By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Dinosaurs co-existed with man.

jneul said:
bannedagain said:
jneul said:

we will only know when revelations comes true

OT: different people have different beliefs, I myself believe the universe too complicated to be created by accident (i.e big bang), just think about what it would take to create the perfect solar system for earth and it just happened to be habitable, funny if it happened by accident, because that would be lucky

So since you don't understand it,it has to be god? or a creater. Normal attitude for humans. The sun gives us life, I don't know what it is there for, it must be the sun god. Thousands of religions came from not knowing why things happend and then disproved later due to science and logic.  Then we just went and made up a new one. remember you can't control people if you don't have some sort of fear installed in them. I'm not saying I don't believe in a after life but a creater, come on. after all information and energy never disappears, it just changes. so has always been and always well be, so in that maybe you can call energy god.

By the way they do have a theory of everything coming together.  Quantum Physics and a new thoery of a multiverse are coming together to form the idea. In easy terms, they think that two multi verses collided and this is what caused the bang also the creation of hydrogen. We have some great science and supporting facts all the way from Milliseconds after the big bang until present day.

your thoery on creating the perfect living conditions, they just found another planet that is in that comfort zone(Gliese 581g).  It's only 20 light yrs away. this is very close to us in space time.  Are galaxy alone is 100,000 light years accross. The problem is that it is very hard to find planets like this in the glare of there star. If we found something only 20 light years away from us, this leaves us to beilieve  that this is not uncommon and there most likely  is many earth like planets orbiting stars. On top of that there are over 400,000,000,000 stars in our galaxy and we are only one of billions of galaxies, which all of those galaxies have billions of stars as well. it's shear numbers.

http://news.discovery.com/space/earth-like-planet-life.html

Science is cool and giving in and saying, oh thats to hard is just not a answer.  Look it up, watch the science channel. there is a lot of info to learn.

It's just a matter of opinion, i'm not here to impose my view on other people, and accuse me of not understanding all you want i do understand it, but think differently and respect your views, anyways thanks for the link

also i don't believe in the religious views of controlling people, that is a bad way to do things, which is why i don;t do church, just believe in god and jesus, i am allowed to have my own view right??

finally like other people have pointed out my views are subjective as to what i was taught as a kid by my mum, so it's kind of hard to change my view as much as it's hard for you all to beleive in god, sorry thats the last thing i will say

I'm sorry if I offended you, I also grew up christian and I finally read the bible and I just could not believe in it anymore after that.  To me it is very inconsistant and contradicts it self every other page. Not only that but it's just way to metaphorical and can be made into whatever you want it to be. Proof I think is in the shear number of religion off one book. Just telling you why I stopped believeing.

When I questioned It I felt sad but was not going to be lied to anymore. it made me feel like a fool believeing in it. If you believe something I think you must learn as much as possible and it seems that now days, every one just makes up there own version of what the bible is, again metaphorical or just don't read it. you have to back your belief in which it came from, if not you really don't believe in it.  God and jesus is great but the bible is where it came from and if you don't believe it all, why believe in any of it.

I'm just sharing what I think, Not trying to push anything. Just trying to show the logic. 

Hey check out this video it's about Quantum Physics, very interesting, not religous at all just talks about what we are made up of and how are brain works. http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/video/what-the-bleep-do-we-know-part-1/6907455142aa1f6eb0df6907455142aa1f6eb0df-233901262005?q=what the bleep do we know part 1&FROM=LKVR5&GT1=LKVR5&FORM=LKVR5

this just gives you  the first 18 min. so if your interested in it you can pick it up at borders.

Around the Network
Slimebeast said:
highwaystar101 said:
Slimebeast said:
highwaystar101 said:
Slimebeast said:
highwaystar101 said:

But morals aren't absolute, they are relative to people and their societies. Does Sweden have much in common on a moral ground with the Leopard society?

The leopard society was a society in west Africa which existed until the mid-20th century. They fully believed that it was morally acceptable, heck even encouraged, to find victims, kill them and eat their flesh. Is this a moral built into all humans, or just their society in particular? It take it this doesn't happen in Sweden.

So if you would somehow get the chance to back in time and visit them, you'd just be "This is cool guys, this makes perfect sense for you in your cultural context. Keep doing what you do."

Personally I wouldn't because cannibalism is seen as completely unacceptable in my society, I would be horrified. And that very fact proves my point.

If I went back in time and came across them I would condemn them because their morals differ so much from the morals of 21st century Britain. I certainly wouldn't be "cool" with it.

On what grounds would you condemn them?

In that l believe that murder and cannibalism are immoral acts, I would protest against them doing that. So it would be based on my personal feelings, feelings that most likely reflect the morals of my society.

They never saw murder and cannibalism as an immoral act. In their eyes it was completely acceptable to do these things.

But my personal feelings are irrelevant to mine or your point.

What matters is that these two societies have completely separate sets of morals, to the point that one of the most heinous crime in western society (killing and eating another human) is actually encouraged in the other society.

I ask, how can two societies be so radically different in their moral code, and yet their morals be absolute? It's actually impossible.

Because the cannibals are wrong of course. Duh.

I'm sorry but quite frankly I think you have an appalling argument.You can just say "oh well cos its wrong,duh"....how is it wrong? and dont just say,cos it is...

"They will know heghan belongs to the helghast"

"England expects that everyman will do his duty"

"we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender"

bannedagain said:
jneul said:
bannedagain said:
jneul said:

OT: different people have different beliefs, I myself believe the universe too complicated to be created by accident (i.e big bang), just think about what it would take to create the perfect solar system for earth and it just happened to be habitable, funny if it happened by accident, because that would be lucky

So since you don't understand it,it has to be god? or a creater. Normal attitude for humans. The sun gives us life, I don't know what it is there for, it must be the sun god. Thousands of religions came from not knowing why things happend and then disproved later due to science and logic.  Then we just went and made up a new one. remember you can't control people if you don't have some sort of fear installed in them. I'm not saying I don't believe in a after life but a creater, come on. after all information and energy never disappears, it just changes. so has always been and always well be, so in that maybe you can call energy god.

By the way they do have a theory of everything coming together.  Quantum Physics and a new thoery of a multiverse are coming together to form the idea. In easy terms, they think that two multi verses collided and this is what caused the bang also the creation of hydrogen. We have some great science and supporting facts all the way from Milliseconds after the big bang until present day.

your thoery on creating the perfect living conditions, they just found another planet that is in that comfort zone(Gliese 581g).  It's only 20 light yrs away. this is very close to us in space time.  Are galaxy alone is 100,000 light years accross. The problem is that it is very hard to find planets like this in the glare of there star. If we found something only 20 light years away from us, this leaves us to beilieve  that this is not uncommon and there most likely  is many earth like planets orbiting stars. On top of that there are over 400,000,000,000 stars in our galaxy and we are only one of billions of galaxies, which all of those galaxies have billions of stars as well. it's shear numbers.

Science is cool and giving in and saying, oh thats to hard is just not a answer.  Look it up, watch the science channel. there is a lot of info to learn.

It's just a matter of opinion, i'm not here to impose my view on other people, and accuse me of not understanding all you want i do understand it, but think differently and respect your views, anyways thanks for the link

also i don't believe in the religious views of controlling people, that is a bad way to do things, which is why i don;t do church, just believe in god and jesus, i am allowed to have my own view right??

finally like other people have pointed out my views are subjective as to what i was taught as a kid by my mum, so it's kind of hard to change my view as much as it's hard for you all to beleive in god, sorry thats the last thing i will say

I'm sorry if I offended you, I also grew up christian and I finally read the bible and I just could not believe in it anymore after that.  To me it is very inconsistant and contradicts it self every other page. Not only that but it's just way to metaphorical and can be made into whatever you want it to be. Just telling you why I stopped believeing.

When I questioned It I felt sad but was not going to be lied to anymore, it made me feel like a fool believeing in it. If you believe something I think you must learn as much as possible and it seems that now days, every one just makes up there own version of what the bible is, again metaphorical or just don't read it. you have to back your belief in which it came from, if not you really don't believe in it.  God and jesus is great but the bible is where it came from and if you don't believe it all, why believe in any of it.

I'm just sharing what I think, Not trying to push anything. Just trying to show the logic. 

no it's ok just wanted to state where i come from, literally speaking people take the bible too serious and are over religious, i am far more laid back and my basic belief is to treat others as i like to be treated myself, pretty much sum's me up, of course i try my best but i'm only human haha

anyway no offense taken, i understand the logic part

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

jneul said:

The Big Bang wasn't an accident per se. But that's not the point.

The Big Bang theory is well supported, and I would love for people to understand the evidence a little better because it's such a beautiful and fascinating theory. For example, the Big Bang theory is supported by the metric expansion of space, which has been observed in detail many times through the colour shift (from the Doppler effect) in other galaxies. If you extrapolate the expansion backwards you find that everything in the universe had to be part of a singularity around 13.7 - 0.02 Bn years ago.

I mean, that's just incredible and it's even more amazing that we've sat and worked it out.

I asked Pizzahut what his interpretation of this was because he didn't accept the Big Bang theory either (well, he called it a retarded theory), but he never replied. And I would love to genuinely know how Big Bang sceptics treat that evidence.

The Big Bang is also interesting because it doesn't involve removing the notion of god, yet many people treat it like it does. I can note many people who have been religious and accepted the Big Bang theory, such a pope Pius XII, pope John Paul II, George Lemaitre, etc. i don't understand the automatic reflex against it.

It doesn't involve the removal of god and it it is backed up with lots of compelling and wonderful evidence. 

highwaystar101 said:
jneul said:

The Big Bang theory is well supported, and I would love for people to understand the evidence a little better because it's such a beautiful and fascinating theory. For example, the Big Bang theory is supported by the metric expansion of space, which has been observed in detail many times through the colour shift (from the Doppler effect) in other galaxies. If you extrapolate the expansion backwards you find that everything in the universe had to be part of a singularity around 13.7 - 0.02 Bn years ago.

I mean, that's just incredible and it's even more amazing that we've sat and worked it out.

I asked Pizzahut what his interpretation of this was because he didn't accept the Big Bang theory either (well, he called it a retarded theory), but he never replied. And I would love to genuinely know how Big Bang sceptics treat that evidence.

The Big Bang is also interesting because it doesn't involve removing the notion of god, yet many people treat it like it does. I can note many people who have been religious and accepted the Big Bang theory, such a pope Pius XII, pope John Paul II, George Lemaitre, etc. i don't understand the automatic reflex against it.

It doesn't involve the removal of god and it it is backed up with lots of compelling and wonderful evidence. 

no i accept god could have started the big-bang but it was no accident that's what i ment, which is why the universe is so complicated, just my view of course.

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

Around the Network
jneul said:
bannedagain said:
jneul said:

You said 2 totally different things in your first post.

1. the universe is too complicated to be created by accident

2. It's unlikely that the perfect solar system for earth (or any other habitable planet) happened by accident

You can surely have your own view about the first point, but the second point, which many of us are referring to is pretty much false.

It's VERY likely that somewhere in the universe is a 2nd habitable planet. We've only found 500 planets so far (out of several quintillions or more)

I wouldn't even be surprised if there exist several exact copies of our solar system. Just not anywhere near ours.

Furthermore what do you understand by "perfect" solar system ? Because we can live in such a system ?
Again, you're living in such a system, so it is required to exist no matter how.

A good example would be, why are you you and not someone else ? Simply because it's a requirement that you are you, no matter if you're a British lady or an Asian man.

All of us could also live on one of those other solar system which I assume they probably exist. How would you call the planet you're living on ? Earth ! Even though it wouldn't be the same planet we're currently living on.
Would you question if there are other planets just like yours ? Yes ! Would others think that god created that specific planet for humans even though it's not the same planet we're living on ? Yes !

NKAJ said:
Slimebeast said:

Because the cannibals are wrong of course. Duh.

I'm sorry but quite frankly I think you have an appalling argument.You can just say "oh well cos its wrong,duh"....how is it wrong? and dont just say,cos it is...

Thank you.

It was really frustrating me that his whole argument was essentially "I'm right because I'm right". Especially when he claimed that I didn't understand his argument.

Barozi said:
jneul said:
bannedagain said:
jneul said:

You said 2 totally different things in your first post.

1. the universe is too complicated to be created by accident

2. It's unlikely that the perfect solar system for earth (or any other habitable planet) happened by accident

You can surely have your own view about the first point, but the second point, which many of us are referring to is pretty much false.

It's VERY likely that somewhere in the universe is a 2nd habitable planet. We've only found 500 planets so far (out of several quintillions or more)

I wouldn't even be surprised if there exist several exact copies of our solar system. Just not anywhere near ours.

Furthermore what do you understand by "perfect" solar system ? Because we can live in such a system ?
Again, you're living in such a system, so it is required to exist no matter how.

A good example would be, why are you you and not someone else ? Simply because it's a requirement that you are you, no matter if you're an American lady or an Asian man.

All of us could also live on one of those other solar system which I assume they probably exist. How would you call the planet you're living on ? Earth ! Even though it wouldn't be the same planet we're currently living on.
Would you question if there are other planets just like yours ? Yes ! Would others think that god created that specific planet for humans even though it's not the same planet we're living on ? Yes !

sorry by the perfect solar system I meant ours was at first, it's amazing how it supports so many different lifeforms, all with different requirements, surely that could be no accident....

yeah they say that planet is habitable whether or not that transforms to being 100% stable for human life is another matter, even that much I heard on the news, they are having to investigate it properly.

as for me, well it happened to be chance of course we all know about reproduction, it all depends on the combination of your mother's egg and the fathers sperm, but if you think about it the chances of having someone exactly like yourself in every way are very narrow, it's said that each person has their own unique finger print

also there is a possibility that god did not just create earth as the only habitable planet just for us all, there are changes he decided to make other planets that are habitable, you just never know, thing is I don't have all the answers, I'm only human

anyway like I said it's just my view.

PS VITA = LIFE

jneul said:
highwaystar101 said:
jneul said:

no i accept god could have started the big-bang but it was no accident that's what i ment, which is why the universe is so complicated, just my view of course.

Sorry, I didn't get that

In that case you need to extend this to the anthropic principle, which is my view. Essentially it is the notion that it takes life to observe life, and no matter how unlikely life is, the illusion of high chances is removed because only life can recognise that life exists.

I liken it to winning the lottery. Reality is a place full of astronomical odds, but with those astroomical odds are high numbers to accommodate them. Week in week out people win the lottery, but the odds of you winning are astronomical.

Only those who win the lottery know what it is like to live the life of a lottery winner, and the average person is extremely unlikely to live that life, yet some people do.

I see life as very similar to this.

This all also assumes that we are the only combination of life that can exist. That us fleshy Carbon based life forms are the only ones.

In a different Universe with different laws of physics another type of life would exist. A lifeform in a Universe with no gravity would be different to us, but it has been hypothesised and well supported that such life can exist. A lifeform in a Universe with little Carbon could probably use Silicon as their base element.

We mustn't forget the very real likelihood that our type of life is the type of life that is supported by our universe, yet in another universe with different laws of nature a different type of life will exist.

highwaystar101 said:
jneul said:
highwaystar101 said:
jneul said:

Sorry, I didn't get that

In that case you need to extend this to the anthropic principle, which is my view. Essentially it is the notion that it takes life to observe life, and no matter how unlikely life is, the illusion of high chances is removed because only life can recognise that life exists.

I liken it to winning the lottery. reality is a place full of desperate odd, but with those desperate odds are high numbers to accommodate them. Week in week out people win the lottery, but the odds of you winning are astronomical.

Only those who win the lottery know what it is like to live the life of a lottery winner, and the average person is extremely unlikely to live that life, yet people do.

This all also assumes that we are the only combination of life that can exist. That us fleshy Carbon based life forms are the only ones.

In a different Universe with different laws of physics another type of life would exist. A lifeform in a Universe with no gravity would be different to us, but it has been hypothesised and well supported that such life can exist. A lifeform in a Universe with little Carbon could probably use Silicon as their base element.

We mustn't forget the very real likelihood that our type of life is the type of life that is supported by our universe, yet in another universe with different laws of nature a different type of life will exist.

in a way that makes a lot of sense to me when I actually think about it, I just never did, in a way you are right and we could have adapted to our environment to put it in simple terms, I mean just look at people who ,live in hotter areas of the earth they are more resilient to the heat but feel the cold more, and people who went to live at higher altitude's have stated it took them a while to adapt and they thought it would be impossible to have children in new situations, but it eventually happened and apparently the children were acclimatised, just some info I found out on the internet

does this make sense to you, did I understand right??

PS VITA = LIFE