By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - How would one control a mech with a Kinect controller?

Any idea how movement and firing is going to be done with Kinect for Steel Batallion using Kinect?

Around the Network

you would look like an idiot  to be honest,  just imagine

I'd imagine Minority report style or Neon Genesis Style, i.e one specific motion e.g  left hand pushing forward e.g stop sign to suggest forward motion and pull it backwards to show "reverse"

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Trying to be constructive unlike the previous post.

Similiar to tank controls using two sticks.

Both hands backward moves backward.

Right hand forward turns to the left.

Left hand forward turns to the right.

Walk in place moves forward.

Head tracking to determine what you are looking at.

Control type of weapon armed with voice.  Fire by voice command or thrust arms forward like JoyRide boost.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

If the hands control movement, is it going to be possible move and shoot at the same time?  My question stems out of the, "How do you do a FPS with Kinect?"  After I heard the news, I thought, "Of course!  a mech game!  That makes sense..."  Then it was "Oh wait, how do you move and shoot with it?"

Around the Network
thx1139 said:

Control type of weapon armed with voice.  Fire by voice command or thrust arms forward like JoyRide boost.

Ok, I can see forward and back.  Thrust forward, go foward.  Thrust back, back up.

thx1139 said:

That doesn't sound appealing at all...

If this thread was made about the recent Steel Battalion announcement for Kinect, this is what Kinect has to replace:

That's the original controller that came with the game, it's the most hardcore mech game ever developed. To match the amount of depth and realism of his last game using the Kinect, the guy must either be a genius or he must be radically changing the game from it's core concept.

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

I expect the game to be pretty streamlined over SB1 to be honest, probably for the better.  And Kinect is optional, it'll have controller support too.

Doobie_wop said:
thx1139 said:

That doesn't sound appealing at all...

If this thread was made about the recent Steel Battalion announcement for Kinect, this is what Kinect has to replace:

That's the original controller that came with the game, it's the most hardcore mech game ever developed. To match the amount of depth and realism of his last game using the Kinect, the guy must either be a genius or he must be radically changing the game from it's core concept.

You ever plat Battlezone or any other tank game at the arcade. That is how they control.  You have two sticks for all movement.  No pedals were required. Pretty standard setup for every tank game I can remember.

Can add.

Both hands pushed left walk sideways left. 

Both hands pushed walk sideways right.

Never played Steel Battalion but remember reading some stuff about it. If I recall you needed to eject so you didnt die. 

Eject by putting both hands up in the air.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

You can't. They're just falsely hyping you up.

Above: still the best game of the year.