By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - I Believe COD:BO (PS3) Will Better Reach's 1st Week What Do U Believe In?

psrock said:

Once again this pre-order thing is giving us a false sense of actual sales.  Halo Reach beat MW2 in pre-orders  but did not actually outsell it anywhere.

It outsold it in my heart! *shakes fist*

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

Around the Network

Probably not.

Reach did what, 4 million?

And MW2 did 3.2 million on PS3.

My prediction for Black Ops first week is about 2-2.5 million.

Black Ops won't be as big as MW2 in my opinion, at least not first week (it might do well lifetime).

chapset said:

I think lawl, ps3 is not a shooter box

It just wishes it was so its sales would go up.

I think it could surpass Reach but around 3.4 million is my guess.

i think it will sell around 3 million first week, hopefully sells less so activision gets alittle mad that its ok shooter didnt beat the king of console shooters ( halo reach ).

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

As I said earlier...

I think the best Black Ops PS3 can do is about 3.5 Million week 1.

Around the Network
raptors11 said:

Probably not.

Reach did what, 4 million?

And MW2 did 3.2 million on PS3.

My prediction for Black Ops first week is about 2-2.5 million.

Black Ops won't be as big as MW2 in my opinion, at least not first week (it might do well lifetime).

:O

You have it all wrong. It will have a better FW (or very similar) to MW2 since it will be very front-loaded but won't have as much legs as MW2.

Dont think so. That would be wierd and just crazy. Dont want to judge BO out, but Treyarch isnt my favourite. Reach, Goty so far.

"I think lawl, ps3 is not a shooter box"

IF we look at both consoles top 10 best selling game we can find for 360 - 5 FPS and 4 FPS in the PS3 list.

360 just sells more sw. (And FPS has been the biggest genre in many years)

the sales right now are okay for me, Zero is a success it would be a flop if it gets more than that.

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

I don't think it will. I'm hoping the general public is starting to get sick of the same garbage every year and might take a break on this one. In addition GT5 comes out the week before so many gamers out there will already have a better game in their hands.

I'm guessing it'll do around 3.25 mill on PS3 for week 1. It's unfortunate that number is so high.