By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Resident Evil 3DS visual effects capabilities REVEALED screenshots inside!

Darc Requiem said:
Trentonater said:

why is it going to look better in 2d? it defeats the purpose!

Well to be fair, you really can't judge without the 3D effect.

That, and it still looks pretty damn good, either way.

Around the Network

Imagine how bad the Wii will become. Getting owned by the 3DS... 

Seriously though simply amazing! Giving gamers everything you could ask for :D

Holy beep on a beep sandwich!

Above: still the best game of the year.

kopstudent89 said:

It's been mentioned, if not here, that the 3DS uses shaders instead of the TEV. So it's more an example of developer familiarity, as Darkside Chronicles still gets almost all of these effects, along with a higher polygon count.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

LordTheNightKnight said:
kopstudent89 said:

It's been mentioned, if not here, that the 3DS uses shaders instead of the TEV. So it's more an example of developer familiarity, as Darkside Chronicles still gets almost all of these effects, along with a higher polygon count.

while i agree, is sad that wii doesnt gets a non railed shooter that looks like this and probably never will. hence, to most people, wii will remain as vastly inferior in graphics to nintendos handheld. If only Capcom had the will to do it.

That said, im not sure if DC pulls more poly count and it certainly lacks some effects.Because of memory constrains,i also doubt it could pull it properly in a non railed environment.Shaders, lighting, normal maps, all of that take a toll on memory. Apparently 3ds can handle that on a non restricted environment, while we cant argue that the 88 megs of the wii are a huge constrain.Therefore, we can asume the 3ds is handling something along 256 megs of memory to do all of this with the ease.Treyarch and HVS have commented what a painful process has been to squeeze their graphical elements and how many tricks and visual sacrifices(moreso treyarch) to work around the memory limitation.If im correct, 3ds has at least twice the amount of memory (and triple the cubes) ,allowing to overall push much much stronger visuals(as they are proving so far).

Around the Network
intro94 said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
kopstudent89 said:

while i agree, is sad that wii doesnt gets a non railed shooter that looks like this and probably never will. hence, to most people, wii will remain as vastly inferior in graphics to nintendos handheld. If only Capcom had the will to do it.

That said, im not sure if DC pulls more poly count and it certainly lacks some effects.Because of memory constrains,i also doubt it could pull it properly in a non railed environment.Shaders, lighting, normal maps, all of that take a toll on memory. Apparently 3ds can handle that on a non restricted environment, while we cant argue that the 88 megs of the wii are a huge constrain.Therefore, we can asume the 3ds is handling something along 256 megs of memory to do all of this with the ease.Treyarch and HVS have commented what a painful process has been to squeeze their graphical elements and how many tricks and visual sacrifices(moreso treyarch) to work around the memory limitation.If im correct, 3ds has at least twice the amount of memory (and triple the cubes) ,allowing to overall push much much stronger visuals(as they are proving so far).

BTW, if this turns out to be a rail shooter, that will kind of put egg on their faces.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

intro94 said:

That said, im not sure if DC pulls more poly count and it certainly lacks some effects.

The 3DS has a higher polygon pushing capability than the DC did.  There is no doubt of that one.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

LordTheNightKnight said:

BTW, if this turns out to be a rail shooter, that will kind of put egg on their faces.

Lol, I was thinking the same

Farmageddon said:
LordTheNightKnight said:

Lol, I was thinking the sam

yeah.thats why it wont happen. I dont even think DS or 3ds are decent systems for on rail shooters.Just tapping to shot seems odd and its likely the 3ds wont get any light gun game game during its lifetime ,because of control scheme, screen sizes, and so forth.

intro94 said:
Farmageddon said:
LordTheNightKnight said:

Lol, I was thinking the sam

yeah.thats why it wont happen. I dont even think DS or 3ds are decent systems for on rail shooters.Just tapping to shot seems odd and its likely the 3ds wont get any light gun game game during its lifetime ,because of control scheme, screen sizes, and so forth.

I don't think it'll be on-rails either. But the meltdown would be a sight to behold. Or there might be just lots and lots of norrow corridors making it essentially a rail shooter :P

Oh, btw, wasn't there another thread for this already?