By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Greenberg says PS Move games are 'really controller-based games'

Greenberg says PS Move games are 'really controller-based games'

I disagree 16 9.52%

Agreed 36 21.43%

Maybe some are 16 9.52%

Aaron Greenberg again? 43 25.60%

Just some more worthless PR talk 31 18.45%

This poll is useless 26 15.48%

Total:168
Carl2291 said:
Mr Puggsly said:
thismeintiel said:

Is someone afraid that the two competitors' controls actually work as advertised and don't need a HUGE hype train driven by Cirque Du Soleil preceding launch?

Sony seems to be plenty of afraid. You could write a book about all the Kinect bashing they've done.

While true... What do you expect?

Microsoft have been pretty much saying they invented controller-free gaming. And have done some bullshit bashing themselves.

Sony themselves have a right to bash Kinect.

But I do find it really amusing that you've come to the thread to talk about Kinect bashing with Greenberg (once again) being dumb as fuck and trying to bash PS Move.

Don't you see, Carl?  Mr Puggsly is GREENBERG!  DUN DUN DUUUUNN! 

Seriously though, Sony's "attacks" are more tongue-in-cheek comments made through Kevin Butler, VP of Comparison Charts.  But, it's kinda sad when your main serious mouthpiece for the company does it.  Especially when his critcism doesn't amount to much, as it's really a non-issue.

Around the Network
thismeintiel said:
Carl2291 said:
Mr Puggsly said:
thismeintiel said:

Is someone afraid that the two competitors' controls actually work as advertised and don't need a HUGE hype train driven by Cirque Du Soleil preceding launch?

Sony seems to be plenty of afraid. You could write a book about all the Kinect bashing they've done.

Microsoft have been pretty much saying they invented controller-free gaming. And have done some bullshit bashing themselves.

But I do find it really amusing that you've come to the thread to talk about Kinect bashing with Greenberg (once again) being dumb as fuck and trying to bash PS Move.

Don't you see, Carl?  Mr Puggsly is GREENBERG!  DUN DUN DUUUUNN! 

Seriously though, Sony's "attacks" are more tongue-in-cheek comments made through Kevin Butler, VP of Comparison Charts.  But, it's kinda sad when your main serious mouthpiece for the company does it, though.  Especially when his critcism really doesn't amount to much, as it's really a non-issue.

All 3 companies have the high-ups who mouth off bullshit.

It's just that Greenberg does it more than any other person... Ever. And it always seems to be the dumbest bullshit too.

Greenberg comments are really bullshit-based comments.

Is that being obvious as well?

My website: Precocious Ragamuffin

That is why its called "Motion Controller"....

You use  the motion of your body you have buttons...Buttons are important as KB would say :D

Carl2291 said:
Mr Puggsly said:
thismeintiel said:

Only Sega has the right to bash...

http://www.revrob.com/sci-a-tech-topmenu-52/146-sega-activator-full-body-motion-controller

Anyhow, I wasn't even planning to comment. What Greenberg said isn't much different than what I've said about the Move before.

I just responded to what thismeintiel said.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network

Ok, there's plenty of people who have already shut this guy down for what he meant to say. So I shall shut him down for what he actually did say.

"PS move games are really controller based games"

Basically, he is saying that games designed for use with the Sony Playstation Move Controller, plus potentially the Playstation Move Sub-Controller, are designed for use with a controller. Cool story, bro

Greenburg? MS? Trash TALK? 0_0 oh noez, this can not be true....Sony is the only one who has PR talk like that!!!!!!!! Ask Puggsly

I Blame Sony! why? I dunno but Puggs think so it must be true lol

Sony BRIBED Green to do this!? 'insert JAWS music here'

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Mr Puggsly said:
Carl2291 said:
Mr Puggsly said:
thismeintiel said:

Only Sega has the right to bash...

http://www.revrob.com/sci-a-tech-topmenu-52/146-sega-activator-full-body-motion-controller

Anyhow, I wasn't even planning to comment. What Greenberg said isn't much different than what I've said about the Move before.

I just responded to what thismeintiel said.

No, DataSoft will bash EVERYONE. 

http://classicgames.about.com/od/consoleandhandheldgames/p/LeStickProfile.htm

I don't understand. Greenberg is obviously trying to have a dig at Move, but I can't see where the actual deficiency in Sony's lineup is in terms of the number and variety of games. There's a balance of motion control only titles (i.e. games that would be basically unplayable or at least not fun but for motion controls) and of games where motion control is an optional extra for those who want to use it. So he's both right and wrong at the same time, and hasn't actually made much of a point.

Quality of games is a different matter. PS3 may not have sufficient quality games to bring in the punters but Greenberg isn't going to say the lineup is shit quality. It seems to be a line the companies don't cross.

It mostly seems like Greenberg is trying to provide PR coverage for the fact that Kinect is a bit lacking in the hardcore department at launch. TGS lineup of hardcore titles suggests they've got some incoming though.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Of course they are. That's why they are actually good and they can make games like KZ3 or Socom instead of bunch of mini-games collections and fitness games on kinect ;)

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB