By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - October Update 2012 - Action Hack/Slash Sales Table

zuvuyeay said:
yo_john117 said:

I actually just started playing Dante's Inferno tonight and I have to say its an amazing game (I was a bit leery about it at first with all that satanic stuff but its just a game so it doesn't matter that much)  Its not quite as good as GOW though.

i have played hardly any of them but i bought bayonetta so will be having a look at that soon,i'll get dante too they are all nice and cheap now

it was dante,darksiders and bayonetta that made me make the table they all close in sales and multiplat so its good to see

You will love Bayonetta it is like DMC a worp speed. and I think DW and SW and such a a form of Hack & Slash just mission based then others.  

Japanese Pop Culture Otaku

Around the Network
Slimebeast said:

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

Its an action game. Not hack 'n slash.

priteshmodi said:

Darksiders!!! :D

Honestly it's one of my favourite games this year. It's got that old school last gen vibe to it and I just love it.

Yeah it's great, but if it's a Hack 'n Slash than so is Zelda.

Just becuase a game has hacking and slashing doesn't make it a Hack 'n Slash. Darksiders is more of an adventure game or action RPG.

and soon

GodOfWar_3ever said:
Slimebeast said:

Right.

Castlevania is hacknslash though.

Around the Network
Slimebeast said:
GodOfWar_3ever said:
Slimebeast said:

Right.

Indeed. The OP said he would update the table at the end of November.

Slimebeast said:
GodOfWar_3ever said:
Slimebeast said:

Right.

what's the difference? Force powers?
You hack and slash things with you're lightsaber no?

You get guns in Devil May Cry.
You get stars in Ninja Gaiden.

I dunno if the OP is just about current gen games, but GOW1 is actully at 3.7 mil, and imo GOW3 may or may not reach that because the PS2 userbase was much bigger when than PS3 when respective titles came out. if this is about previous gen games as well, then Prince of Persia might be another one to consider.

maybe even the 2 newest PoP, if they are considered as H&S or just action/adventure.

ishiki said:
Slimebeast said:
GodOfWar_3ever said:
Slimebeast said:

Right.

I know and I agree with you. When I played The Force Unleashed I felt just like it was a hacknslash (and some people out there label it hacknslash).

But GodofWar3ever is the expert.

ishiki said:
Slimebeast said:
GodOfWar_3ever said:
Slimebeast said:

Right.

The difference is that most of the enemies are ranged shooters attacking you from far.

Hack 'n slash is about the physical battle between primarily blade wielding protagonists and enemies who attack the same way bar some ranged attackers (to mix it up a bit) with 70% of the game being focused on combat and less on puzzles and exploration and pretty much everything else.

If The Force Unleased is hack 'n slash, I guess Fable would also be. Hell, even prototype would be. Its an action adventure game. Fable is a WRPG and Prototype is another (open world) action game.