By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - I Believe COD:BO (PS3) Will Better Reach's 1st Week What Do U Believe In?

kowenicki said:

I'm more interested in knowing which PS3 exclusive will be the first to better the Reach or Halo 3 first week?

stop trieng to twist the rebirth of this thread! people cursed bhr for making such a prediction and he needs his honor back!

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
zgamer5 said:
kowenicki said:

I'm more interested in knowing which PS3 exclusive will be the first to better the Reach or Halo 3 first week?

stop trieng to twist the rebirth of this thread! people cursed bhr for making such a prediction and he needs his honor back!

I guess so... after all those other off predictions guesses he made.  Fair play.   Keep putting them out there and you'll get one right eventually.

And dont go all defensive for BHR, he likes the banter... go ask him. 

from what i remember he did 4 predictions this year, two of them are wrong. one is correct and the other has to do with 2011, thats without the predcitions he made in ww up threads.

i dont know if he likes it or not, but atleast he can have the joy of laughing at the people who cursed him, even though its once in a while.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

Congras man... you was right again.

First week: Black Ops (PS3) >>> Halo: Reach.

Great prediction.

I am here to officially order my dish of crow, I need some hot sauce with a soda on the side!!

I was almost wrong OP and I apologize on behalf of the XBox Defense Force for doubting the potential of it being passed - it was very close!

It's just that simple.

Around the Network
BHR-3 said:

I'll attempt my PR for COD BO PS3 in hope for more sales

COD BO is not like other COD games prior just look at the environments in these vids notice the caves and lush jungle environments.. Uncharted anyone?

Im sure were all in agreement that weve had our fill of World War II first-person-shooters. And with the aforementioned Medal of Honor, Modern Warfare 2 and countless other cookie-cutter FPSes all set in modern times aping the current Middle-Eastern conflict, already it seems were ready for a change

Well Black Ops late 70s, early 80s cold war setting seems very appropriate and particularly time, especially given that the 80s have seen something of a revival lately
What we’ve seen of Black Ops so far is reminiscent of classic films such as Apocalypse Now, The Deer Hunter, Rambo and Commando, really evocative moments in cinema that have largely been untouched by games and I think its about time they were explored

Treyarch head Mark Lamia has said that the game is 'epic in scope', being focused around a story that 'has meaning and character and will be multi-threaded'. Perhaps more of an indication that Treyarch will be giving the Cold War an ambiguous, mutli-sided treatment?

CoD: BO is using the same full-actor motion-capture technology as Avatar. That means that not just gestures, but whole performances are captured, right down to facial expressions and line delivery. Expect some serious emoting this time around.

It looks like Treyarch is following Modern Warfare's lead in terms of big action movie set-pieces. Cliff-diving and rappelling through windows are already in.

Character Customization
This is the first time you can customize your character in this much detail in the Call of Duty series. It’s something that will make each individual unique obviously. But even better, you will be able to create your own logos that go on your guns and your gamer tag. That’s also something new for Call of Duty. 

New Overall Game Play

In the past few releases, we have seen the same old game with a different look. This time around they are making many changes and even giving us some new techniques to use. For example, now you will be able to dive and roll. That’s something that is going to make this game different all around and how you battle online. Imagine being able to run from and enemy and dive through a window to make your escape.

Zombies Are Back
They were an instant hit in World at War. They even had iphone apps and more just to play this. Well, it’s back with upgrades, new challenges, perks and lots more. So if you’re a Zombies Junkie, here’s your chance at round 2.

Dedicated Servers Available
Tired of hackers and cheaters? Want to host your own Black Ops Server? Perhaps you want to host your own tournaments? Well, now you have the opportunity to have your own server with basically no lag and only the gamers you want to play with

Combat Theater

allows player to record and edit there games and upload them for the world to see. Whether you a hardcore gamer or just a gamer who wants to record some great time with friends, Combat theater will surely catch your attention. But that is not even the best part. With combat theatre Treyach can look and find any player that is boosting, hacking or modding. Thus making it hard for them to cheat and great for players who want to play the game right. Since this is in the game there won’t be any more modded lobbies or boosters that took over  Mw2′s FFA lobbies.

Modes and Co-op

The only new game modes in MW2 were Spec Ops and Barebones. Nothing really new there, just co-op missions that you could play with 1 friend. Now unlike MW2 Black Ops will have six new game modes. Two will be well thought reiterations and the rest will be completely new and are certainly going to entertain you to death. The two reiterations will be Barebones playlists. One of the playlists named classic TDM will have no attachments and kill streaks will be set at 3-5-7. The other mode dubbed Pure Barebones will remove all the players attachment, perks, and killstreaks. We also have a unnamed co-op mode that has yet to be announced. The return of Nazi Zombies is there for player s who buy the Prestige and Hardened Editions of the game. Then there are the wager modes (Sticks and Stones, One in the Chamber, Gun Game). These are the best additions as they are really gonna make some great competitive gameplay.

Split Screen

Call of Duty: Black Ops will be the first in the franchise to feature a two player splitscreen multiplayer as well as a offline combat training mode.

Yes now even you Drath can enjoy the attack dog perk with one bite it can kill the enemy

Reasons to buy it on PS3 over 360

Just look at the box arts notice that the PS3s looks more natural b/c of the black banner this thing was made to be purchased on the PS3, also you can always enjoy all the online MP features on PS3 for free

guess my work with this one is done, must of been the box art that made so many people buy BO on the PS3 as compared to it's MW2 ratio same week last yr MW2 360 9.3, PS3 6.5 BO 10.6 vs 8.4 and thats all with 360 getting DLC early who would of thought that happen

on to KZ3 next KZ2 did 2M end of 09 then really fizzled out still at 2 and half what will 3 do end of 2011? i think it'll easily get pass 3M

Play Me

people bought it a bit more on ps3 because of halo silly why would you want to play call of duty when u have halo

cod is too huge it should got down in max 2 years

LOL AT GUY WHO THINKS HALO REACH PLAYERS WERE DISSAPOINTED