By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - New 360 4Gs Can't Play Reach's Co-Op

SecondWar said:

This severely reduces the value of the limited edition Reach console. Though seeing as I hardly ever do co=op it doesnt bother me anyway (not that I have the limited edition console anyway)

But doesn't the Reach console have a hard drive?

If anything... that would increase the value.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network

While the entry model analogy with cars is fair I don't like the idea of the concept creeping into consoles.  "oh, you need the more expensive version to play this popular game" - isn't something I ever wanted to experience with videogames.  Really, this gen has seen a lot of stuff that from a consumer perspective I dislike, such as overpriced DLC and some ridiculous timed exclusives and content.

Still, I also doubt it's any kind of conspiracy on MS - clearly for some engine related reason that mode needs more cache than the 4GB can allocate, which is a pity but I doubt something deliberately coded for.

Thankfully this only happens to a few titles, pity one of them is the platforms Marquee title.

EDIT: edit - given it's just one, less popular mode it's not huge either, just unwlecome in this particular title.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Reasonable said:

"oh, you need the more expensive version to play this popular game"

No, you need a hard drive just for an online co-op feature.

People act like this game is crippled without it.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:

I think the people most bothered by this... don't have a 360.

If it was multiplayer all together that would be a huge problem. But just the campaign? I could care less.

omg you're so right rofl XD

and honestly it's not that different from a game that needs the balance board for some stuff - - I missed out on some parts of Rabbids TV party cuz i didn't have one

Question: Did Halo 3:ODST need a HDD for coop? like did it work on arcades?

PS: "a huge chunk of the game’s functionality missing" - thread makes the issue seem way intense!

did anyone actually buy the crappy 4GB 360 ? if so , i pity da foo!

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

Around the Network

I don't know about you guys but I would be pretty pissed off if I missed a great feature for no apparently good reason. 4GB should definitely be enough, and if older models with less storage space can handle the game, I really wonder what's wrong.

That said, it's not by problem. I don't own a 360 and I've never had much interest for Halo. But a funny case nevertheless, if a little stupid.

Muffin31190 said:

OMG really u make a game for ur system and u cant even play it with ur friends ... that is Just Stupid, why would microsoft do this to one of there biggest multiplayer games?

because if the problem is unknow then there is no problem

it is like RRoD : if you already bought the console, then YOU are fucked but, what matters, is that your money is on MS wallet ... so no problem for MS

what matters is MS, not you.

How many Arcade user are aware of this problem ? not many ==> so no problem !

Time to Work !

Mr Puggsly said:
Cthulhu said:
Mr Puggsly said:

I think the people most bothered by this... don't have a 360.

If it was multiplayer all together that would be a huge problem. But just the campaign? I could care less.

Dont get defensive. And yes maybe you dont care, others do

I surely dont care, I was reading the thread as I'm reading the morning news everyday..But I had to reply to your defensive comment. You work for MS or something?

No, I'm just pointing out Sony fans (and maybe some Nintendo fans?) are using this as fodder for something to mock the 360.

Read through this thread. Sony fans seem to be the ones really upset by this.

That's because most 360 fans would rather die than admit that Bungie or Microsoft did something stupid. It's an issue and I'm betting that all those casual gamers who bought the cheapest system on offer to play Halo aren't going to be happy when they find out they aren't getting a feature that everyone else is getting.

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

Acevil said:
disolitude said:

lol...kinda funny. ITs cheaper to buy the fat 360 than HD for the slim...

But hey...you don't buy a base model car and then complain its missing air conditioning and automatic transmission right? :)

I couldn't imagine a car without Air Conditioning and Automatic Transmission in this day and age even for the crappiest new car in western society. 

(if that was the joke, I am sorry for not being that much of car guy to understand it)

Off topic, I know, but Automatic Transmission is not that popular in all of western society. In the USA, conceed, don't know about Canada. In most of european contries it should be around 50% - 50% and in latin america is by no means popular at all.
Personally, I rather have control of my gear.

Reasonable said:

While the entry model analogy with cars is fair I don't like the idea of the concept creeping into consoles.  "oh, you need the more expensive version to play this popular game" - isn't something I ever wanted to experience with videogames.  Really, this gen has seen a lot of stuff that from a consumer perspective I dislike, such as overpriced DLC and some ridiculous timed exclusives and content.

Still, I also doubt it's any kind of conspiracy on MS - clearly for some engine related reason that mode needs more cache than the 4GB can allocate, which is a pity but I doubt something deliberately coded for.

Thankfully this only happens to a few titles, pity one of them is the platforms Marquee title.

EDIT: edit - given it's just one, less popular mode it's not huge either, just unwlecome in this particular title.

This concept already crept in with the PS1 memory card. Sure the console could be played without it and to all it did was allow you to access the save feature in most titles. Im sure you could probably come up with an even earlier example, this is hardly new for consoles and has existed since before Microsoft made the Xbox.

Tease.