By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword Prediction Thread

I don't think story is going to have a damn thing to do with it, but we'll see.

Around the Network
Khuutra said:
ghost_of_fazz said:
Khuutra said:
ghost_of_fazz said:

First week: 1.5 millions

13 weeks: 3 millions

Total: 10 millions

I'm having trouble believing that this is meant with any kind of seriousness

Why? Is it too low?

You're expecting it to outsell the best-selling Zelda game of all time, which was one of the backbones of its entire console's library, by like 30%.

You sure you want me to put you down for that?

You are talking about Ocarina of Time right? If Twilight Princess managed around 80% (Wii only) of Ocarina's numbers without an install base, I'd say it's possible for Skyward Sword to achieve 10 millions with the current Wii install base. Also, it's gonna be THE GAME for the Wii when it's released.

So yeah, let's do it.

um ... what do I get when I win?

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

hatmoza said:

um ... what do I get when I win?

Your prediction would be redeemable for the tears of orphans

ghost_of_fazz said:

You are talking about Ocarina of Time right? If Twilight Princess managed around 80% (Wii only) of Ocarina's numbers without an install base, I'd say it's possible for Skyward Sword to achieve 10 millions with the current Wii install base. Also, it's gonna be THE GAME for the Wii when it's released.

So yeah, let's do it.

it could also get delayed like twilight princess and put on the wii 2 >_> instead of the original console it was intended.for :P

But you're argument... makes sense nonetheless

Around the Network
thelifatree said:
ghost_of_fazz said:

So yeah, let's do it.

it could also get delayed like twilight princess and put on the wii 2 >_> instead of the original console it was intended.for :P

It really doesn't; Zelda's sales have never had a direct correlation with userbase, not ever.

Still, it's in the table now.

Khuutra said:
thelifatree said:
ghost_of_fazz said:

So yeah, let's do it.

It really doesn't; Zelda's sales have never had a direct correlation with userbase, not ever.

Still, it's in the table now.

I guess. I mean, that's obviously not how I arrived at my guess. And I don't agree with it.

But, I understand how he arrived at it (as I'm sure you do as well). He think's it's going to be New Super Zelda Brothers.

Maybe my definition of making sense is more lax that your's :). Well, I'm almost sure it is actually.

900k first week.

3.7 million 13 weeks

5 million lifetiime

Khuutra, how are you making your prediction for sales? We know next to nothing about this game. The same question goes out to everyone else who is making predictions.

Is this all based on previous sales patterns in Zelda games?

wfz said:

Khuutra, how are you making your prediction for sales? We know next to nothing about this game. The same question goes out to everyone else who is making predictions.

Is this all based on previous sales patterns in Zelda games?

Yep. Basically this, a little bit of a shot in the dark, and anticipation based on what Nintendo has said about stripping Zelda down to its most core elements.