By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Prelim PS MOVE Sales IN! (140K Worldwide)!! Are you pleased?!!

Prelim PS MOVE Sales IN! (140K Worldwide)!! Are you pleased?!!

AMAZING SALES 161 23.27%

BOOO! 119 17.20%

MEH! 412 59.54%

Total:692

Overall a decent launch, but I also didn't expect it to do stellar in it's first week.

Around the Network

Come on, people.

ONE DAY SALES

It's great.

what I´m interested in seeing is how much hardware it can move

I still have one question though.

Are all shops in the US closed on Saturdays or why do I constantly get to hear that *insert game/hardware* only had one day of sales ?

Usually it's about the opening of Wii games in Europe, even though 95% of all games on all platforms are released on a Friday here. Still it's always 2 days of sales.

hallowedbeeddie said:

what I´m interested in seeing is how much hardware it can move

America only: "Of this, around 10,000 units were bundled with PS3 hardware."

So 10.000 new ps3 users is fact.

Around the Network

The PlayStation Move is a controller, an accessory, a peripheral.  So is the Dual Shock 3, so is the Blu-Ray Remote, so is the Bluetooth Headset, so is the Textpad.  It's going to do what it's designed for which is to give another another option to control some games (for better or worse) while allowing to play games that was designed specifically for the Move.  There is too much dowplaying and over hyping of the peripheral.  We have the obvious two extremes which we already know what they are.  But I would like to comment on the middle ground.  Some legit Move supporters (not the PS fanboys) might feel a "need" to defend these numbers because of the extremes who are are trying to dowplay a seemingly initial success of a controller.  As long as SONY is making money off of it, people are enjoying the Move, and software support continues for it; then everyone is happy.  Personally, I think initial sales are pretty decent for an accessory/peripheral that's partially dependent on new software purchases.

Hackers are poor nerds who don't wash.

Barozi said:

I still have one question though.

Are all shops in the US closed at Saturdays or why do I constantly to hear that *insert game/hardware* only had one day of sales ?

Usually it's about the opening of Wii games in Europe, even though 95% of all games are released on a Friday here. Still it's always 2 days of sales.

Shops here ARE open Saturdays, so I'd agree it's 2 days of sales (unless chartz tracks Saturday - Friday?).

What I find interesting is that Sony is content to let word of mouth sell the "Move" for them.  Isn't that like saying, "we aren't going to invest any money in advertising for it."? 

AND how is that a good thing, for any but the bean counters at Sony?

Hmm dissapointing. I was thinking more around the line of 500k first week.

Second week will be very interesting.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

ethomaz said:

ONE DAY SALES

NA only i think

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_Move

I already regret reading the comments of the article....