By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Dinosaurs co-existed with man.

Wow, we have some strong non-believers in this forum. I can't wait till I prove you all wrong :)

Around the Network

we will only know when revelations comes true

OT: different people have different beliefs, I myself believe the universe too complicated to be created by accident (i.e big bang), just think about what it would take to create the perfect solar system for earth and it just happened to be habitable, funny if it happened by accident, because that would be lucky

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

jneul said:

OT: different people have different beliefs, I myself believe the universe too complicated to be created by accident (i.e big bang), just think about what it would take to create the perfect solar system for earth and it just happened to be habitable, funny if it happened by accident, because that would be lucky

lucky indeed, but the universe is much larger than you could ever imagine and even if only 0,000000001% of all planets were habitable, you as an individual absolutely NEED to live on one of those to even be able to think about it.

It's like playing lottery with an insane amount of numbers to draw, someone will win, it's only a matter of time.

jneul said:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gliese_581_g

Habitable planets may not be that far fetched :p

jneul said:

Given how large the universe is and the vast number of galaxies it contains, each one of which contains a vast number of solar systems, many of which have planets, I would say it would be extremely unlucky if such a solar system didn't exist!!

Around the Network
Feylic said:
jneul said:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gliese_581_g

Habitable planets may not be that far fetched :p

I heard about that on the news still it's an amazing thing, i think it's beyond most people's comprehension, anyway each to their own like i said

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

jneul said:

So since you don't understand it,it has to be god? or a creater. Normal attitude for humans. The sun gives us life, I don't know what it is there for, it must be the sun god. Thousands of religions came from not knowing why things happend and then disproved later due to science and logic.  Then we just went and made up a new one. remember you can't control people if you don't have some sort of fear installed in them. I'm not saying I don't believe in a after life but a creater, come on. after all information and energy never disappears, it just changes. so has always been and always well be, so in that maybe you can call energy god.

By the way they do have a theory of everything coming together.  Quantum Physics and a new thoery of a multiverse are coming together to form the idea. In easy terms, they think that two multi verses collided and this is what caused the bang also the creation of hydrogen. We have some great science and supporting facts all the way from Milliseconds after the big bang until present day.

your thoery on creating the perfect living conditions, they just found another planet that is in that comfort zone(Gliese 581g).  It's only 20 light yrs away. this is very close to us in space time.  Are galaxy alone is 100,000 light years accross. The problem is that it is very hard to find planets like this in the glare of there star. If we found something only 20 light years away from us, this leaves us to beilieve  that this is not uncommon and there most likely  is many earth like planets orbiting stars. On top of that there are over 400,000,000,000 stars in our galaxy and we are only one of billions of galaxies, which all of those galaxies have billions of stars as well. it's shear numbers.

http://news.discovery.com/space/earth-like-planet-life.html

Science is cool and giving in and saying, oh thats to hard is just not a answer.  Look it up, watch the science channel. there is a lot of info to learn.

bannedagain said:
jneul said:

So since you don't understand it,it has to be god? or a creater. Normal attitude for humans. The sun gives us life, I don't know what it is there for, it must be the sun god. Thousands of religions came from not knowing why things happend and then disproved later due to science and logic.  Then we just went and made up a new one. remember you can't control people if you don't have some sort of fear installed in them. I'm not saying I don't believe in a after life but a creater, come on. after all information and energy never disappears, it just changes. so has always been and always well be, so in that maybe you can call energy god.

By the way they do have a theory of everything coming together.  Quantum Physics and a new thoery of a multiverse are coming together to form the idea. In easy terms, they think that two multi verses collided and this is what caused the bang also the creation of hydrogen. We have some great science and supporting facts all the way from Milliseconds after the big bang until present day.

your thoery on creating the perfect living conditions, they just found another planet that is in that comfort zone(Gliese 581g).  It's only 20 light yrs away. this is very close to us in space time.  Are galaxy alone is 100,000 light years accross. The problem is that it is very hard to find planets like this in the glare of there star. If we found something only 20 light years away from us, this leaves us to beilieve  that this is not uncommon and there most likely  is many earth like planets orbiting stars. On top of that there are over 400,000,000,000 stars in our galaxy and we are only one of billions of galaxies, which all of those galaxies have billions of stars as well. it's shear numbers.

http://news.discovery.com/space/earth-like-planet-life.html

Science is cool and giving in and saying, oh thats to hard is just not a answer.  Look it up, watch the science channel. there is a lot of info to learn.

It's just a matter of opinion, i'm not here to impose my view on other people, and accuse me of not understanding all you want i do understand it, but think differently and respect your views, anyways thanks for the link

also i don't believe in the religious views of controlling people, that is a bad way to do things, which is why i don;t do church, just believe in god and jesus, i am allowed to have my own view right??

finally like other people have pointed out my views are subjective as to what i was taught as a kid by my mum, so it's kind of hard to change my view as much as it's hard for you all to beleive in god, sorry thats the last thing i will say

PS VITA = LIFE

Okay, this is going to be fun, Kent Hovind got a mention. That always leads to sound debate!

Wiintendo said:

@highwaystar101

Yes, you understand right, I'm a Young Earth Bible Believing Authorized King James Using Self Professed Christian.

Geological column - stratigraphic layers, radiometric dating, carbon dating, and all the like have been address and explained numerous times by creation scientists many times before.

Of their ilk Kent Hovind is the creationist with whom I agree most with, I've also studied his work more so than other creationists.  If you'd like to understand these points better, and at the same time gaining both sides of the argument I'd recommend watching some debates (may'be search for some with your favorite scientists.)

First things first. I am well aware of who Kent Hovind is. I want to tell you right now that the man is not trustworthy, he genuinely thinks that an ice shield could exist around Earth without collapsing within a day and destroy the Earth. I've listened to most of his arguments and all of them show a complete lack of understanding of science. I could offer rebuttals to his arguments until I'm blue in the face. And I know most of the creationist arguments and I've seen the debates. I know both sides very well.

Anyway, back to Mr Hovind. You may note that I called him Mr Hovind, and not Dr Hovind. This is for the very good reason that his PhD is from a well known diploma mill, he barely had to do anything to achieve it. I've sat and read his PhD thesis, and as someone who is currently doing a PhD I can tell you that it would never even remotely come to pass in a real University. It's not even high school level. Just to list a few gaping problems with his thesis that would cause it to fail at any real University...

• It is all the first person,
  • He outright admits extreme bias, and holds the bias all the way through,
  • He makes no references, or at least references that are of any value,
  • He doesn't structure it correctly, to the point that the pages aren't even numbered,
  • He makes major sweeping assumptions without anything to back him up,
  • There is nothing of publishable quality for the academic arena,
  • It was reviewed by one person... This should involve at least four people.
  • He purposefully misrepresents data many times.
  • And the big one... He makes absolutely no original contribution to knowledge, which is pretty much the foundation of all PhD theses.
There's Mr Hovind in a nutshell. He is an intellectually dishonest fraudster, who knows nothing of the scientific processes he talks about. He doesn't even know the difference between a genome and a chromosome, yet he wants to refute evolution despite not even knowing the basic terminology. It's just nonsense form the start.
As for the creationist arguments, I find that creationists are all too ready to massively misrepresent the dating processes that scientists go through.
Creationists always claim that it is prone to errors, well guess what scientists that date artefacts understand the risk of errors intimately. They don't avoid acknowledging these potential errors, they take them on.
Scientists understand how to overcome these errors to date an artefact within a reasonable limit (less than 10% off for example), and they have many methods of calibration to understand that their methos of dating are correct.
I went through this in an earlier post with carbon dating. There are potential errors with Carbon dating, but scientists understand these and they understand how to avoid the errors, so that near enough all samples are dated reliably. I wont repeat myself, so I would like you to offer a rebuttal to that post.
In short to say that we can accurately calibrate Carbon dating methods used on trees to tree rings to see that it is reasonably accurate, which means we accept that it works for other lifeforms. Also a scientist wouldn't date a sample that would give an error, it would make no sense.
I can guarantee that Kent Hovind, Ted Haggard, Ray Comfort, Andrew Sclafly, Kirk Cameron or whoever else misinterprets the risk of errors greatly. I know this because I've watched their videos and read their work, and I've heard them do it time and time again.
-Edit-
VGchartz wont let me put multiple spaces in the second part for some reason. Sorry about that.