By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - New 360 4Gs Can't Play Reach's Co-Op

Mendicate Bias said:

You can use any of the old 360 hdd's on your slim to alleviate the problem. Kinda sucks but its the only workaround I know as of now. This only affect online co-op btw, not split screen co-op.

Here's a post explaining how to add a fat 360 hdd to your slim

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=23323145&postcount=9097

Thanks a lot. I'm going to do this for a friend of mine that just purchased a 360S Arcade. I can use one of my old 20Gb HDDs or buy a used 60Gb or something.

As for the OP I noticed that on the 4Gb models, when you go to system settings and look at the storage it doesn't show the Microsoft logo for the 4gigs. It shows it like it's a memory stick or flash drive.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

Around the Network

i dont belive this, an xbox title that cannot be fully enjoyed by 360 core owners? was same issue with forza 3 in that you was not allowed to have the full game even though you have paid for it because you have a core model.

this is dissapointing

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Mr Puggsly said:
Cthulhu said:

Final Fantasy XI is the only North American game truly dependent on the HDD as it requires various patches and upgrades from Square Enix

Yes I do not own this. Every other game in the list uses the hard drive to reduce loading times with optional installs

So its one game....not of a big deal dont you think?

I wasn't making a big deal out of it. I just mentioned it.

Are you in defense mode or something?

Fun fact!

Puggsly, you are in defensive/offensive mode 100% of the time, and there was nothing defensive in what Cthulhu said...Responded to you and you freak out as usual...

Just waiting for that PS Vita to come out so I can play some full featured games on the go with that beautiful screen and control scheme...

Mr Puggsly said:
Reasonable said:

No, I think that's different - and worse!  The memory cards were a simple (but hugely effective) way of getting money after the initial console sale and it was a quite deliberate policy.

What I'm talking about here is having different console versions where the entry model isn't fully enabled for all games.  With the PS1/PS2 you're talking a deliberate and upfront seperate save memory store approach.

It's a fine split between the two but I believe they're different.  The 360 issue is pretty infrequent - for the most part the entry model give you everything you need - unlike the horror of spending a fortune on a very small memory card for Playstations.

Well the PS2 Slim removed hard drive support.

God forbid you bought a PS2 Slim and wanted to play a game that made use of the hard drive.

True, although again that's more of a change of spec hitting an isolated title vs the entry level analogy.  Mind you, who on Earth even tried to use a PS2 for online?  The console really wasn't designed for it.  I actually only really remember FF online as a PC title, that's where it seemed to get some traction.

Removing it was I think a sign of Sony (incorrectly as things turned out) dismissing online play for them at that point.  No wonder PSN, etc. at launch was so weak on PS3, which at least had good tech support for going online but had to wait ages for decent SW interface.

This issue with Halo is similarly something fairly isolated - I'm just more surprised MS allowed it to happen with Halo, that's what I find more alarming.  Hopefully rather than a focus on only the HDD SKUs it's just a snafu that'll get cleared up.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Mr Puggsly said:
Cthulhu said:

Final Fantasy XI is the only North American game truly dependent on the HDD as it requires various patches and upgrades from Square Enix

Yes I do not own this. Every other game in the list uses the hard drive to reduce loading times with optional installs

Fun fact!

:)

Around the Network
Vanbierk said:

Puggsly, you are in defensive/offensive mode 100% of the time, and there was nothing defensive in what Cthulhu said...Responded to you and you freak out as usual...

I wasn't being serious. You weren't following the conversation.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
Cthulhu said:

Fun fact!

However Square Enix and Sony made clear that you needed a hdd for FFXI: it was bundled! In this case it's a hidden feature... that's the fun.

(or not?)

sorry... double post

Skeeuk said:

i dont belive this, an xbox title that cannot be fully enjoyed by 360 core owners? was same issue with forza 3 in that you was not allowed to have the full game even though you have paid for it because you have a core model.

this is dissapointing

All Forza did was give people with hard drives extra cars, you're acting like content was taken away from you when that's not true at all. Extra content was given to those with a hard drive, while those without got the basic game

disolitude said:

lol...kinda funny. ITs cheaper to buy the fat 360 than HD for the slim...

But hey...you don't buy a base model car and then complain its missing air conditioning and automatic transmission right? :)

Yes, but when you buy a game as the same price as anyone else, you should be able to utilize all the features without having to pay extra.  Paying extra should provide you with what others are not paying for.  Since the offline coop option is in the game, all systems should be able to access the option.  In regards to your "base model" example, a more appropriate option would be to have a cheaper Reach version without offline coop (get what you pay for).  Another option would to have a disclaimer on the game requiring a HDD of sufficient space to inform the consumer.

Hackers are poor nerds who don't wash.