By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bobby Kotick insults every independant developer other than Bungie

Kennyheart said:

Japanese Pop Culture Otaku

Around the Network
Rainbird said:
mike_intellivision said:
Rainbird said:
mike_intellivision said:

Sounds like a self-serving proclamation to me.

And if you are their publisher, they are not so indepedent.

Of course it's self-serving, but anyone who knows something about the industry and how it works will know that Bungie are by far not the only independant developers left who produce high quality games. If I were an investor, Bobby would lose a lot of credit saying something like that.

And they're still an independant developer, even if they have a deal with Activision.

On the independence, it depends on the contract and whether Activision has approval rights of what it publishes and what happens to things it refuses.

Remember the big controversy with Brutal Legend. Activision did not want to publish it because it could not become a series but then wanted to prevent EA from publishing it. In other words, it (Activision) potentially holds all the cards in this  relationships. And that would  severely limit the "independence" of Bungie.

Bungie retain the rights to the IP though, so they're still independant in their work.

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/28299/Activision_Inks_TenYear_Multiplatform_Bungie_Deal.php

I bet IW thought they were Independent before Activision puled that stunt on them to.    

Japanese Pop Culture Otaku

what an ignorant prick.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

Goodness i hope he's not planning on raping the shit out of bungie, did they sign a contract ? or its just temporarly?

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

Around the Network

Does this guy eats drugs at breakfast?

Above: still the best game of the year.

Like I said, best troll in the business! 

Beuli2 said:

Does this guy eats drugs at breakfast?

No he eat Developer's funds

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

Reach will be the last Bungie developed game I buy.

Nothing wrong with being confident. It's self-serving,nothing more.