By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - If a PS3 Reviewer of R.U.S.E Doesn't Try it on Move = Poor Review Method?

themanwithnoname said:

Well, by that logic then, the Arkham Asylum scores should be the same because not everyone has access to an internet connection either.

Only the stuff on the disc should be reviewed. No patches, no dlc, no optional accessories 

Sig thanks to Saber! :D 

Around the Network

I was actually discussing this with Naznatips a couple of weeks ago.

He said (and I agree) that it should be like the Wiimote and Classic Controller: You mention and describe both in the review, and you use the best to assign a score. If the Move controls are phenomenal and the DS3 controls suck, and the reader sees a high score, doesn't own Move, and buys the game, well, that's his own fault for not reading the review

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Depends on the game. RTS were designed with the Pointer in mind. Playing an RTS with an analog is just stupid. I was going to rant at the idea that consoles like the PS3 and 360 are designed for classic controller and all games for the console should properly support it. But nooo if it was anything but a RTS I would. The reviewers that are not using the Pointer input. Shouldn't be reviewing. Still I will say this. If the game supports both mediums> Then reader should be informed of how Both mediums work.

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.

Well, this raises and interesting question regarding reviews.  How exactly should multiple control schemes and configurations be accounted for in the review of a game on consoles?  More people will likely do RUSE with a regular control vs Move, but Move can make things better.  Same for reviewing driving games.

I say all should be accounted for, and we move away from scores as review tools.

KylieDog said:
dsister said:

Only the stuff on the disc should be reviewed. No patches, no dlc, no optional accessories 

Xbox Live Gold is an optional pay for extra.  Perhaps all Xbox games should not be rated on any online multiplayer aspects.

I personally agree. I don't care whatsoever for Live and would rather have the review all about the singleplayer. 

But since it's on the disc, they should review it

Around the Network
dsister said:
KylieDog said:
dsister said:

Xbox Live Gold is an optional pay for extra.  Perhaps all Xbox games should not be rated on any online multiplayer aspects.

I personally agree. I don't care whatsoever for Live and would rather have the review all about the singleplayer. 

But since it's on the disc, they should review it

Move controls are on the disc too though.

I think they should do as Kantor said, score based on the best way to play the game, and if the reader can't read the review, then tough luck.

Rainbird said:

But move doesn't :P

dsister said:
Rainbird said:

Nor is the DS3.

Icyedge said:

In this case or racing game case, I think 2 different score for control or gameplay would make sense.

dito

Rainbird said:
dsister said:
Rainbird said:

Nor is the DS3.

Obviously they should only review it with the sixthaxis controller :P