By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - RUMOR - LBP2 DELAYED to 2011!!!!!!

wenlan said:

judging the ad is in Japanese and the released date of LBP2 at Amazon Japan

this game is supposed to be released next year in Japan

what "delay"?

japanese gamers will be too busy to play LBP2 this holiday season anyway

Yeah, thiking about it I'm pretty sure the Japanese date has always been in 2011.  Hell, they just "announced" it for Japan prior to TGS, with that mysterious teaser and all.

Between that and stuff I'm reading from the beta thread on gaf, I think this is all just a big false alarm.

The NDA for beta testers ended yesterday, btw, and you can now find lots of info over on gaf about new levels and gameplay features:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=403944&page=19

Open beta has now officially begun, and as such more codes should be going out later this week.

Around the Network

first Socom 4 and now(well possibly) LBP2!!!

my fanboy heart can't take anymore!!! besides 2011 is already fuckin packed!!!

OH NOES! I was supposed to get this for free in 8-10 weeks! Now it'll be 18-20 Weeks!

19:44:34 Skeezer METAL GEAR ONLINE
19:44:36 Skeezer FAILURE
19:44:51 ABadClown You're right!
19:44:55 ABadClown Hur hur hur
19:45:01 Skeezer i meant
19:45:04 Skeezer YOU ARE A FAILKURE
19:45:08 Skeezer FAILURE*

Confirmed:

"LittleBigPlanet 2 is a crazy dream, a dream to allow players to make whatever kind of game they want, but also to play though a great adventure of drama and excitement, power-ups, and cinematics. But like all of the most ambitious ideas, it can be a considerable challenge to turn these dreams in fun games. We’ve all been working like powered-up space ninjas and we’re almost there, but because we love what we’ve made, and we love our little sack-friends, and most of all we love all our fans out there, we couldn’t let you all get together until we knew we were giving you the best experience imaginable. Which is why we’ve taken the hard decision to delay the worldwide release of LittleBigPlanet 2, originally slated for later this year to January 2011.

We know this will come as disappointing news for all you LittleBigPlanet fans, and believe us, we are disappointed too. We are a tight-knit team and we take enormous pride in our work, so to raise the bar we’ve set with the original LittleBigPlanet, a game that has been so embraced by all, we’ve agreed to allow ourselves a bit more time to deliver the experience that our great fans and community deserve. We are truly sorry, but hope you understand that we have to build the best possible game, as it is the foundation of our community.

On the upside, we are going to find a way to give more of you a taste of LBP2 prior to launch, so stay tuned.

Thanks for your continued love and support, it won’t be long – we promise."

Source: http://www.littlebigplanet.com/en-gb/news/article/important_news_regarding_the_release_date_of_littlebigplanet_2/

as I said in the gamrfeed article:

RRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!! WHAT THE FUCK!!!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

*cough* sorry for my moment of weakness, but damn I was really looking foward to this...

Around the Network

I can't believe how awful Sony is at holding dates this generation.

This really puts them in a bad place for the holidays.  The last really decent game was God of War III back in March.  This will means gamers have waited 7 months for a real game when GT5 releases. 

And another thing.  Sony isn't shipping a A, AA, or AAA exclusive game this holiday that has a story.  I find that amazing.

Price cut incoming?  Or how will they make 15 million shipped by March 31?

damn it!!!!!!!!! dont know how im pissed right know!!! i mean are sony crazy!! they could release it and then bring in a patch!!!!!!!!!!!!! i mean really kz2 socom 4 infamous 2 lbp2 all in q1 HOW THE HELL ARE THESE GAMES GOING TO HAVE DECENT SALES especially lbp2 which is mostly bought by casuals.

im sorry sony but this move is worse then putting the ps3 at 600$. let me guess kaz had to do with it?

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

zgamer5 said:

damn it!!!!!!!!! dont know how im pissed right know!!! i mean are sony crazy!! they could release it and then bring in a patch!!!!!!!!!!!!! i mean really kz2 socom 4 infamous 2 lbp2 all in q1 HOW THE HELL ARE THESE GAMES GOING TO HAVE DECENT SALES especially lbp2 which is mostly bought by casuals.

im sorry sony but this move is worse then putting the ps3 at 600$. let me guess kaz had to do with it?

Well hopefully Killzone 3 gets delayed to give LBP2 some room!

tehehe

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
zgamer5 said:

Well hopefully Killzone 3 gets delayed to give LBP2 some room!

tehehe

what? i also want infamous 2 delayed. they should in q1 socom 4 lbp2 q2 kz3. q4 r3 infamous 2 ratchet and clank. and keep ff versus 13 twisted metal unchrated 3 and tlg for 2012.(i forgot about motorstorm it should also be moved to q2)

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

... Fuck. LittleBigPlanet 2 was by far my most anticipated game of the year, except for (Maybe) DKC Returns.

Well, at least it'll now be a little easier to decide, which games I'm going to buy this holiday.