By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword Prediction Thread

Hmm I think sales will be similar to Twilight Princess - similar opening, higher 13 week number due to much better installbase, and smaller lifetime since new Nintendo console will probably cut it's life short.

Also the art style imho can only work against this game. Mainstream doesn't like games with artistic visuals.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Around the Network

After spending 40 hours doing research I am proud to announce my predictions:

Week 1 -- 1,042,188

13 Weeks -- 3,301,250

Life To Date (Sales by year 2025) -- 6,525,313

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

You're predicting? This is an outrage. I am outraged!

Zlejedi said:

Hmm I think sales will be similar to Twilight Princess - similar opening, higher 13 week number due to much better installbase, and smaller lifetime since new Nintendo console will probably cut it's life short.

Also the art style imho can only work against this game. Mainstream doesn't like games with artistic visuals.

Then, explain Mario's sales.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

First week: 1,2 million

13 weeks: 2,9 million

Lifetime: 5,5 million

Around the Network

1. FW "1.2m"

2. 13 weeks  "3m"

3 LT "6.5m"

and i see hardware push Easy

Roar_Of_War said:
Conegamer said:
Roar_Of_War said:

Like I said, I think the Wii will have slow momentum when Skyward Sword is released. I don't think the non-gamer crowd will be interested in too much software at the time, so it will be up to the fans. The sales of Twilight Princess will likely not just carry on over to Skyward Sword.

I said the same about NSMB Wii, but look at it now. Like I've said, it's all how they advertise it. If they say it's in the same vein as Galaxy and promote the art-style to the casual crowd, they'll pick it up, along with the Nintendo faithful.

It's all down to Nintendo.

If it is in the same vein as Galaxy 1 and 2, then the next Zelda will definitely not outsell the first one no matter how much Nintendo advertises it. However, you're right that we have to wait and see still. Perhaps the Motion Plus hype will appeal to the non-gamer crowd more than I think. I'm just not personally expecting it to, partially due to the slow momentum I predicted for the Wii.

The only thing you can predict about Nintendo this gen is that they're unpredictable. We'll see.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

There is absolutely no hype regarding this game, I'm pretty shocked.

Here's my prediction:

1. First Week sales ----- 1,350,000

2. 13-Week sales ----- 3,200,000

3. Lifetime sales ----- 5,700,000

Bruno Muñoz said:

Here's my prediction:

Just remember the game doesn't have a release date and no solid playthroughs and no real press coments etc. The hype will build soon; don't worry.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Bruno Muñoz said:

Here's my prediction:

the game releases next year sometime, so there is no reason to be hyped about a game that releases in 2011, that is a long time to care at this time