By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - why the xbox360 will be micorsofts last system

leo-j said:
If microsoft leaves there will be no one to stop sony from domination again.
Uhh, Nintendo is already doing it. You mean, there is gonna be no one left to bleed Sony billions of dollars. that maybe true

Around the Network

No counter arguments are necessary, the OP pretty much defeats itself.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

No Im not being sarcastic. Were do you think those 14 MILLION xbox 360 owners would go? Not to nintendo.

mM

I think Microsoft will do what they did with the 360. Make a new system after 4 years and totally drop the original X box, that means stop making games for it and everything.

I think they will make a "720" or whatever the **** they call it and drop the 360. They will make no new 360 games and will probably cancel the X Box live services for X box 360.

This way people who still like microsoft will have no choice but to upgrade to the "720". Unlike Sony who Over a year after the launch of the PS3 are still making quality games for the PS2 because of their 10 year plan. That sounds better than Microsoft's "4 year plan"

I won't shed a single tear if MS decides never again to build a console. But it's not likely.

Around the Network
rickytan said:
I think Microsoft will do what they did with the 360. Make a new system after 4 years and totally drop the original X box, that means stop making games for it and everything.

I think they will make a "720" or whatever the **** they call it and drop the 360. They will make no new 360 games and will probably cancel the X Box live services for X box 360.

This way people who still like microsoft will have no choice but to upgrade to the "720". Unlike Sony who Over a year after the launch of the PS3 are still making quality games for the PS2 because of their 10 year plan. That sounds better than Microsoft's "4 year plan"

And lose a butt load in doing so. There are reasons that they dropped the xbox last gen, specifically cause they were still losing money and what was the point. NIntendo kept going because they were getting richer along with sony. It is more then likely that MS will start to produce profits with their 360 so why the hell would they drop it?

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.
leo-j said:
No Im not being sarcastic. Were do you think those 14 MILLION xbox 360 owners would go? Not to nintendo.

As being 1 of those 14 million i can say i would have gone to nintendo, based on price tag and games available

however if the ps3 was at its current price (maybe a bit cheaper) and had more software i wanted i would go with a ps3

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.
leo-j said:

That's assuming that every 360 owner DOES NOT own a PS3.  And why wouldn't they go to Nintendo?  Because you say so?  Not every 360 owner is a 16 year old boy looking to only play FPS and talk about how 'cool' the graphics are on the system

We live in a place called the real world where there are more factors to a console purchase than your highschool friends' influences.  I know its hard for you to comprehend at the moment, but maybe one day.  Hang in there, puberty can be tough!.

I am a Gauntlet Adventurer.

I strive to improve my living conditions by hoarding gold, food, and sometimes keys and potions. I love adventure, fighting, and particularly winning - especially when there's a prize at stake. I occasionally get lost inside buildings and can't find the exit. I need food badly. What Video Game Character Are You?

Mega Man 9 Challenges: 74%

Waltz Tango Jitterbug Bust a move Headbanging
Bunny Hop Mr. Trigger Happy Double Trouble Mr. Perfect Invincible
Almost Invincible No Coffee Break Air Shoes Mega Diet Encore
Peacekeeper Conservationist Farewell To Arms Gamer's Day Daily Dose
Whomp Wiley! Truly Addicted! Truly Hardcore! Conqueror Vanquisher
Destroyer World Warrior Trusty Sidearm Pack Rat Valued Customer
Shop A Holic Last Man Standing Survivor Hard Rock Heavy Metal
Speed Metal Fantastic 9 Fully Unloaded Blue Bomber Eco Fighter
Marathon Fight Quick Draw G Quick Draw C Quick Draw S Quick Draw H
Quick Draw J Quick Draw P Quick Draw T Quick Draw M Quick Draw X

who is micorsoft?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

leo-j said:

Where do you think the term 'Wii60' came from?

Due to MS's hate of Sony and due to Sony taking market domination from Nintendo the more extreme fanboys of both brands are united in their hate of Playstation. A large proportion would go to Nintendo.

Oh and in any case all the MS games would go to Nintendo because as stated before MS is in this to punish Sony. Halo Wii would hurt Sony.