond