By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The One Piece relaunch HYPE Thread

Mr Khan said:
Galaki said:

Only 90 days? I thought most of the passing days were just during uneventful travelling that's not covered?

According to the One Piece wiki, that's not the case.

http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Timeskip

Only a couple of days in between islands, usually. Before the big time skip, the longest amounts of time spent in any one place were the week they spent at Baratie while Luffy had to pay off his debt for blowing a hole in the roof, the Alabasta Arc (which between all the overland travelling and a few days of recovery gets up above a week or so), and the two weeks after the Whitebeard War but before the current time skip

Hell, all the events from Sabaody Archipelago up to the end of the War itself took only 10 days.

Kinda weird that 13 years of one piece awesomeness took place in a month and a half :P

Around the Network
kopstudent89 said:
Mr Khan said:
Galaki said:

Only 90 days? I thought most of the passing days were just during uneventful travelling that's not covered?

Only a couple of days in between islands, usually. Before the big time skip, the longest amounts of time spent in any one place were the week they spent at Baratie while Luffy had to pay off his debt for blowing a hole in the roof, the Alabasta Arc (which between all the overland travelling and a few days of recovery gets up above a week or so), and the two weeks after the Whitebeard War but before the current time skip

Hell, all the events from Sabaody Archipelago up to the end of the War itself took only 10 days.

Kinda weird that 13 years of one piece awesomeness took place in a month and a half :P

That's what makes this so damn huge. In 90 days, Luffy went from struggling to beat Buggy to being able to at least survive against all the Shichibukai and admirals. All of them have grown pretty significantly in strength (except Franky and Brook, but they weren't around that long), so imagine what 730 additional days could do

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:
kopstudent89 said:
Mr Khan said:
Galaki said:

That's what makes this so damn huge. In 90 days, Luffy went from struggling to beat Buggy to being able to at least survive against all the Shichibukai and admirals. All of them have grown pretty significantly in strength (except Franky and Brook, but they weren't around that long), so imagine what 730 additional days could do

Now that i think abt it... Holy crap!! I think i definitely have to reread one piece! That way i can catch up

I CANT FUCKIN WAIT! thats all.

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

Bumping for HYPE.

Who do you think they'll fight against first? Will Luffy get revenge against Akainu soon, or will they save that for the finale?

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:

Bumping for HYPE.

Who do you think they'll fight against first? Will Luffy get revenge against Akainu soon, or will they save that for the finale?

No way Akainu vs. Luffy is finale. That would be so.. unepic.

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.

Man I really cant wait .... Oh hardest four weeks of my life :P

And by the way I might be mistaken but Luffys adventure till now has taken about a year and not 90 days ...

I say this because I remember oda stating that luffy started the adventure at 17 years of age and he was reaching 18 soon or something like that ... duno :D

Robin vs Aokiji would make a lot of sense, but the problem is the haki requirement for her to do so. Robin's "color" is likely on the mantra side of things, and not the Kuja side.

I would like to see Kizaru fight Sanji actually, epic kick battles ahoy

Though i suppose it could go either way for Akainu. Luffy could just kick his ass right out of the gate to sort of show how much he's grown, or they'll save it for the very end (because if not Akainu and the other admirals and Shichibukai, who will be the final battle? Who could they introduce that would be that much more of a threat?)

I'll also toss in a bet that Usopp is going to develop Kairoseki weaponry of some sort, just because nobody's really bothered to exploit that aside from Smoker with his metal rod thing.

This how everything for the first couple of chapters.

1) Acknowledgement of Straw Hats strenghts throughout those 2 years

2) After meeting in Sabaody Archipelago they head off for Mermaid Island

3) Where Luffy learns that the marines have captured Jinbei

"Life is but a gentle death. Fate is but a sickness that results in extinction and in the midst of all the uncertainty, lies resolve."

2 DAYS!!