By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - New 360 4Gs Can't Play Reach's Co-Op

Acevil said:
damndl0ser said:

Thumb drives are cheap, so if they want to do coop buy one.  They are less than $20-30 bucks almost anywhere online.

Adding extra storage through USB sticks etc. doesn’t seem to fix the problem.

(I think you have to add those actual storage which isn't even out in UK.)

If that doesn't fix it then I guess it would suck a little.  But when you purchase the cheapest version of anything there are always trade offs and this just happens to be one of them unfortunately. 

"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."

Quote by- The Imortal John Wayne, the original BADASS!

Around the Network

Why wouldn't 4GB be enough to store whatever information is needed for online co-op?  Doesn't make any sense.

Acevil said:
disolitude said:

lol...kinda funny. ITs cheaper to buy the fat 360 than HD for the slim...

But hey...you don't buy a base model car and then complain its missing air conditioning and automatic transmission right? :)

I couldn't imagine a car without Air Conditioning and Automatic Transmission in this day and age even for the crappiest new car in western society. 

(if that was the joke, I am sorry for not being that much of car guy to understand it)

Here is a fact which you may not know.

The following 2010 cars do not come with auto transmission and air conditioning when you purchse the base model:

Chevy Aveo, Chevy Cobalt, Honda Civic, Honda Fit, Hyundai Accent, Hyundai Elantra and many more

Go in to a Honda dealership and tell them you want to buy the advertised 14999 Civic...see what you end up with.

Its common knowledge that you have to add 5000-6000 dollars to a advertised price to get AC, auto, alloy rims and freight...then tax hits you on top of that. :)

disolitude said:

The following 2010 cars do not come with auto transmission and air conditioning when you purchse the base model:

Chevy Aveo, Chevy Cobalt, Honda Civic, Honda Fit, Hyundai Accent, Hyundai Elantra and many more

Go in to a Honda dealership and tell them you want to buy the advertised 14999 Civic...see what you end up with.

Its common knowledge that you have to add 5000-6000 dollars to a advertised price to get AC, auto, alloy rims and freight...then tax hits you on top of that. :)

Hrmm... common knowledge I wasn't aware of, nice to know.

On topic, definitely does suck for those with 4GB Slims. I wonder if they can ever come out with a fix later, somehow.

c0rd said:
disolitude said:

On topic, definitely does suck for those with 4GB Slims. I wonder if they can ever come out with a fix later, somehow.

The "Fix" is Microsoft getting even more money from people trying to save money by buying a hard drive to put on their system...i'm sure it's no mistake that their most popular game doesn't work on the cheaper version of the system without enhancement.

Just waiting for that PS Vita to come out so I can play some full featured games on the go with that beautiful screen and control scheme...

Around the Network
Vanbierk said:
c0rd said:
disolitude said:

The "Fix" is Microsoft getting even more money from people trying to save money by buying a hard drive to put on their system...i'm sure it's no mistake that their most popular game doesn't work on the cheaper version of the system without enhancement.

Sounds silly to me. It's Bungie, I'm sure they'd have included it if possible. Not like they get money from MS' hard drives.

Keep in mind, it looks as if this is only affecting online / LAN multiplayer co-op, so it's not as if they're barred from playing the entire game. Most shooters don't even have that feature.

c0rd said:
Vanbierk said:
c0rd said:
disolitude said:

Sounds silly to me. It's Bungie, I'm sure they'd have included it if possible. Not like they get money from MS' hard drives.

Keep in mind, it looks as if this is only affecting online / LAN multiplayer co-op, so it's not as if they're barred from playing the entire game. Most shooters don't even have that feature.

Well then there should be a version of the game that is 15-20 bucks less because it doesn't include co-operative gameplay, and the fact that the full game can not be played on certain systems should be factored into the game ratings...do they really need to cache more than 4GB of data at a time for co-op?

And regardless if Bungie made the game...Microsoft is sill the producer, so their business practices are involved...

Just waiting for that PS Vita to come out so I can play some full featured games on the go with that beautiful screen and control scheme...

Vanbierk said:
c0rd said:
Vanbierk said:
c0rd said:
disolitude said:

Well then there should be a version of the game that is 15-20 bucks less because it doesn't include co-operative gameplay, and the fact that the full game can not be played on certain systems should be factored into the game ratings...do they really need to cache more than 4GB of data at a time for co-op?

And regardless if Bungie made the game...Microsoft is sill the producer, so their business practices are involved...

Here is even a cheaper fix, simply don't buy the game if its an issue.  

Sometimes I think you guys all believe Microsoft just sits around thinking up ways to screw those poor poor gamers over.  They aren't people......

There are always trade offs in purchasing the baseline product over the better more expensive version.  But I guess some of you people out there can't seem to understand this basic principle.  

"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."

Quote by- The Imortal John Wayne, the original BADASS!

@Vanbierk

This isn't anything new. You need a hard drive to play coop Halo 3 ODST.

I agree that its unfortunate but most other games don't even have coop. I'm sure Bungie did the best they could...

Bungie did what they could with what they had to work with.

While they never said anything about the issue, they wouldn't have been the first to express regrets over the difficulties of working within the limitations of a system that has no HDD as a standard feature.

I'm actually quite surprised that this hasn't been an issue more often.