By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Prelim PS MOVE Sales IN! (140K Worldwide)!! Are you pleased?!!

Prelim PS MOVE Sales IN! (140K Worldwide)!! Are you pleased?!!

AMAZING SALES 161 23.27%

BOOO! 119 17.20%

MEH! 412 59.54%

Total:692
BenVTrigger said:
leo-j said:
BenVTrigger said:

Decent opening but largely very MEH.

But it does seem Move will sell enough hardware to receive development support from third parties which is great for Move owners.  I think as a whole Move will be successful but do very little in terms of challenging the Wii solely because of PS3's motion control.  

I disagree..

my prediction stands as it is

name me ONE single reason why the Move would cause PS3 to outsell the Wii.  I'm not saying PS3 can't start outselling WIi but if it does it will be for reasons other than Move.

Why would an average consumer pay 200 more dollars to play motion controls on the PS3?  Even if they're more responsive?  Most mainstream consumers don't care and the Wii's success isn't just because of motion control its because Nintendo perfected how to target that demographic with software and advertising as well.

I think Move will be a great success BUT really does nothing in terms of taking sales away from the Wii. 

maybe sony should let you use wii motes for the move! and steal their thunder... but >_> that's probably illegal and wouldn't work.

forget you read this

Around the Network

140 k  is not worldwide,  it hasnt been released in Japan

Pretty decent. We couldn't really have expected much more, given that there are pretty much no games supporting it at this point, save Sports Champions, a couple of decent party games and some assorted shovelware. Core games are starting to support it, but marketing hasn't begun for these yet, or indeed, really, for PS Move at all.

It's clear Sony wasn't expecting a large first week - they'll probably want this to sell over the holidays.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

BenVTrigger said:
leo-j said:
BenVTrigger said:

But it does seem Move will sell enough hardware to receive development support from third parties which is great for Move owners.  I think as a whole Move will be successful but do very little in terms of challenging the Wii solely because of PS3's motion control.  

I disagree..

name me ONE single reason why the Move would cause PS3 to outsell the Wii.  I'm not saying PS3 can't start outselling WIi but if it does it will be for reasons other than Move.

Why would an average consumer pay 200 more dollars to play motion controls on the PS3?  Even if they're more responsive?  Most mainstream consumers don't care and the Wii's success isn't just because of motion control its because Nintendo perfected how to target that demographic with software and advertising as well.

I think Move will be a great success BUT really does nothing in terms of taking sales away from the Wii. 

because it's one reason not to get a wii, and one more reason to get a ps3 instead

think about it.. what's the consumer ganna pick this holiday season?

The machine that..

Does Blu ray

Has the biggest games of the holiday season (GT5, LBP2, COD BLACK OPS, ASSASSINS CREED BH, MOTION GAMES)

Does 3D (considering 3D TV is likely going to be a huge seller this holiday season, the PS3 will be one of the cheapest 3D BLU RAY MOVIE players, and is the only machine out there that will be able to play STEREOTIPIC 3D and have 3D games out already)

Does everything..?

really it's the best bang for your buck.. even if you look at the 320GB MOVE BUNDLE.. it's really the best option for any consumer looking for a gaming machine..

now will they know that? That's up to sony, but the "IT ONLY DOES EVERYTHING" adverts, are surely going to help

mM
Around the Network

Remember The Eyepet!

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

leo-j said:

because it's one reason not to get a wii, and one more reason to get a ps3 instead

The machine that..

Does Blu ray

Has the biggest games of the holiday season (GT5, LBP2, COD BLACK OPS, ASSASSINS CREED BH, MOTION GAMES)

Does 3D (considering 3D TV is likely going to be a huge seller this holiday season, the PS3 will be one of the cheapest 3D BLU RAY MOVIE players, and is the only machine out there that will be able to play STEREOTIPIC 3D and have 3D games out already)

Does everything..?

really it's the best bang for your buck.. even if you look at the 320GB MOVE BUNDLE.. it's really the best option for any consumer looking for a gaming machine..

now will they know that? That's up to sony, but the "IT ONLY DOES EVERYTHING" adverts, are surely going to help

First off, PS3 owners have been saying these exact same things since the PS3 launched.  Every year we hear this is the year of the PS3 and it never comes to fruition.  

Now I agree that the PS3 is an EXCELLENT product with great software and now motion control BUT also like I said if the PS3 starts outselling the Wii it will be for reasons other than Move.  Like all the ones you listed.  The fact is that an average consumer is not going to spend over 200 dollars more just to buy a more accurate version of the WIi.  

The Move is hardly the big selling point for the PS3.  A great addition but not something significant enough to make people who want motion control say, oh I think I'll buy that over the Wii, and even to a lesser extent Kinect.  

leo-j said:
BenVTrigger said:
leo-j said:
BenVTrigger said:

I disagree..

The machine that..

Does Blu ray

Does everything..?

I'm pretty sure that people will choose the Wii over the PS3 regardless of Sonys advertising.

good for sony!

Meh, it's just a fad that will die soon, once teh cazuals get bored of playing Sports Champions ;)