By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - RUMOR - LBP2 DELAYED to 2011!!!!!!

Micromania lists LittleBigPlanet 2 for a January 29 release next year

Yesterday, we reported via PS3Gen that LittleBigPlantet 2 might be pushed back into 2011. After inquiring with Sony aswell as putting our thinking caps on, we are not too pleased with what direction this is starting to take.

Firstly, a Sony rep replied to our inquiry about whether this was true or not. The email read that “we don’t comment on rumors or speculation”. Not very soothing since most of the times, that turns out to be a confirmation rather than a denial.

Secondly, it appears that LBP2′s official Japanese website has it listed for a 2011 release aswell as opposed to it’s previous listing of a November release this year. So, the title getting delayed into 2011 in Japan is pretty much a given now.

But, that’s not all. After a bit of snooping around, one of our readers have pointed out that Micromania – The popular videogames retail website has LittleBigPlanet 2 listed for a January 29 release next year. They had it listed for a November release previously. IF this holds true then it will affect EU and other territories aswell and the title will be pushed back to 2011.

The signs are looking ominous indeed and the title looks set to be delayed into next year.

SUPPORTING RUMOR's:

Original Story -

Rumour : LittleBigPlanet 2 might be pushed back into 2011

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

That would be quite annoying since I've been getting so excited for it lately.  If it comes true I'm not sure what I'll review for November.

Torillian said:

That would be quite annoying since I've been getting so excited for it lately.  If it comes true I'm not sure what I'll review for November.

There must be some JRPG coming out

lol

darthdevidem01 said:
Torillian said:

lol

Not one on a platform I own ; ;

I'll have to just be happy with Pixeljunk Shooter 2 or something.

edit: I will say that the delay would surprise me since publishers are always trying to shoot for that just before the holidays window.

Torillian said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Torillian said:

lol

ermm there is another big PS3 game in November.....GT5.

Around the Network

Oh no !!!

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E

darthdevidem01 said:
Torillian said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Torillian said:

lol

ermm there is another big PS3 game in November.....GT5.

You obviously haven't tried taking a sim racer review away from Machina, he gets very catty.

god i hope not ive really been looking forward to this game, id be really pissed if they delayed it this close to launch

on the one hand: i can understand why sony wouldn't want to crowd a push for Move and GT and LBP all at the same time.

on the other hand:  FUUUUUUUCK YOU SONY IF TRUE.  >_<

shit, i was looking forward to LBP2

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...